Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Votes - 2 Average
Former Players & Managers
(08-26-2019, 12:08 PM)tattiedave Wrote: I really liked him when he was with us, but at 34 I think his better days are behind him.
In saying that,after the abject defensive display against Livvy.............

When with us previously I thought Foster was our best right back AND our best left back, at the club, I have a feeling that if he were to return that situation may well continue to be the same.

(08-26-2019, 12:14 PM)Despot Wrote: Foster seems to have a habit of causing issues wherever he goes.

I don't remember him being a problem at County though?

He was the players Rep under McIntyre and stood up for Scott Boyd in the Boyd-Gate fiasco - Foster, Graham both fell foul of McIntyre for siding with Scott and ended up being punted.....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(08-26-2019, 01:31 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: He was the players Rep under McIntyre and stood up for Scott Boyd in the Boyd-Gate fiasco - Foster, Graham both fell foul of McIntyre for siding with Scott and ended up being punted.....

That corresponds with story I heard at the time.

Would welcome Foster back with open arms. And with Jimmy Mac gone think Mrs Foster will be happy to visit again too

(08-26-2019, 01:29 PM)frankthetank Wrote: When with us previously I thought Foster was our best right back AND our best left back, at the club, I have a feeling that if he were to return that situation may well continue to be the same.
2-footed full-back, former player, what's not to like?

(08-27-2019, 10:37 AM)Fozzie Wrote: 2-footed full-back, former player, what's not to like?

Just his age, that's all.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

See young Sandy Macleod is the new gaffer at highland league Clach. Loss to the under 12s but best of luck to him and maybe get the keys to Viccy park in the future

Here’s hoping he has a successful return to us at some point in the future

Unfortunately Sandy had the misfortune to loose to the mighty Fort Bill. Great for them but Clach are in the doldrums at present. Got young lads so he maybe be able to turn them around.
Maybe he could take a few of the County youff for some game time

Having watched them a decent bit it’s only a matter of time imo that there form will improve soon

Don’t Fort William have a load of Caley players on loan too?

(09-13-2019, 12:38 PM)Sxc boi Wrote: Don’t Fort William have a load of Caley players on loan too?

Quite a few indeed, but I think only one has ever made the bench for the first team.

(09-12-2019, 10:17 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: Unfortunately Sandy had the misfortune to loose to the mighty Fort Bill. Great for them but Clach are in the doldrums at present. Got young lads so he maybe be able to turn them around.
Maybe he could take a few of the County youff for some game time

I've seen Clach a few times this season, they're absolutely terrible down the flanks and powder puff up front. How we didn't put them out of the North of Scotland Cup I'll never know.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49784650

Inih Effiong, remember him?

Derek Adams for Ayr job??????

(09-23-2019, 10:41 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Derek Adams for Ayr job??????

I'll be Ayr today gone tomorrow.

(09-23-2019, 01:41 PM)the reaper Wrote: I'll be Ayr today gone tomorrow.

Probably not a bad McCall!!!!

The Adams family would be a breath of fresh ayr!

McIntyre linked with the job too.
Hardly a suprise given he's linked with every available job!
Out of the 2 ex county bosses, Adams is definitely the better option.

(09-24-2019, 12:57 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: McIntyre linked with the job too.
Hardly a suprise given he's linked with every available job!
Out of the 2 ex county bosses, Adams is definitely the better option.

Both have decent records in the second tier, to be fair. Derek winning us the league and JMac winning Dunfermline the league.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

(09-24-2019, 02:05 PM)Despot Wrote: Both have decent records in the second tier, to be fair. Derek winning us the league and JMac winning Dunfermline the league.

DA had a decent record in the SPL,J Mac also, including a major trophy,so not just Championship managers.

(08-26-2019, 12:08 PM)tattiedave Wrote: I really liked him when he was with us, but at 34 I think his better days are behind him.
In saying that,after the abject defensive display against Livvy.............

I'm glad to say Richie Foster( he hates being called Ricky) is St Johnstones loss and Ross County's gain.
Looks like my concerns were unfounded.