Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 2.15 Average
Former Players & Managers
(06-01-2018, 10:22 PM)sirjames Wrote: I hope Neale gets a lasting tribute of some sort. Renaming The West Stand to The Neale Cooper Stand sounds good to me.

Like it. Renaming any of the stands would be good. Could rename the East Stand so players see it as they come out tunnek or something

Whoever CuzDog's agent is, get him in the room with Trump and Kim Jong-Un, evidently nothing is beyond his/her negotiating skills

(06-01-2018, 10:22 PM)sirjames Wrote: I hope Neale gets a lasting tribute of some sort. Renaming The West Stand to The Neale Cooper Stand sounds good to me.

Cracking idea. Slightly surprised we haven't gone down the naming rights route with individual stands- can't imagine we'd turn down a few extra quid to be playing infront of the Duff Beer Jailend
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Was flicking through ‘people you may know’ on LinkedIn and who should appear but Sam Morrow! Now a scout for Birmingham City! I liked Morrow, he was a grafter and made a lot of good link up play, just wasn’t exactly banging them in himself!

(06-05-2018, 11:48 PM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: Was flicking through ‘people you may know’ on LinkedIn and who should appear but Sam Morrow! Now a scout for Birmingham City! I liked Morrow, he was a grafter and made a lot of good link up play, just wasn’t exactly banging them in himself!

Is LinkedIn coda for Tinder these days?

(06-06-2018, 08:35 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Is LinkedIn coda for Tinder these days?

Christ, don’t tell everyone, they’ll all be using it...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44341747

Owen Coyle taking credit or the current managerial set-up ?

What a plank. I like how he is touting himself for "offers" ai personally don't think he should manage a football team again. Clown.

Lost my log in details and just got them back.

Was sad to hear about Neale Cooper, I think it would be a great sentiment to have a stand named after him, has to be better than east or west. He achieved a lot for and with our club and I'd like to see a lasting remark to him

Was at Neale Coopers celebration of his life at Pittodrie last night. A magnificent turn out of fans for the big man. A very sad but also joyous occasion with plenty laughter and stories. A larger than life character who will sadly be missed by so many. Most of the Gothenberg team were present with Willie Miller & Alex Mcliesh saying a few words. His son Alex stood up also which must have been so tough for him. He even had a Highland accent. Paul Lawson was there and I was speaking to Daisy Ross & Robbie Williamson at the end. 220 red & white balloons were released to mark his total appearances for his beloved Dons. Rip Neale & God bless.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

(06-09-2018, 01:25 PM)ShEp Wrote: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44341747

Owen Coyle taking credit or the current managerial set-up ?

What a plank. I like how he is touting himself for "offers" ai personally don't think he should manage a football team again. Clown.

Lost my log in details and just got them back.

Was sad to hear about Neale Cooper, I think it would be a great sentiment to have a stand named after him, has to be better than east or west. He achieved a lot for and with our club and I'd like to see a lasting remark to him

Where does Coyle take credit for the current coaches? You’re right on the rest of it though: he’s done as a manager, and the Neale Cooper stand has a good ring to it.

I'll add my support to naming a stand in memory of Neale Cooper. He had, and still has, such a massive part in our history. No Cooper, no Adams etc.

Maybe not name our pitch the Tattie field though.

(06-09-2018, 02:08 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Where does Coyle take credit for the current coaches? You’re right on the rest of it though: he’s done as a manager, and the Neale Cooper stand has a good ring to it.

Admittedly, not directly. But it says he accellerated county's plan to put them in place early.

Makes it look as though it was his choice to leave. He didn't have a choice.. the only reason it was reported that he had a choice was so he could get work again.

After the 18months has past since his appointment I guarantee he will come out with some scathing remarks about County.

Man's a waste of space and couldn't manage a Barry White by himself.

I notice Joe Cardle has been released by Dunfermline

(06-11-2018, 08:58 PM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: I notice Joe Cardle has been released by Dunfermline

I've heard of worse suggestions. The team doesn't have much pace or flair. Then again, he was incredibly frustrating.

Gary Miller is signing for Morton, according to scuttlebutt.

Joe Cardle had his chances here under Jim McIntyre, and did not merit being kept on.

One trick pony and everyone in Scottish football knows his one trick.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(06-11-2018, 08:58 PM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: I notice Joe Cardle has been released by Dunfermline

Noooooooooooooooo!

Jackson Irvine gets 20 mins for Australia vs France today.

Don't really know if Effiong qualifies as a former 'player' but he's moved to Dover apparently

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44587842

A genuinely atrocious football player. Nice bloke by all accounts, but I’d say he’s in the top three of the worst players I’ve ever seen at Ross County. Up thee with Uros Celcer and that goalie who chopped his thumbs off. I can’t believe that transfer was on the straight and level.

(06-25-2018, 02:16 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: A genuinely atrocious football player. Nice bloke by all accounts, but I’d say he’s in the top three of the worst players I’ve ever seen at Ross County. Up thee with Uros Celcer and that goalie who chopped his thumbs off. I can’t believe that transfer was on the straight and level.

Agree, I reckon Coyle got 10 pairs of shorts for signing him!

(06-25-2018, 02:16 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: that goalie who chopped his thumbs off.

Alan Creer.

Still better than Colin Stewart and Gary Hamilton.

(07-20-2015, 06:04 AM)Son of Earl. Wrote: Gary Miller - Anyone any further info on this ?

Officially a non starter. Was never any interest.