Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Richard Brittain Appreciation
With the news that Richard Brittain has been released, I think he deserves a thank you.

He's been a great captain for us during the most successful era in this club's history.

Scottish Cup final, winning Division 1 and establishing ourselves as an SPL club during Brittain's spell as captain.

One of our best ever players and we'll all miss him.

Scoring our first ever SPL goal, and his freekick against Celtic was sublime.

Good luck Richard in wherever you may end up (please don't go to St Johnstone now)

I know he hasn't hit the 10 year mark they normally go for but surely he should get a testimonial considering all he's done for the club?

Sad news indeed - was great seeing him come on the pitch on Saturday - wish captain courageous all the best for the future - great servant to our club, a true Staggie!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(05-20-2015, 05:57 PM)Deldad7 Wrote: I know he hasn't hit the 10 year mark they normally go for but surely he should get a testimonial considering all he's done for the club?

Great idea.

Brittain totally deserves one, I'd like to see this happen.

Me 3, he 100% deserves it, and a chance for home supporters to say goodbye.

I am not at all certain we would be a Premiership club today without RB. How about a testimonial with half the proceeds going to him and half to local charities ?

Really going to miss our Captain. It is a sad day.

Heart 
Richard made a massive impact on our history, helping propel us to our greatest achievements.

We are indebted to him for the effort, inspiration, professionalism and leadership he displayed through good times and bad.

Richard Brittain I salute you!
Soz Jim'n'Billy

Yes bringing RB on against Hamilton was a decent thing to do, as well as probably tactically savvy.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

Gutted, I don't know what to say tbh.

Awwww......was hoping to see him return next season for some more of his awesome free kick goals. A true RCFC legend, best wishes to RB for the future.

Not happy at this news...not happy at all...
It wasn't just how he played, but what he brought to the squad and the club as a leader. The response he got on saturday said it all. We need people like him, the heart of the club, I'm gutted....
All the best Richie,

Great servant and captain hope he is back one day in some capacity
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

I don't know what to say, didn't expect that at all. I know he's had his injury problems this year, but I think he deserved another year

(05-20-2015, 07:14 PM)cdam Wrote: Not happy at this news...not happy at all...
It wasn't just how he played, but what he brought to the squad and the club as a leader. The response he got on saturday said it all. We need people like him, the heart of the club, I'm gutted....
All the best Richie,

^^^Exactly this

A mistake by McIntyre in my book. He has had his op and his foot is now sorted as well as the injury which put him out of action earlier in season. Last season he played the whole year injured and on Saturday was the first glimpse of an injury free RB and you could see the difference in his movement and freshness he had. I would have given him another year with the view that he will be coming back to pre season injury free and it would be like having a new player. I just got the feeling as the season went on the McIntyre saw RB as an Adams player and to make a point that he was changing it (and wrongly in my opinion) bombed Richie but had to take him back in when there was issues with full back cover. Again he played that position injured and did not disgrace himself! Even injured he was an improvement of Toshney! I appreciate that at a club like County with playing squads and budgets been tight that to bring players in others will have to go out but for me only do that if what you are bringing in is better than what is going out and I don't honestly think there are many better than a fit and injury free RB and if McIntyre had kept the faith in him he would have had a chance to see what the Skipper could have done! A sad day for the Club but County's loss will be another clubs gain!

Like everyone else, really struggling with this decision. The feeling is like the pre contract with St J all over again but don't think this one will end as well.

Yep gutted.

Without doubt our best ever captain, and quite possibly our best ever player.

(05-20-2015, 08:33 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Without doubt our best ever captain, and quite possibly our best ever player.
I've been watching County for about 45 years and I would agree with this.

I just feel as though the heart has been ripped out of the club.