Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Nairn County vs Ross County - Wed 8 July
Davis and Robertson were not really tested for pace because there positional play was good though Davis was not frightened to push forward and join the midfield when play permitted.
In second half Nairn broke after County corner and Holden cleared up attack with his pace.
IMO I think Boyd has gained a few yards in pace since JM & BD have arrived

When the second half kicked off the guys who had been subbed off came and sat with the missus and I, Davies, Graham, Curran, Franks, Dingwall etc.

They were good craic (although like us they weren't to chuffed to be sitting on that hard cold wooden bench for so long), and they were saying that Holden's nickname is "Milky" and they seemed a decent bunch of guys.

Robertson and Davies look like really good signings and will do really well for us.
I liked the look of Henly, and I hear he's joining the squad on the trip to Hungary.

Davies is quick and a really good sweeper, him and Robertson would make a good partnership.

Promising early signs from some of the new faces then, good to hear.

I think there may be selection headaches ahead. All played well last night and there is real cometition for places

Pictures from Nairn match.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/weecounty/...5676272031

(07-10-2015, 08:43 AM)staggered Wrote: Pictures from Nairn match.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/weecounty/...5676272031

Looking at those photos, Graham looks dominant in the air! What a leap he's got. Something we didn't have in a striker last season.

Looked like a decent crowd turned up to watch the game
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

Cracking photos, thanks for sharing Wink

(07-10-2015, 09:18 AM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Looking at those photos, Graham looks dominant in the air! What a leap he's got. Something we didn't have in a striker last season.

Almost this time last year I had written off Jervis for not being able to play with his back to goal.

Brian Graham's style is the polar opposite, but his one-touch passing to the wide players was just as impressive.

(07-10-2015, 01:54 PM)john@THHP Wrote: Almost this time last year I had written off Jervis for not being able to play with his back to goal.

Brian Graham's style is the polar opposite, but his one-touch passing to the wide players was just as impressive.

I think we've got a good mix of strikers this season.

Boyce - poacher
Graham - target man
Curran - pace

All three have scored goals at SPL level. McIntyre says he wants one more, but I think if Macleod has a good pre-season then he'll be our fourth choice striker.

(07-10-2015, 03:17 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: I think we've got a good mix of strikers this season.

Boyce - poacher
Graham - target man
Curran - pace

All three have scored goals at SPL level. McIntyre says he wants one more, but I think if Macleod has a good pre-season then he'll be our fourth choice striker.

I wouldnt say Curran had pace, I really dont think of him as particularly quick.  
His work-rate is unreal though, and he uses his body to hold the ball up fantastically well.  Definitely a valuable player for us.

(07-11-2015, 05:18 AM)staggie1746 Wrote: I wouldnt say Curran had pace, I really dont think of him as particularly quick.  
His work-rate is unreal though, and he uses his body to hold the ball up fantastically well.  Definitely a valuable player for us.

Agreed, he's certainly no slow coach, but he's not a rocket either. He can hold the ball up well though, lays off passes and draws in others remarkably well, but without being flashy, gets his head onto more balls than he should for his height, is in the right place to nab a goal now and then, and plays every game like his life depends on it. A great attitude which really makes a difference. 
The competition between him, Boyce, Graham and McLeod should be interesting to see!

(07-09-2015, 03:43 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Davies is quick and a really good sweeper, him and Robertson would make a good partnership.

What about Davies and Hainault.  Anybody up for that?  If not, how about Davies and Songo'o?

Davies wasn't so impressive today.

I think it was his man who scored from a corner then shortly after his man seemed to do a simple one two to then score another. All not his fault i know but i was quick to lavish praise after the nairn match, today wasn't anywhere near that performance. Playing up here and being captain of Ross County isn't going to me easy HE needs concentration and commitment to make this a success, it won't be a walk in the park.

On the flipside his long range passing was outstanding.

(07-11-2015, 10:39 PM)john@THHP Wrote: On the flipside his long range passing was outstanding.

Flynn-esque?

(07-11-2015, 10:39 PM)john@THHP Wrote: On the flipside his long range passing was outstanding.

There were some cracking long diagonals, i just didn't seem to catch who was setting Gardyne/Franks free.  If, as you imply it was Davies i doff my hat Cool

I'm still very confident Davies will be a real good player for us, today, defensively, best forgotten imo. Blush

(07-11-2015, 10:57 PM)IDW16 Wrote: Flynn-esque?

He has Lawson's action. Time will tell if he has the consistency.

Frank is right, he didn't look good at the two goals conceded and he had a frustrated late tackle on someone at the half way line. Everything else was very good.