Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Points goals & other stats
(12-27-2017, 06:53 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Exactly why Gardyne should be moved to the left side as he works his ass off tracking back when without the ball too.

I agree with that

A wee look at starting appearances, league only.  Substitute appearances in brackets.  I put a split in there to distinguish the top 11 starters.

Marcus FRASER - 22
Jason NAISMITH - 22
Michael GARDYNE - 19(1)
Andrew DAVIES - 19
Craig CURRAN - 16(5)
Jim O'BRIEN - 15(2)
Scott FOX - 15
Kenny VAN DER WEG - 14(3)
Jamie LINDSAY - 13(5)
Ross DRAPER - 13(3)
Chris ROUTIS - 13(2)
---
Davis KEILLOR-DUNN - 11(9)
Sean KELLY - 11(2)
Alex SCHALK - 8(7)
Tim CHOW - 8(2)
Aaron McCAREY - 7(1)
Chris EAGLES - 6(1)
Billy MCKAY - 4(7)
Ryan DOW - 3(8)
Thomas MIKKELSEN - 2(7)
Reghan TUMILTY - 1(1)

Some assorted thoughts to follow that:

* You could almost make a team out of the first 11 names, in the 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 that Coyle prefers to use.  Gardyne would be on one wing, with four central midfielders.  That's a useless piece of information but I think it highlights the lack of balance in the squad.  I'm bemused that there haven't been more wingers brought in yet.

* In terms of starts made, it's not surprising to see Tumilty and Mikkelsen out on loan.  Is the writing on the wall for any others?  Dow still has a season and a half on his contract, as does Mckay.

* The lack of integration of the development team is shameful, really, given how strong they were last season.  It's not even a big squad - before Eagles was signed there were 18 in the first team pool, plus Keillor-Dunn and Tumilty.  Tumilty and Malcolm have done well on loan, maybe they'll come back better with the ability to break into the team.  I appreciate that a team of the bottom of the league needs to prioritise experience over youth development, but even so I thought we could have seen more of last season's u20s.

(01-22-2018, 08:24 PM)john@THHP Wrote: A wee look at starting appearances, league only.  Substitute appearances in brackets.  I put a split in there to distinguish the top 11 starters.

Marcus FRASER - 22
Jason NAISMITH - 22
Michael GARDYNE - 19(1)
Andrew DAVIES - 19
Craig CURRAN - 16(5)
Jim O'BRIEN - 15(2)
Scott FOX - 15
Jamie LINDSAY - 13(5)
Ross DRAPER - 13(3)
Chris ROUTIS - 13(2)
---
Sean KELLY - 11(2)
Alex SCHALK - 8(7)
Tim CHOW - 8(2)
Aaron McCAREY - 7(1)
Chris EAGLES - 6(1)
Billy MCKAY - 4(7)
Ryan DOW - 3(8)
Thomas MIKKELSEN - 2(7)
Reghan TUMILTY - 1(1)

* You could almost make a team out of the first 11 names, in the 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 that Coyle prefers to use.  Gardyne would be on one wing, with four central midfielders.  That's a useless piece of information but I think it highlights the lack of balance in the squad.  I'm bemused that there haven't been more wingers brought in yet.

* In terms of starts made, it's not surprising to see Tumilty and Mikkelsen out on loan.  Is the writing on the wall for any others?  Dow still has a season and a half on his contract, as does Mckay.

* The lack of integration of the development team is shameful, really, given how strong they were last season.  It's not even a big squad - before Eagles was signed there were 18 in the first team pool, plus Keillor-Dunn and Tumilty.  Tumilty and Malcolm have done well on loan, maybe they'll come back better with the ability to break into the team.  I appreciate that a team of the bottom of the league needs to prioritise experience over youth development, but even so I thought we could have seen more of last season's u20s.
The arrival of both Coyle and Eagles not good for County ,

(01-22-2018, 08:24 PM)john@THHP Wrote: A wee look at starting appearances, league only.  Substitute appearances in brackets.  I put a split in there to distinguish the top 11 starters.

Marcus FRASER - 22
Jason NAISMITH - 22
Michael GARDYNE - 19(1)
Andrew DAVIES - 19
Craig CURRAN - 16(5)
Jim O'BRIEN - 15(2)
Scott FOX - 15
Jamie LINDSAY - 13(5)
Ross DRAPER - 13(3)
Chris ROUTIS - 13(2)
---
Sean KELLY - 11(2)
Alex SCHALK - 8(7)
Tim CHOW - 8(2)
Aaron McCAREY - 7(1)
Chris EAGLES - 6(1)
Billy MCKAY - 4(7)
Ryan DOW - 3(8)
Thomas MIKKELSEN - 2(7)
Reghan TUMILTY - 1(1)

I agree John, it’s disappointing that the lads playing under Ketts last term haven’t been integrated into the senior squad given six were given senior contracts?
Supporter Liaison Officer 

A fascinating article looking at Alex Schalk's numbers.

https://therangersreport.com/2018/03/06/...e-striker/

The first graph that is shown suggests how much County are underachieving as a whole. The stats also suggest that a better goalkeeper would have the team in a much better position at the moment.

The stat "Chris Eagles has been brilliant" is where I stopped reading.

(03-06-2018, 12:54 PM)john@THHP Wrote: A fascinating article looking at Alex Schalk's numbers.

The first graph that is shown suggests how much County are underachieving as a whole. The stats also suggest that a better goalkeeper would have the team in a much better position at the moment.

There's another w#*@er with no girlfriend, no kids and f all better to do in his life ;-)

Gee whiz was I bored!!!

(03-06-2018, 12:54 PM)john@THHP Wrote: A fascinating article looking at Alex Schalk's numbers.

This is fascinating. It shows how big data is taking over everything by analysing facts. Opinions such as Eagles is outstanding cannot be dismissed as it backs up the fact he has played at a much higher level. It also shows how good DKD is and how far he could develop

(01-22-2018, 10:16 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: I agree John, it’s disappointing that the lads playing under Ketts last term haven’t been integrated into the senior squad given six were given senior contracts?

I always get slagged for backing youth but if they had been integrated into first team squad and given play time ,we just might have been in a better place

Photo 

Backs up the feeling that the squad is underachieving relative to its potential. Not least Lexi Schalk who looks one of our key players in Operation Stay Up.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(03-07-2018, 08:48 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Backs up the feeling that the squad is underachieving relative to its potential. Not least Lexi Schalk who looks one of our key players in Operation Stay Up.

I've said it all season that certain players were underachieving - it's so obvious on the park....this needs sorted and fast!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(03-06-2018, 03:15 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: There's another w#*@er with no girlfriend, no kids and f all better to do in his life ;-)

Gee whiz was I bored!!!

I take it you were not to impressed with this fascinating data Jamie ,lol

(03-08-2018, 10:00 PM)tattiedave Wrote: I take it you were not to impressed with this fascinating data Jamie ,lol

Ha ha...........very intuitive Dave.