Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 26 Votes - 3.23 Average
Speculation thread
(01-21-2012, 02:32 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Darren Mackie is an awful footballer. I hope we don't sign him.

A poor man's Steven Craig he is

"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

I cant believe he has lasted that long in the top flight. Darren Mackie is highland league standard.
Highlander29

(01-21-2012, 03:41 PM)Son of Earl. Wrote: I cant believe he has lasted that long in the top flight. Darren Mackie is highland league standard.
Now now Earl. Thats an insult to highland league players haha!

[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

I would take John Stewart back before Darren Mackie!

(01-21-2012, 02:32 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Darren Mackie is an awful footballer. I hope we don't sign him.

And you are PELE?
(01-21-2012, 02:50 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote:

A poor man's Steven Craig he is

And what is wrong with Steven Craig?
Guys, nothing wrong with aiming high.
But! as a club we have to consider what we can afford.

(01-22-2012, 02:40 AM)Fleackeuy Wrote:

And you are PELE?

Are you Darren Mackie?

He is honking. There is no chance we'll sign him.

(01-22-2012, 02:50 AM)staggy4life Wrote:
(01-22-2012, 02:40 AM)Fleackeuy Wrote:

And you are PELE?

Are you Darren Mackie?

He is honking. There is no chance we'll sign him.

WHY?

1. He is awful
2. He is awful
3. He is awful
99. He is awful

Get the idea?

(01-22-2012, 02:40 AM)Fleackeuy Wrote: And you are PELE?

Compared to Darren Mackie, I'm each member of the 1970 World Cup winning Brazil side.

He's got a lot of heart and puts in effort but he's completely talentless and his level of ability wouldn't look out of place in the Second Division.

Please please lets prey we don't sign Mackie. Until this day I still don't know how he has managed to become a professional footballer and stay one as long as he has done. One of the worse players to play in the SPL, I think he would struggle in the third division. Good pace but without any ability to go with it. Not the sort of player we should be looking at. Would add absolutely nothing to the squad.

Not seen it mentioned on here, but has been doing the rounds on Twitter for a few days now.
But we were/are supposed to be interested in Gary Twigg from Shamrock Rovers.

Hibs took in a midfielder on loan yesterday. Jimmy further down the pecking order?

See last paragraph:

http://www.north-star-news.co.uk/Sport/F...560922.htm

Adams keeping it hush hush I see. Would honestly think we could make it to the end of the season as champions if we managed to sign 1 good defensive backup.

Dunfermline basically won the league thanks to some January signings so why can't we? Big Grin

(01-26-2012, 08:10 PM)IDW16 Wrote: Adams keeping it hush hush I see. Would honestly think we could make it to the end of the season as champions if we managed to sign 1 good defensive backup.

Dunfermline basically won the league thanks to some January signings so why can't we? Big Grin

Do not think we are going to Paisley to win after reading the North star article.

(01-21-2012, 07:09 PM)IDW16 Wrote: I would take John Stewart back before Darren Mackie!

john stewart i heard was getting watched by port vale ?
(12-29-2011, 06:58 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Again, all pub-talk and I'm sure they're all ridiculous. But if any are true I want £100, or at least a pint and some Scampi Fries:

Jimmy Scott to County.

Farid El-Alaguri(sp?) to County.

and I won't mention the Grant Munro one that's been doing the rounds for a couple of months.

It's been a tradition, but surely no-one to Caley this January?

Did you see Don Cowie on BBC Alba last night? He is gagging to come back here.

there is no chance farid el alaguri would come to us , he will be playing championship football next season
(01-10-2012, 11:19 PM)Son of Earl. Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 08:08 PM)IDW16 Wrote: Also worth pointing out that Dunfermline No1. Paul Gallacher is out for the season and are after a new keeper. You think they would be after McGovern again? Good news for us if he left Falkirk as they don't have a good second choice keeper.

(01-05-2012, 09:17 PM)SteakpieStaggie Wrote: lets do an Arsenal, and bring back a club legend from the MLS for a couple of months - step forward Mr Adam Moffat.

Tongue

(01-06-2012, 12:13 AM)rcfc-1929 Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 08:08 PM)IDW16 Wrote: Also worth pointing out that Dunfermline No1. Paul Gallacher is out for the season and are after a new keeper. You think they would be after McGovern again? Good news for us if he left Falkirk as they don't have a good second choice keeper.

Not really, i'd be happy if he stayed put as he has already cost Falkirk some points this season.

(01-06-2012, 02:52 AM)IDW16 Wrote:
(01-06-2012, 12:13 AM)rcfc-1929 Wrote:

Not really, i'd be happy if he stayed put as he has already cost Falkirk some points this season.

Dodgy

I would rather have Falkirk with an inexperienced keeper than McGovern anyway.

To prove my point the above members have all mentioned other clubs in this thread and not received any abuse. I wonder why the Celtic word offends so many folk. I think we all know why.

how come lad ?

Good news everyone! Gavin Rae is on his way out of dens park and heading to Easter road. Big Grin
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

David McNamee has apparently signed with us according to Colin McMenamin on Twitter. Defensive cover just as everyone wanted. Smile

Decent signing, even if he has lost his way a bit since his Scotland call up days. Good cover.

Mcnamee played for the dons last season and was garbage. He was never fit and was mega slow. Everytime he played he got taken off injured, majority of the time before half time.

Good news though just heard that Gavin Rae signed for Aberdeen, he has been influential in dundee's rise this season.Wink