Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.43 Average
Former Players & Managers
(08-16-2017, 02:14 PM)Spain Wrote: Jimmy Calderwood has revealed he has early onset Alzheimer's. There are many reason's I was glad and unsurprised that we didn't keep him on, but Alzheimer's is a horrible disease and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Jeez that's scary news  Sad
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Awful news. Sad

Jimmy's had his time in Scottish football, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

There is a terrible trend developing with old footballers and conditions such as this.

Terrible news, my thoughts go out to Jimmy and his family.

Gutted for Jimmy, thought go to him and his family.

Will be interesting to watch Jackson Irvine test himself v Man Utd in the EFL Cup! They've drawn Burton obviously....

Shame Boyce has to miss a trip to Old Trafford. Sad

Rumours circulating in England that Hull are close to completing a £2.5m for Jackson Irvine. Though Leeds apparently also interested in a deal.

(08-26-2017, 02:21 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Rumours circulating in England that Hull are close to completing a £2.5m for Jackson Irvine. Though Leeds apparently also interested in a deal.

You'd have to think Hull would be the move.  And County will be in for at least 10%.  I'd imagine, given that they only paid £350,000 that it would be substantially higher than that.

Who know's how much we'll see. Remember, Jackson only signed for us on the basis that he had a fairly low release clause. He may well have done the same at Burton as he's confident in his ability to keep stepping up.

By the way by low, I mean low for English standards these days.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(08-26-2017, 04:07 PM)Spain Wrote: Who know's how much we'll see. Remember, Jackson only signed for us on the basis that he had a fairly low release clause. He may well have done the same at Burton as he's confident in his ability to keep stepping up.

By the way by low, I mean low for English standards these days.

Let's hope county get a good deal,out of it while wishing a favourite player the best

Hopefully Burton get a sell-on % put in too, as I'm pretty sure that'd carry on through for us as well.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(08-26-2017, 03:07 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: You'd have to think Hull would be the move.  And County will be in for at least 10%.  I'd imagine, given that they only paid £350,000 that it would be substantially higher than that.

I'm not sure why people are assuming there is a  sell on, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't one!

Burton apparently paid the 350k upfront in the deal, yes it's a low amount but for a club to pay the lot upfront is VERY unusual.

All the best to Jackson I hope he makes it to the Premiership next season or very soon.

@TyroneSTV 1m ago

Hull City have signed Jackson Irvine from Burton Albion on a 3 year deal .... for a fee believed to be in excess of £2 million

Now he's left Celtic it appears GMS couldn't wait to have a wash.

http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgo...g-13539534

Sernas was Lithuania's striker against Scotland last night - don't remember him playing too games for us though. That was in McIntyre's first season I think.

He looked decent but that's when we went on that crazy unbeaten/winning run so the team didn't change too much (quite rightly too imho)

Played in goal in that home debacle v St Mirren remember, after Mark Brown was sent off.

Nothing to confirm we got some dosh for Irvin'es transfer to Hull?
Reasonably confident we did get some, but would still be nice to put it to bed.

Paul Lawson takes over as manager at formartine, good luck to him, was a great player for us and scored some cracking goals from distance.