Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Charles Kennedy
He has sadly passed away. Only 55 as well Sad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-sc...s-32970337

Very sad news indeed. A very decent man and a very principled politician. The Highlands are the poorer for his passing. Thoughts with his widow and young son.

I was shocked and saddened to hear the news about Charles kennedy this morning, a true gentleman, my thoughts go out to his family and friends, RIP

Devastated. A very good man who was immensely capable. As well as the national reaction, there will be a lot of people back home struggling with the news. A real loss.

Only 55!! He should have had donkey's years with his family after all the time he gave up for politics.
RIP Charles.

I recommend folk look out the tributes from yesterday's PMQs. Very moving tributes from all sides of the house. Tim Farron and David Cameron's eulogies were particularly heartfelt.

The thing I liked about Charlie was there was no hint of " I told you so" on the topics of the Iraq war and the Tory coalition, both of which he said were a bad idea from the outset.

(06-04-2015, 10:15 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: The thing I liked about Charlie was there was no hint of " I told you so" on the topics of the Iraq war and the Tory coalition, both of which he said were a bad idea from the outset.

Yup. Even Kenneth Clarke, who was politically the plat opponent of Charlie, had nothing but heartfelt tributes for him, talking about how he never criticised his opponents' views, but just argued logically against them.

Where's Son of Earl's post gone?
Deleted by himself or removed by mods?