Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Votes - 2.73 Average
Speculation thread
Seeing Stewart go would be a blow but if we could get a decent fee in January and replace him with 2 strikers it could work out for us , agree above regarding spittal he’s at the very least good enough for our bench, I’m just hanging in here waiting for draper to return think he could do us the world of good

Sure Stewart might be off form right now but on balance, I'd prefer to see him stay.  If he does go, I'd hope he goes to England so that he can't score against us when he does regain form! 

If he were to be offered a pre-contract with Aberdeen, it wouldn't surprise me if he took it. After all, there's no chance of them being relegated - the same can't be said for us unless we can string together a good run of results and hope that teams round about us drop points (fingers crossed!)

Coventry apparently have had a bid excepted for Josh Reid..........

https://the72.co.uk/216870/coventry-city...rship-man/

jamiepscot Wrote:Coventry apparently have had a bid excepted for Josh Reid..........

https://the72.co.uk/216870/coventry-city...rship-man/

Hopefully county have had the sense to insist on a substantial sell on fee, if he impresses at Coventry another club in England wil come in for him in a couple of years with their millions to spare sky tv money.

We're looking at Jordan White on loan from Motherwell. 0 goals in 20 since he joined Motherwell.

Diotor Wrote:We're looking at Jordan White on loan from Motherwell. 0 goals in 20 since he joined Motherwell.

Absolute waste of a wage and another caley reject

(01-25-2021, 06:55 PM)Diotor Wrote: We're looking at Jordan White on loan from Motherwell. 0 goals in 20 since he joined Motherwell.

No thank you Yogi.

White has flopped at Motherwell but if you check his Wikipedia from 2012 till now he has consistently scored a decent number of goals , especially at Livingston and Stirling , I’d at least be willing to give him a chance can’t be worse than Erwin

Taking a player in on loan from a club that were competing with to avoid relegation isn't a good idea, do we really think we're going to get maximum effort from someone that could potentially relegate his employers which would also see him face a wage cut or even lose his job.

(01-26-2021, 10:30 AM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Taking a player in on loan from a club that were competing with to avoid relegation isn't a good idea, do we really think we're going to get maximum effort from someone that could potentially relegate his employers.

Well said!

If Motherwell thought he was going to be beneficial to us then there's no way he'd be allowed to come on loan. Whyte is an average Championship player at best. 

I'm assuming our effort to get the Chorley striker has failed and we are now showing signs of desperation!

(01-26-2021, 08:49 AM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: White has flopped at Motherwell but if you check his Wikipedia from 2012 till now he has consistently scored a decent number of goals , especially at Livingston and Stirling , I’d at least be willing to give him a chance can’t be worse than Erwin

Stirling were a fourth tier club when he was playing for them.

I agree we need better players than the ones we have or don't bother. We certainly do not require a Motherwell reserve who was not even that special in the championship, I would rather one of our youngsters thrown in rather than other teams cast offs

(01-26-2021, 12:42 PM)Diotor Wrote: Stirling were a fourth tier club when he was playing for them.
He was also only 19/20 at that time

(01-26-2021, 08:49 AM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: White has flopped at Motherwell but if you check his Wikipedia from 2012 till now he has consistently scored a decent number of goals , especially at Livingston and Stirling , I’d at least be willing to give him a chance can’t be worse than Erwin
Cannot see how this is a wise move. Surely those we have are better. Mackay for one if run in team. Cannot see Stewart leaving this window. Shaw on song. Keep whites wage

(01-26-2021, 08:25 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: Cannot see how this is a wise move. Surely those we have are better. Mackay for one if run in team. Cannot see Stewart leaving this window. Shaw on song. Keep whites wage
For a LB perhaps!!!!!

(01-26-2021, 08:25 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: Cannot see how this is a wise move. Surely those we have are better. Mackay for one if run in team. Cannot see Stewart leaving this window. Shaw on song. Keep whites wage

Yes! Very low scoring rate at Motherwell.
Overall, John Hughes has done well since he came to the club, Rangers result being the exception.
I am a bit concerned about the signing of White, given his recent scoring rate.
Did he play for Hughes at Caley?
We can only hope that Hughes knows where/how to play him, and therefore get the best out of him.
If he puts in half the effort Billy Mackay does, and scores a few goals.
It will be, what a signing that was , well done John Hughes.
Nothing less than 3 points tonight please.
Is Polworth suspended for tonight? following his petulance at the weekend.