Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 32 Votes - 2.97 Average
Speculation thread
(07-31-2019, 01:47 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Declan is gone. I doubt we will see him playing for County again.

I’m sure he was in one of the boxes in the Main Stand on Saturday, munching on a pie in a County polo. Most effective I’ve ever seen him in the box.

(08-01-2019, 03:29 PM)Iker Wrote: I’m sure he was in one of the boxes in the Main Stand on Saturday, munching on a pie in a County polo. Most effective I’ve ever seen him in the box.

I thought I saw him on Saturday as well, coming out from a motor into the ground.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Wink 
Do we have enough cover in the central defensive area? Given the fact that Morris, Watson & Fontaine are all prone to spending more time on the treatment table than they do on the park.
then there is the fitness/ pace issue? can they hack the premier pace?
Yes Fraser is from a decent background but he can't play everywhere albeit Kelly coming back to fitness is pleasing, elsewhere there seems to be enough cover for the main players, mid and upfront looks quite solid. New signings look quite positive.
Anyways , here we go again in the top flight , our neighbours looking on jealously , all we can do is give it everything, including the fans, we really need to generate more atmosphere, our stadium is one of the quietest morgues in the country.
Come on the Staggies, bye bye caley , enjoy your trips to DundeeX 4 and to Alloa, and greenock, and Fife and well you do get a day out in Glesga, but that trip to Dumfries , twice :-D

What’s happened to KVDW ?

(08-06-2019, 10:55 AM)Highlandblade Wrote: What’s happened to KVDW ?

He played vs Carlisle but I have no clue other than that

(08-06-2019, 10:55 AM)Highlandblade Wrote: What’s happened to KVDW ?

What's happened to Keillor-Dunn?

(08-06-2019, 12:51 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: What's happened to Keillor-Dunn?

He has been doing well with the reserves, and is in the team tonight at Fraserburgh in the Challenge cup.

(08-06-2019, 07:00 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: He has been doing well with the reserves, and is in the team tonight at Fraserburgh in the Challenge cup.

Scored the winner so giving the managers a wee headache noo

Good to hear young DKD is getting his head down and putting in some good performances

(08-06-2019, 12:51 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: What's happened to Keillor-Dunn?

In today's P and J.

Ross County winger Davis Keillor-Dunn will be allowed to find a new club after growing frustrated at a lack of starting opportunities.

Following a promising start to his Staggies career, in which he netted six goals in 46 appearances after moving from Chesterfield in 2016, Keillor-Dunn has increasingly found himself on the periphery of the Staggies’ first team.

The Englishman has not featured since a 2-1 Championship victory over Dunfermline on November 24 last year, and spent the latter half of the campaign on loan at Falkirk.

Although Keillor-Dunn netted in a 3-2 win for the County’s reserves against Fraserburgh in the Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup on Tuesday, Staggies co-manager Stuart Kettlewell says the 21-year-old is likely to move on, with the consistency of his fellow wingers Michael Gardyne and Josh Mullin leaving him down the pecking order.

Kettlewell said: “Davis has his heart set on playing from the start every single week. He’s a guy who wants to play and probably feels he should play 90 minutes every week.

“We don’t feel we can guarantee that at this stage.

“He obviously managed to get another 90 minutes through the week. We will see how that situation develops, but we’re mindful there is a player there who really thinks he should be playing every week.

“If you look at the quality we’ve had in the wide areas from Michael Gardyne and Josh Mullin, their record speaks for itself. That guarantee is not there.

“It is one of those situations where we may have to look and see if there are other opportunities elsewhere.

“A lot of that is to do with the player as well. Yes, he would love an opportunity to start every game here. We can’t guarantee him that.

“It’s pretty simple, so we’ll potentially have to look and see what else is out there and try to fulfill what he feels his needs are.”

County are looking to build on an excellent start to the Premiership campaign when they face Hearts at Tynecastle tomorrow, fresh from their opening day 3-0 triumph over Hamilton Accies.

Kettlewell feels the Staggies’ fierce competition for places is highlighted by the players who were not picked from the start, and he added: “We had a massive decision to make for Saturday – as hard as it could possibly be.

“It is very difficult to give a reason why we’re leaving players out. Sometimes you’re looking for something that’s gone wrong at some stage in pre-season, but we genuinely couldn’t find anything to fault in them because the standards have been so high from all of these guys.

“Keith Watson and Tom Grivosti missed out on the starting 11 against Hamilton and Liam Fontaine and Callum Morris got the call.

“We came away at the end of the game with a clean sheet and 3-0 win. Potentially, the other two centre-backs could have slotted in there and been as strong.

“The competition in that area is incredible. You’d hang your hat on them all.”

Fair enough comments there. He hasn't shown enough to warrant a start ahead of Midge or Mullin. TBH.........he's behind Armstrong and Power too IMO!

He probably does need to play more but it's the gaffers' responsibility to pick the squad most likely to win us games. DKD's goals in Reserves games should help his case for a move if he can't force himself into the first team here.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Vague rumours we are after josh mcpake of Rangers , would be a great signing imo

(08-13-2019, 11:52 AM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Vague rumours we are after josh mcpake of Rangers , would be a great signing imo

Fergie quoted as saying we are not likely to take in any further players before the window closes, McPake would be a great addition, but I think he'll stay central and will probably end up at either Dundee or St Johnstone who are also interested in him, he'd probably walk straight into their starting squads - not sure he'd walk straight into ours if we are letting DKD go if he finds a club due to him not being guaranteed first team football due to those in front of him like Midge, Josh and Power....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(08-13-2019, 01:17 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Fergie quoted as saying we are not likely to take in any further players before the window closes, McPake would be a great addition, but I think he'll stay central and will probably end up at either Dundee or St Johnstone who are also interested in him, he'd probably walk straight into their starting squads - not sure he'd walk straight into ours if we are letting DKD go if he finds a club due to him not being guaranteed first team football due to those in front of him like Midge, Josh and Power....

Agreed , we are in very good shape imo

Isn't McPake primarily a right winger? I don't see the value in taking him on, unless Power is out for longer than expected as back up to Mullin.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(08-13-2019, 01:43 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Agreed , we are in very good shape imo

Absolutely and looking at the opening games - I don't see us having much to fear in this league - just get stuck into them all and approach it game at a time and see where we are come January.....keep our expectations in line and just chip away - apart from the big two, I'm not seeing anyone we can't beat!

GET INTO THEM - MON THE STAGGIES!
Supporter Liaison Officer