Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 26 Votes - 3.23 Average
Speculation thread
Thought we should create a thread to keep all the usual rumours in no matter how ridiculous they are. Everyone hears things where as a few of us have "sources".

I might as well start. I'm not suggesting any of these are true.

Dunfermline fans seem to think they're after Scott Boyd as their manager was at our game on Monday. How many of our centre-backs do they need?

St.Mirren manager Danny Lennon said at their AGM recently they are looking to sign one of our players but never mentioned any names. That one's a bit vague!

Silly season has begun! Tongue

Again, all pub-talk and I'm sure they're all ridiculous. But if any are true I want £100, or at least a pint and some Scampi Fries:

Jimmy Scott to County.

Farid El-Alaguri(sp?) to County.

and I won't mention the Grant Munro one that's been doing the rounds for a couple of months.

It's been a tradition, but surely no-one to Caley this January?

Did you see Don Cowie on BBC Alba last night? He is gagging to come back here.

"Ross County are both thought to be interested in Calum Elliot terms ahead of his January release from Hearts."

Barry Wilson will sign this transfer window. I already brought you the exclusive that McMenamin would sign for County following discussions between ourselves and Morton (and to think, you all laughed at my awful attempt at an April Fool joke!) so just accept the inevitable and welcome Barry back to the club.

Austrian right-winger Jorg Haider will join the club for a week's trial in January
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(12-29-2011, 09:48 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: Austrian right-winger Jorg Haider will join the club for a week's trial in January

Oh dear.

Henry is going back to Arsenal....

I think we should give Billy Ferries a shout.
Highlander29

(12-30-2011, 11:31 AM)Son of Earl. Wrote: Henry is going back to Arsenal....

I think we should give Billy Ferries a shout.

Good shout Tongue

Skin um Billy!!!

Just heard we've signed Bob Harris on loan from Blackpool until the end of the season?

(12-31-2011, 08:28 PM)staggy4life Wrote: Just heard we've signed Bob Harris on loan from Blackpool until the end of the season?

wouldn't be the worst signing if true!

not bad at all....seems a good player

would be solid at left back if true. We need a defender for cover.

He has only had a Carling cup game for Blackpool so far.

Can he or any other player be registered to play before tomorrow ko?

Offices at SFL/SFA may well be shut.

A player can be used as a trialist twice before the need to register him. However as he is only going to be on loan, his registration will have to finalised before he played for County. If true it might be a bit late for tomorrow's game, I would assume that with a full set of fixtures in the SPL and the SFL that the SFA would be reopened tomorrow.
YOINK

Bob Harris confirmed yet ?
Highlander29

Graham Gartland to Morton, Would be great to Hijack as he seemed a great player while on Loan to us (even if it was only for a month)..

Also worth pointing out that Dunfermline No1. Paul Gallacher is out for the season and are after a new keeper. You think they would be after McGovern again? Good news for us if he left Falkirk as they don't have a good second choice keeper.

lets do an Arsenal, and bring back a club legend from the MLS for a couple of months - step forward Mr Adam Moffat.

Tongue

(01-05-2012, 08:08 PM)IDW16 Wrote: Also worth pointing out that Dunfermline No1. Paul Gallacher is out for the season and are after a new keeper. You think they would be after McGovern again? Good news for us if he left Falkirk as they don't have a good second choice keeper.

Not really, i'd be happy if he stayed put as he has already cost Falkirk some points this season.

(01-06-2012, 12:13 AM)rcfc-1929 Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 08:08 PM)IDW16 Wrote: Also worth pointing out that Dunfermline No1. Paul Gallacher is out for the season and are after a new keeper. You think they would be after McGovern again? Good news for us if he left Falkirk as they don't have a good second choice keeper.

Not really, i'd be happy if he stayed put as he has already cost Falkirk some points this season.

Dodgy

I would rather have Falkirk with an inexperienced keeper than McGovern anyway.

From a very reliable source that there will be "more than likely no transfers"