Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 31 Votes - 3 Average
Speculation thread
(05-16-2018, 06:26 PM)central staggie Wrote: ^^ Spot On ^^

Coyle neede uncoyled done

(05-16-2018, 03:48 PM)ELincognito Wrote: Aye that's if they stay!!

Let Ketts and Fergie judge who they send out and bring in ,a big change is needed we are starting again on a journey

(05-16-2018, 04:20 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I'd be quite happy if loads more of them left, let's be fair none of them have set the heather alight recently and I'm sure they're on a decent wage.

Free up the cash and let Fergie&Kets get some young fresh blood into the squad.

That's is my thinking also - a lot of the players bar a few have just failed to meet the required standard on the park no matter who was in charge!

Fact is, Kett's and Fergie need time to build a squad that is first and foremost hard to beat - watching Livi play Utd in the play-off really reminded me of the Ross County team that came up from the Championship, all fighting for each other and didn't know when they were beat....that's what I want!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(05-16-2018, 04:45 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: As we all know the management setup was not right, but the players have to be more answerable than they have been I think. They can't blame Coyle for everything as it was a good squad that was underperforming as a team and individually.

It wasn't a good enough squad for the SPL to be in anything other than a relegation battle. As much as I wasn't clamouring to get McIntyre out the door his recruitment was very poor. We started the season with one increasingly immobile out and out central defender, with others filling in.

The players are about as answerable as they can be with some renegotiating and some off. It's not like any of the one's likely to be off have raised their profile this season. Schalk maybe, but that'll be it.

In my opinion we were one player off being safe last season and that was a replacement for Boyce.

I’m sure the rest of the team will look after itself, already the midfield looks pretty reasonable and defence will I’m sure sort itself out - hoping Fontaine Fraser Davies ? and Kelly all stay and a new face or two.

Naismith is probably a cert to move so maybe Aberdeen would swop him for Rooney ? Or maybe not.

Whatever happens we must, must, must sign a goal scorer. Easy to say but the most difficult task Our management team will have.

Having shaken off the relegation hangover there is now the anticipation of an exciting season.

Can’t wait !

(05-17-2018, 09:50 AM)Brick in the wall Wrote: In my opinion we were one player off being safe last season and that was a replacement for Boyce.

I’m sure the rest of the team will look after itself, already the midfield looks pretty reasonable and defence will I’m sure sort itself out - hoping Fontaine Fraser Davies ? and Kelly all stay and a new face or two.

Naismith is probably a cert to move so maybe Aberdeen would swop him for Rooney ? Or maybe not.

Whatever happens we must, must, must sign a goal scorer. Easy to say but the most difficult task Our management team will have.

Having shaken off the relegation hangover there is now the anticipation of an exciting season.

Can’t wait !

Absolutely agree - taking Liam's goals out of the team killed us and we didn't really replace the goals that kept us in the top league the last two seasons - Liam's goals and his movement the fact he could hold the ball up was sorely missed this season....the rest of the team as you say would have been under less pressure to score and could have concentrated on keeping things tight...

However, for me there were far too many basic mistakes and that needed to be coached out early on and it wasn't - we kept making the same mistakes until Kett's and Fergie took charge - we then seemed to keep things simple and each player knew their role - the other thing that was changed when they took over was that players were played in their correct positions or as close to that as could be, that makes a massive difference to a player!

Definitely need a goalscorer - not easy to find as everyone wants them, but we'll hopefully still have Mackay and I'd fancy him to bang the goals in at that level....but we could do with someone with a bit more phyical up front, someone who can put themselves about a bit!

I think that is true in theory but the problem being that replacements of the quality of Boyce are difficult on our budget. I think we had reasonable strikers our problem was the balance in midfield. We need a little bit of creativity in there. We have relied on Gardyne for some time but I did think Woods helped on the creative side, losing him and with Gardyne becoming less of a game changer meant we were less effective in an attacking sense and easier to pick off. Even teams in the lower half have someone who can spark a game and I think we need to find someone in midfield that can offer a little more in attack. Curran, McKay and Schalk should have been capable collectively of getting 40-50 goals if we had a better attack and in the round the three of them with a more attaching threat from midfield might have covered better for the loss of Boyce.

(05-17-2018, 09:50 AM)Brick in the wall Wrote: In my opinion we were one player off being safe last season and that was a replacement for Boyce.

Can’t wait !

(05-17-2018, 10:12 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Absolutely agree - taking Liam's goals out of the team killed us and we didn't really replace the goals that kept us in the top league the last two seasons - Liam's goals and his movement the fact he could hold the ball up was sorely missed this season....the rest of the team as you say would have been under less pressure to score and could have concentrated on keeping things tight...

However, for me there were far too many basic mistakes and that needed to be coached out early on and it wasn't - we kept making the same mistakes until Kett's and Fergie took charge - we then seemed to keep things simple and each player knew their role - the other thing that was changed when they took over was that players were played in their correct positions or as close to that as could be, that makes a massive difference to a player!

Definitely need a goalscorer - not easy to find as everyone wants them, but we'll hopefully still have Mackay and I'd fancy him to bang the goals in at that level....but we could do with someone with a bit more phyical up front, someone who can put themselves about a bit!

Boyce goals definitely missed ,but bigger picture showed us Bad management decisions Never brought in a decent replacement for Boyce and team selections were Crazy at times , I agreed keep Fontaine naisy Fraser Keller Dun Kelly bin the rest they proved niot good enough when going Got tough ,and it is going to be tough, raid best players in championship to get us up, I see Roy giving Ketts and Fergie cash to spend ,!, here we go ! Here we go ! Plus our youngsters Wil get game time too ,start of a He journey

(05-17-2018, 12:14 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Boyce goals definitely missed ,but bigger picture showed us Bad management decisions Never brought in a decent replacement for Boyce and team selections were Crazy at times , I agreed keep Fontaine naisy Fraser Keller Dun Kelly bin the rest they proved niot good enough when going Got tough ,and it is going to be tough, raid best players in championship to get us up, I see Roy giving Ketts and Fergie cash to spend ,!, here we go ! Here we go ! Plus our youngsters Wil get game time too ,start of a He journey

We have two guys at the club now that will work all the hours they can to make Ross County stronger, they will not be the kind of guys making big demands of the club like fancy cars etc - they both live local and love the jobs they have!

That's good enough for me - just wish they had been appointed earlier - but hindsight is a great thing in business, you have to make the decisions you feel are right at the time - and there is no point in looking back

Dust ourselves down, get up and ready for the fight ahead - it'll be exciting next season - the rebuild has started, let's get this done!

Even more than Boyce, rvine was a massive loss. We've never had anyone since even half as effective as him.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(05-17-2018, 01:38 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: We have two guys at the club now that will work all the hours they can to make Ross County stronger, they will not be the kind of guys making big demands of the club like fancy cars etc - they both live local and love the jobs they have!

That's good enough for me - just wish they had been appointed earlier - but hindsight is a great thing in business, you have to make the decisions you feel are right at the time - and there is no point in looking back

Dust ourselves down, get up and ready for the fight ahead - it'll be exciting next season - the rebuild has started, let's get this done!

Two really nice guys , will be with me tomorrow at Primary school Seaforth Highlanders Association Presenting Ross County strips to Primary in loos
And Dingwall Primary twinning both schools ,
Yes two great guys giving time to community

(05-17-2018, 09:39 PM)Despot Wrote: Even more than Boyce, rvine was a massive loss. We've never had anyone since even half as effective as him.

I agree that Irvine was one of the best players ever to have played for us and he was a huge loss, (still is) but in fairness Boyce dug us out and carried the mantle for the whole of last season.

I also agree with previous comments about the midfield being lacking and not providing for our forwards, but 3 separate management teams failed to get that balance right so it was obviously the personnel that didn’t have the quality in midfield. Last year Boyce compensated in ways that no one has come close to this season.

K&F will be very aware of this and are already on the way with the Vigurs signing. I just feel we are too small up front and need a strong physical presence up there to hold and layoff and score himself. Finding the right guy(s) is critical to next seasons success. We all wish them well.

Fraser Fyvie has signed a new contract with Dundee United.

(05-17-2018, 10:32 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Two really nice guys , will be with me tomorrow at Primary school Seaforth Highlanders Association Presenting Ross County strips to Primary in loos
And Dingwall Primary twinning both schools ,
Yes two great guys giving time to community

I'm a tad worried about the 3 of you hanging about the "loos" speaking to school children if I'm honest!!

(05-19-2018, 08:21 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I'm a tad worried about the 3 of you hanging about the "loos" speaking to school children if I'm honest!!

You’re just jealous he hasn’t asked you to be in his gang

(05-19-2018, 08:21 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I'm a tad worried about the 3 of you hanging about the "loos" speaking to school children if I'm honest!!

Ha ha Jamie I’ve put photo on Facebook Actually I had two signed County jerseys with Poppy’s Donated to me by County , all about WW1 Seaforth Highlanders fought in loos France ,we sent drawings Of Cambria cross the one at the railway station ,itvwas brought back from France ,and the badge on county shirts is from Seaforth Highlanders

So we presented shirts to Primary school Dingwall and Primary school in loos France , twinning Primary schools and giving Ross county same as us to have connection , sorry nothing to do with kicking a fitba but that it see next weeks Ross shire
County and Seaforth Highlanders go back a long way ex players supporters went of to war County badge bestowed on them by Seaforth Highlanders
Sorry for Bla bla

(05-19-2018, 08:55 PM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: You’re just jealous he hasn’t asked you to be in his gang

I think the term is 'ring'?????

Aye Buff just having a laugh. Very proud of the badge and respect what it stands for.

We just need 11 players who know what it means to wear the cabarfeidh on their heart!!

(05-19-2018, 09:31 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: ... I had two signed County jerseys with Poppy’s...

Are they from the strip that we "forgot" to ware on Remembrance Sunday against celtic a few years ago?

(05-20-2018, 10:14 AM)frankthetank Wrote: Are they from the strip that we "forgot" to ware on Remembrance Sunday against celtic a few years ago?

Below the belt comment,no last rememberence shirts

No source other than gossip from a Dundee United fan I know, but apparently Schalk has been linked/in negotiations with one of the Eredivisie clubs back in Holland. I'm sure he said Groningen but may be remembering that wrong.

Could be codswallop but he seemed pretty sure. Don't know where he saw it, but nonetheless I didn't expect Alex to stick around next season in any case as much as I'd like him to.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

(05-20-2018, 06:49 PM)central staggie Wrote: No source other than gossip from a Dundee United fan I know, but apparently Schalk has been linked/in negotiations with one of the Eredivisie clubs back in Holland. I'm sure he said Groningen but may be remembering that wrong.

Could be codswallop but he seemed pretty sure. Don't know where he saw it, but nonetheless I didn't expect Alex to stick around next season in any case as much as I'd like him to.

Pretty sure I saw something similar on the BBC’s ‘Scottish Gossip’ page a couple of days ago, can’t remene the club involved, definitely mentioned the Eredivisie though. Would rather he went there than stayed in Scotland to be honest.