Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 35 Votes - 2.83 Average
Speculation thread
(05-16-2020, 08:48 PM)tattiedave Wrote: County apparently are interested in former England under 18 international midfielder Jordan Ngola  of National League South team,Weymouth FC, according to Robert Martin in The Sun today. If true, I think we can forget about players been mentioned above.

cant find the article but done some digging and south end Utd are wanting him too apparently

Who all do we have out of contract this summer, who should we offer new deals to? 

Ricky Foster, Marcus Fraser, Tom Grivosti, Callum Morris, Keith Watson, Sean Kelly, Don Cowie, Iain Vigurs, Harry Paton, Lewis Spence, Declan McManus

Have I missed anyone? Grivosti has already been signed up on a two year deal I think.

Of the above, I'd offer contracts to Foster, Morris, Watson, Kelly, Vigurs, Paton and Spence.

I'm on the fence about Fraser.

Cowie and McManus would only get ones as occasional rotational players, though I would assume McManus is basically gone.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

(05-20-2020, 11:59 AM)Despot Wrote: Of the above, I'd offer contracts to Foster, Morris, Watson, Kelly, Vigurs, Paton and Spence.

I'm on the fence about Foster.

Cowie and McManus would only get ones as occasional rotational players, though I would assume McManus is basically gone.

That's two Foster's, I assume one is meant to be Fraser.

Personally, i think we can do better at right back than Fraser, i don't think we've ever replaced Jason Naismith.

I like Foster, i think he's a good professional and can deliver a good cross and if his wages aren't too much I'd certainly like to have him about for another season.

Chalmers if he's not away already I'd imagine will be off.

(05-20-2020, 02:26 PM)frankthetank Wrote: That's two Foster's, I assume one is meant to be Fraser.

Personally, i think we can do better at right back than Fraser, i don't think we've ever replaced Jason Naismith.

I like Foster, i think he's a good professional and can deliver a good cross and if his wages aren't too much I'd certainly like to have him about for another season.

Chalmers if he's not away already I'd imagine will be off.

That's what I meant. Fraser's never been the same since that experiment at centre half. I'd be looking at our options when we can there. Foster also has the bonus of being able to play on either flank comfortably.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

I’d probably keep them all , wouldn’t be bothered if spence, kelly or McManus leave though

I see in today's papers that Rangers have agreed a deal for the 16 year old lad Graham from Lewis.  Pity we won't see him play for us.  Unless he comes back on loan.  By the talk he has potential.   Hope we have good sell on clauses in there.
Only glimmer is he has not agreed personal terms.

County after Aaron McGowan from Accies, he's a RB.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot...y-22178460

(06-12-2020, 08:17 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: County after Aaron McGowan from Accies, he's a RB.

I'd heard rumours that he was in talks with Killie. From what I've seen (not a lot) he has looked like a good player but as it's a story about Ross County in the DR then there's a very good chance that it's made-up, or agent talk to try and raise his wages.

Hopefully we sign him though.

jamiepscot Wrote:County after Aaron McGowan from Accies, he's a RB.

Have seen him a couple of times and been really impressed. Took in Accies' final game of last season v St.Johnstone and he was my motm - a bit cavalier at times going forward but really committed and a good footballer - would be a great signing, imo..

There are English teams sniffing around him as well, think they'll be cutting cloth more accordingly now and Championship clubs (or at least some) will be dropping the calibre of players they sign.

McGowan l wouldn't need to relocate if he went to Killie so I can't see us being able to get him.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

BBC Sport today - The Ibrox club are also set to sign Ross County starlet James Graham. (Sun)
What's in this deal for the club? Will we get him back on a loan in the future? Be good to see that.
well done to the club for finding this talent and promoting his future.

(06-12-2020, 08:17 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: County after Aaron McGowan from Accies, he's a RB.

He has signed for Killie, onto the next target. 

I wonder if Ricky and Sean are busy?

I feel getting players might be harder than ever for us with the current situation- very few are going to want to move during the financial situation that could be coming.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

(06-17-2020, 08:36 AM)Despot Wrote: I feel getting players might be harder than ever for us with the current situation- very few are going to want to move during the financial situation that could be coming.

Totally disagree more players than ever available and the possibility of moving to a less densely populated area.
Hibs & Aberdeen cutting their cloth to fit might be a chance will some quality signings of making top 6.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

Kettlewell using some connections, below is a cut and paste from the Ulster Herald. 
DERGVIEW attacker Emmett McNabb is to go on trial at a leading Scottish Premier League club.

McNabb, one of the most gifted players to emerge from the Fermanagh and Western League is recent years, is flying into Edinburgh on Saturday for a trial at Ross County.

The 21-year-old Dromore man, a former Northern Ireland underage player, joined Dergview from his hometown club of Tummery Athletic back in January and in matter of months has made his mark in the Bluefin Sport Championship.

Derg boss Ivan Sproule said the trial was just reward for some outstanding performances by his recent signing.

“I have plans for him for next season, however, following a conversation with my agent who represented me as a player he has been given an opportunity,” he said.

Sproule, who played professionally for 10 years, said the opportunity for McNabb to go and test himself alongside professional players reflects well on the local game and clubs like Dergview and Tummery Athletic.

“It shows what is possible. I rate the Fermanagh and Western League highly,” he said

https://ulsterherald.com/2020/06/24/dergview-star-to-go-on-trial-at-spl-club/

(06-27-2020, 02:54 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Kettlewell using some connections, below is a cut and paste from the Ulster Herald. 
DERGVIEW attacker Emmett McNabb is to go on trial at a leading Scottish Premier League club.

McNabb, one of the most gifted players to emerge from the Fermanagh and Western League is recent years, is flying into Edinburgh on Saturday for a trial at Ross County.

The 21-year-old Dromore man, a former Northern Ireland underage player, joined Dergview from his hometown club of Tummery Athletic back in January and in matter of months has made his mark in the Bluefin Sport Championship.

Derg boss Ivan Sproule said the trial was just reward for some outstanding performances by his recent signing.

“I have plans for him for next season, however, following a conversation with my agent who represented me as a player he has been given an opportunity,” he said.

Sproule, who played professionally for 10 years, said the opportunity for McNabb to go and test himself alongside professional players reflects well on the local game and clubs like Dergview and Tummery Athletic.

“It shows what is possible. I rate the Fermanagh and Western League highly,” he said

https://ulsterherald.com/2020/06/24/dergview-star-to-go-on-trial-at-spl-club/
Are these teams from the Lord of the Rings league? Is this a sign of the times?

Rumour that Ross Doohan is coming to us on loan.(Celtic keeper, on loan at Ayr last season)

(07-02-2020, 08:09 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Rumour that Ross Doohan is coming to us on loan.(Celtic keeper, on loan at Ayr last season)
Saw that Davie. Deal been agreed, Celtic need to get Forster or Marshall signed up 1st to allow it to happen.

Ross Doohan played as a trialist for us today, against his parent club Celtic.