Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Points goals & other stats
I'd like to see such stats for Vigurs in his final season with us.
Maybe my memories are exaggerated but I thought his assists/goals were pretty awesome.

Not sure he is JM's type of player but I'd love him back.

(05-29-2015, 10:15 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Not sure he is JM's type of player but I'd love him back.

For the sake of this argument I'd say Vigurs is a better, slower version of Woods. As long as he puts the work in there could be a role for him there...
His lack of pace may be an issue given the tempo we like to play at, but very few of our players are particularly quick really, Boyce, Curran, De Vita arent, and Woods wasnt. However, pace is maybe more of a requirement in that almost 'box to box' midfield role that may be asked of Vigurs is he was brought into Woods old role?
He'd also be tremendous competition for De Vita's place.

(05-29-2015, 07:51 AM)john@THHP Wrote: ... bla bla bla ... stat stat stat ...
Boyce, Gardyne and De Vita would have all been in the league's top six players for being clinical in the final third.

And we have all three for another two years.

Thanks to Thom Watt from STV for providing the raw numbers.

Yeah but

Our spell of excellent form co-incided with us mostly not playing the very best of teams in the league, i.e. in the run up to the split and the last 5.

Not taking anything away from the brilliant work of the squad, the club and Saint Jim 'n' Saint Billy, I just want to put in a word of caution about County's ability to replicate the consistent good form that we ended this season with.

- "caution" -
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Of course. I don't expect Boyce, Gardyne and De Vita to drag Ross County into the top four as a result. 7th-10th again is absolutely fine by me.

However, County won against all but the league's top three, two of whom generally play at a different level of performance. It's not that small a sample otherwise. There's plenty to be optimistic about in terms of County creating enough goals to remain competitive.

(05-30-2015, 09:00 AM)john@THHP Wrote: Of course. I don't expect Boyce, Gardyne and De Vita to drag Ross County into the top four as a result. 7th-10th again is absolutely fine by me.

However, County won against all but the league's top three, two of whom generally play at a different level of performance. It's not that small a sample otherwise. There's plenty to be optimistic about in terms of County creating enough goals to remain competitive.

Okay then.

Thumbs Up 
So that's 

Boyce on 4 League Goals + 1 Cup Goal
Curran on 3L
Davies on 1L + 1C
Franks on 1L
Gardyne on 1C

Thumbs Up 
(08-22-2015, 05:31 PM)Les Westander Wrote: So that's 

Curran on 3L
Davies on 1L + 1C
Franks on 1L
Gardyne on 1C

And 10 points from 6 games leaves us in 5th place at this very early stage on the league table. 

Smile

Davies on 1L + 1C

Two league goals.

Killie and Dundee United.

Both assisted by Franks.

Yes,

Curran on 3L
Davies on 2L 
Franks on 1L
Gardyne on 1C

42 points from the last 60 is pretty impressive!  Never thought of it like that.

I could be wrong, but I am sure I heard over the weekend that this is the first time we have had 3 league wins before Christmas in the top league, and we have managed it in the first month. What a difference this year.

No comparison to previous squads IMO, we are in a much better place on and off the field - the clip on BBC HIghlights shows the new dressing rooms etc, the place is fantastic, you couldn't help but feel special playing for a club that looks after players in that way.....we are finally starting to act like a top Scottish club!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(05-29-2015, 10:29 AM)Dstaggie1746 Wrote: For the sake of this argument I'd say Vigurs is a better, slower version of Woods.  As long as he puts the work in there could be a role for him there...  
His lack of pace may be an issue given the tempo we like to play at, but very few of our players are particularly quick really, Boyce, Curran, De Vita arent, and Woods wasnt.  However, pace is maybe more of a requirement in that almost 'box to box' midfield role that may be asked of Vigurs is he was brought into Woods old role?  
He'd also be tremendous competition for De Vita's place.

Am I correct we beat ICT on last game Vigurs played for them before signing for us.     !! Here we go again happy as can be ,,,

(08-30-2015, 10:04 PM)IDW16 Wrote: Two league goals.

Killie and Dundee United.

Both assisted by Franks.

Actually as handing out praise seems to be the call ,how about Tony Dingwalls game against Killie the lad was very very good sad no mention ,it seems if you are imported youse assumed to be more professional than locals, a manager can make or break a player,by ( 1) where he plays him, (?2) by instructions on  support  to player , again I've got to ask why always on left ,then fire long high balls, 
NEVER on right , I'm confident Tony Dingwall given a chance on right with games ,remember debut Motherwell on the right.imshall be at development game this week ,hope he and Russell,play well

Tony needs to get out on loan to Elgin, regain his sharpness, toughen up in a hard league, improve his fitness and strength! It's not about praise, it's up to each individual player how much they want it! A year loan to Elgin will give him a better chance of getting a first team start!

(08-31-2015, 06:56 PM)CulbokieCounty Wrote: Tony needs to get out on loan to Elgin, regain his sharpness, toughen up in a hard league, improve his fitness and strength! It's not about praise, it's up to each individual player how much they want it! A year loan to Elgin will give him a better chance of getting a first team start!

Why Elgin I don't see that happening come along to development game Tuesday against Caley thistle fir the craic, but but my opinion is Tony must move on to find his feet ,and he did okay very well against Kilmarnock

I agree that he would benefit from a loan spell , but not Elgin or Peterhead. A team challenging for the Championship would be of more use, as he could prove himself with and against players likely to be playing in the premiership next season.

(08-31-2015, 07:41 PM)gujeecof Wrote: I agree that he would benefit from a loan spell , but not Elgin or Peterhead. A team challenging for the Championship would be of more use, as he could prove himself with and against players likely to be playing in the premiership next season.

Or even Kilmarnock?

Tony's a better player than most of the others we've farmed out in recent years.  I'd agree he could indeed do a job in the Championship.

It might be that Tony could be a decent backup for Curran which would save us money on another striker - has pace and can score goals....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Rainbow 
(08-31-2015, 08:15 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: It might be that Tony could be a decent backup for Curran which would save us money on another striker - has pace and can score goals....

Have to agree. From where I'm sitting it seems we have sufficient forwards.

I'm aware of how over the years any forwards who didn't regularly get a game would not be at their best when they did play. Too many forwards seems to undermine the quality. If we stick with what we've got I think we'd get the most out of them. Graham, Curran and Boyce are the main strikeforce but Dingwall  seems pretty able when needed up front.

(But oh no: McIntyre never listens to me.)