Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Votes - 2.21 Average
Former Players & Managers
(09-03-2018, 10:41 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: McCarey has joined Warrenpoint Town in the NI Premiership. They're semi pro and currently sit bottom of the league!

Definitely a step down for him. Latterly he was a decent keeper for us, thought he would do better than this tbh.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45395960

Rated him pretty highly after the 1-0 loss to celtic at victoria park and the 0-0 with hearts at tynecastle the same month. Shame it didn't work out better.

From the Republic of Ireland squad to the bottom of the Northern Irish Premiership in the space of six months. Quite the fall from grace for McCarey!

Both he had Fox had their confidence completely shot last season. McCarey's a much better keeper than that level.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(07-19-2015, 12:00 PM)forkboy Wrote: Alan Creer says hi

Wow. A decade ago and I can still remember his performance for Alloa and then us vividly.

(09-05-2018, 01:41 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: Wow. A decade ago and I can still remember his performance for Alloa and then us vividly.

Possibly the worst player I've ever seen in a County shirt and oh boy have there been some stinkers.

It would appear that the natives in plymouth are restless. Another defeat today.
Queue the sack the manager chant. Derek's jacket on that very shoogilee nail now.

Think player need a good look at themselves tho

Jackson Irvine scored Hull's 2nd goal in a 2 nil win over Ipswich and Youn Arquin remember him! scored in Yeovil's 6 nil win at Newport County.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

Andrew Davies scored both in a two nill win for Hartlepool.

Just saw our former renowned international defender atli gregerson being interviewed on bbc news, didn't quite catch the whole story but it was something to do with the Faroese wanting recognition to compete at the olympics I think.

Is big Atli still playing in the Faroes? He must be 36 or 37 now.

Jim McIntyre is the new Dundee boss

I think he'll do a decent job for them.

Tough gig being an ex Arab though.

Hope they enjoy boring unmotivated football with all the players playing out of position.

Where's Woods these days? Has to be a shout for Jim to bring in at Dundee.

Boyce v Adams today.
As I said on Twitter, I wonder how Boyce's career would have panned out if Del hadn't plucked him from Cliftonville.
Just glad we had him for a while, left us with with some great memories.

(10-20-2018, 06:30 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Boyce v Adams today.
As I said on Twitter, I wonder how Boyce's career would have panned out if Del hadn't plucked him from Cliftonville.
Just glad we had him for a while, left us with with some great memories.

Adams signed him but I think it was JM & BD that made him theplayer he became

And as he said himself, getting away from his mums home cooking helped a lot!

(10-20-2018, 11:08 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: And as he said himself, getting away from his mums home cooking helped a lot!

The health and fitness guy to whom Kettleson promptly gave his jotters really work wonders with Boyce. Look at him now, and you'd never have thought he was a little heavy. There's barely an inch of fat on him anymore.

Of course, that's not to say Adams and Brewster wouldn't have got him fit either. I'd like to think any semi-competent backroom team would have got him fit enough for his potential to show through.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(10-20-2018, 01:55 PM)Spain Wrote: Of course, that's not to say Adams and Brewster wouldn't have got him fit either. I'd like to think any semi-competent backroom team would have got him fit enough for his potential to show through.

Watched Plymouth v Burton today (visiting parents). Plymouth lost 2-3 to Burton. Was expecting Plymouth to be pretty poor as get regular updates from my parents who are season ticket holders; the 3 Burton goals were from set pieces and the team are really struggling. Negative feelings for Derek Adams are running high; he was booed off at FT with some fans shouting all sorts at him.
Boyce's performance was also disappointing; just remember him as a great player and goal scorer and not much sign of that today; he definitely doesn't shine at that level.