Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 30 Votes - 3.07 Average
Speculation thread
Tansey is absolutely knackered. Those injuries have really caught up with him. Avoid.

Davies has been a great servant to the club and probably lowered his repute last year by putting himself on the line when he should have rested. He owes us nothing and when he leaves it should be with our thanks and best wishes.

The same applies to Shalke he has worked his socks off for us. Thanks & good luck.

Naismith is 23, let’s be honest how many of us, at his age & in his position would stay in the championship when there is the opportunity to move to a big club in Scotland or a dormant giant like Sunderland. He was our best player last season and like our best players from the previous two seasons he is destined for bigger things. We should wish him all the best.

I think we are almost there with what we have at the moment - another couple of defenders ( I would love to see Harry Souttar come back for the season) and a strong striker. K&S will doubtless have the style of guys they want lined up.

Roll on the start of the season.

(06-12-2018, 08:13 PM)Brick in the wall Wrote: I think we are almost there with what we have at the moment - another couple of defenders ( I would love to see Harry Souttar come back for the season) and a strong striker. K&S will doubtless have the style of guys they want lined up.

Agree we need another striker, (to replace Schalk), but with regard to our defence, I would say as a minimum that we still need 2 full-backs, (to replace Naismith & VDW/Melbourne), a centre-back, (to replace Davies), and another goalkeeper, (to replace McCarey). Anything less and we would soon be exposed..

Going in with that squad would almost result in a second relegation, or perhaps mid table. Probably four or five players short, particularly left back, centre back and up front.

(06-12-2018, 09:03 PM)Fozzie Wrote: Agree we need another striker, (to replace Schalk), but with regard to our defence, I would say as a minimum that we still need 2 full-backs, (to replace Naismith & VDW/Melbourne), a centre-back, (to replace Davies), and another goalkeeper, (to replace McCarey). Anything less and we would soon be exposed..

Naismith and Davies are big misses certainly. We have Fraser,Fontaine and Kelly ( we still have to see the best of him) but yes you are right we do absolutely need a good central defender certainly and at least one more full back.
I forgot about goal keeper cover, let’s hope Scott has a steadier season this year and gets back to his best. I understand there is a young lad (Munro ? ) But not aware of his experience.

Will we be able to carry as large a squad as last year - I doubt it - so there will have to be players capable of covering in more than one area. Full back is one of those areas dependent on what formation is favoured.

(06-12-2018, 09:16 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Going in with that squad would almost result in a second relegation, or perhaps mid table. Probably four or five players short, particularly left back, centre back and up front.

Away and don't talk [censored]. Going by the players we've signed I imagine we'll be playing 5 in midfield most weeks. We have 2 very capable championship level strikers in Mckay and McManus. We need a LB and CB but if we went in with the current squad we'd still be challenging at the top. We've premiership level players in this squad

(06-12-2018, 10:27 PM)MarkPockets Wrote: Away and don't talk [censored]. Going by the players we've signed I imagine we'll be playing 5 in midfield most weeks. We have 2 very capable championship level strikers in Mckay and McManus. We need a LB and CB but if we went in with the current squad we'd still be challenging at the top. We've premiership level players in this squad

Yeah, we also have two defenders in the whole squad, so I think it's fair to say we'd finish bottom with this squad.

Clearly, however, we'll sign at least 2 more defenders and will then have a squad (more than) capable of challenging.

Calm the jets people - there will be plenty business before the season starts ;O)
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Let's get back to some a-speculatin'

Who else do you think we might bring in ?

(And then decry as not being good enough, obvs)
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(06-12-2018, 09:58 PM)Brick in the wall Wrote: Naismith and Davies are big misses certainly. We have Fraser,Fontaine and Kelly ( we still have to see the best of him) but yes you are right we do absolutely need a good central defender certainly and at least one more full back.
I forgot about goal keeper cover, let’s hope Scott has a steadier season this year and gets back to his best. I understand there is a young lad (Munro ? ) But not aware of his experience.

Will we be able to carry as large a squad as last year - I doubt it - so there will have to be players capable of covering in more than one area. Full back is one of those areas dependent on what formation is favoured.

Nevervrated Davies because he was good in the air he got raved about ,but time he took getting down and organised opposition had him bamboozeld with speed ,he was too slow and was cause of few goals against
Naismith very very good player ,I’m hearing Peterbourogh have nabbed him

(06-13-2018, 10:03 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Calm the jets people - there will be plenty business before the season starts ;O)

Agreed 4 more signings remember where you heard it first good players

Wasn't fussed about Davies tbh.

Can we get big Evangelos back please?

(06-12-2018, 02:08 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Tansey is absolutely knackered. Those injuries have really caught up with him. Avoid.

Who did Avoid play for so you prefer him to tansey I’d body swerve both

(06-13-2018, 03:29 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Who did Avoid play for so you prefer him to tansey I’d body swerve both

^ ^ ^ ^
not sure if kidding
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Aberdeen have released a young full back, Daniel Harvie, a Scotland under 21 international, might be worth a deek?

(06-13-2018, 09:13 PM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: Aberdeen have released a young full back, Daniel Harvie, a Scotland under 21 international, might be worth a deek?

Could be worth a shout.

Hearing Gary Miller might be back as well

(06-13-2018, 10:31 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Could be worth a shout.

Hearing Gary Miller might be back as well

Signing for Morton, who seem to be doing good work.

(06-13-2018, 10:49 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Signing for Morton, who seem to be doing good work.

I heard he was an option about 10days ago and then heard earlier that he has turned down Morton.

Are we talking about Gary Miller or the Aberdeen lad, here?
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

(06-14-2018, 12:09 AM)central staggie Wrote: Are we talking about Gary Miller or the Aberdeen lad, here?

Miller

And I notice in one of todays papers that Irvine is being linked with a return. Given it was GARY Irvine but every cloud eh

BBC gossip saying we are after Gary Irvine. He must be pushing 60 now?