Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Votes - 2.73 Average
Speculation thread
(01-29-2021, 12:02 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: We haven't been offered 500k, that is what Hughes said would be acceptable. We will accept anything north of 125k
Sunderland offered £120k which was rejected. I take it that is the interest gone now as poles apart on value.

sound like Aberdoom are back in running now they have £2M for Cosgrove. If he is worth that then Stewart is worth the £500k we asking. Play hardball as weve been too soft before

(01-29-2021, 10:52 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: Sunderland offered £120k which was rejected. I take it that is the interest gone now as poles apart on value.

sound like Aberdoom are back in running now they have £2M for Cosgrove. If he is worth that then Stewart is worth the £500k we asking. Play hardball as weve been too soft before

Never mind the hardball.
No more soft selling.
Lets just be honest, if Cosgrove is rated at £2m, then so is Stewart.
There is no difference in their ability.
Only difference is Cosgrove goes down easier.

Agreed about talent but think that Stewart is out of Contract this summer and Cosgrove still had 18 months to go. That is the difference.

Maybe Stewart should sign up again with a clause that we wont stand in his way. Win for player and also for us.

Look at Nisbet at Hibs. If Stewart get goals it 2M and if not then the value plummets by the week.

Looks like that's Stewart on his way to Sunderland, travelling down south for a medical and to agree personal terms going by what press are saying

(01-30-2021, 12:53 AM)MOGO Wrote: Never mind the hardball.
No more soft selling.
Lets just be honest, if Cosgrove is rated at £2m, then so is Stewart.
There is no difference in their ability.
Only difference is Cosgrove goes down easier.

Cosgrove has a far more impressive goal scoring record in this league than Stewart. 

Cosgrove still has 18 months on his contract. 

They are just two reasons as to why Stewart is not valued anywhere close to Cosgrove.

(01-30-2021, 03:31 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Cosgrove has a far more impressive goal scoring record in this league than Stewart. 

Cosgrove still has 18 months on his contract. 

They are just two reasons as to why Stewart is not valued anywhere close to Cosgrove.

I agree, a third would be his performances this season, he has been below average and the team have actually performed better without him. Maybe the pressure got to him this season. Shaw has showed more this season than Stewart has. 

The club should accept anything north of 120k, get something for him is better than nothing at the end of the season.

As he would be free to go anywhere at the end of the season due to freedom of contract, I think anything around £150k is what we can hope for. Unfortunately, for the same reasons, we probably won't be able to get sell on clause included. Maybe a further payment based on appearance's or goals scored??? We can only hope I suppose.
It was pretty obvious county were keen to sell given we signed White from Motherwell.
After speaking to some caley fans about him, their opinion of him was that he's a decent player but takes time to settle. Not really got time for that though have we!

Just reading it's £300k plus add one. If this is true, well done whoever is behind this.........Ross Stewart is an excellent prospect with a tremendous attitude, future Scotland player, really hope he does well down there and I'm sure he will. Class.

I notice Ross Stewart has started following Sunderland on Instagram so I guess that all but confirms his transfer, just need to wait for the official announcement now.
He might not have been as prolific this season but I'm not convinced it's entirely his fault, constantly being played out of position didn't help his case. A real grafter I always thought and sorry to see him go. Hope his move works out.

(01-31-2021, 02:45 PM)weeyin86 Wrote: He might not have been as prolific this season but I'm not convinced it's entirely his fault, constantly being played out of position didn't help his case.  A real grafter I always thought and sorry to see him go.  Hope his move works out.

Totally agree - he tried to carry the whole team and was everywhere on the park, ultimately that proved to adversely affect his primary task of leading the line and scoring the goals.

Good luck Ross hope it goes well,  as you deserve it.

All the best to Stewart , a player with quality that always gave 100% , from our point of view it’s great to get some money for someone who’s a free agent in a few months

All the best to him, never complained, never shirked.

Stewart's departure confirmed - https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2021...sunderland

Wish him well he’s been excellent for us, we are now heavily reliant on white to get off to a flyer

Good bit of business for a change.

Ross was an excellent worker for us, hope shaw and white can kick on now

My rangers supporting work colleague has been telling me we've made enquiries about getting Greg stewart on loan until end of season, anyone in the know about this?

(02-01-2021, 04:34 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: My rangers supporting work colleague has been telling me we've made enquiries about getting Greg stewart on loan until end of season, anyone in the know about this?

now that would be a welcome signing we were linked with him last summer too

Wish Ross well, he gave his best every time he pulled on the jersey.
Can't say that I am enthused about signing White at all but hope to be proven wrong as he bulges opposition nets.