Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 35 Votes - 2.83 Average
Speculation thread
(01-23-2020, 10:14 AM)roth08 Wrote: Agreed but think Donaldson played really well covered a ,lot and his pace helped get us out of trouble quite a few times.  That back four looks a little more solid and I though Tillison helped a fair bit he gave us that little bit more defensive midfield cover.  He was breaking up a ,to but still managed to get forward now and then.  Would really have liked the three points last night but thought we played well and with hearts really going for it in the second half we didn't buckle.
For the firdt time in a while, I thought we looked as though we could keep the back door shut, Not had many clean sheets but a good one especially after the jambos subs.
Give this defence a few games to get to know each other and we could start to look up the table again once we get the games against the gruesome twosome out of the way.

Ross Stewart a target for Hibs and Aberdeen (Scott Burns in the DR)

(01-29-2020, 08:56 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Ross Stewart a target for Hibs and Aberdeen (Scott Burns in the DR)

If this indeed happens, what are our contingency plans for a replacement as we near the transfer deadline. Shaw is a replacement for Graham.

StuartTaylor Wrote:Ross Stewart a target for Hibs and Aberdeen (Scott Burns in the DR)

If they're talking about 2-3 million for shankland( a championship player) then we should be looking for a similar fee, just goes to show how cheap we let Boyce go for( top scorer in premier league at the time). If other clubs want our best players they should be made to pay rather than picking up our players on the cheap.
boyce, Irvine and Lindsay were all sold for desirory offers well below their true value.

If there's no release fee for Stewart I'd be looking at us getting serious money for him.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

balanced against how much we lose if we get relegated having sold him.

Dons fans are borderline mutinous at present (and won't therefore be selling Cosgrove right now, the only circumstances in which they'd be going into the market for another striker before Friday), and Hibs are looking at bringing McNulty back. Non-story
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(01-29-2020, 12:35 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: If they're talking about 2-3 million for shankland( a championship player) then we should be looking for a similar fee, just goes to show how cheap we let Boyce go for( top scorer in premier league at the time). If other clubs want our best players they should be made to pay rather than picking up our players on the cheap.
boyce, Irvine and Lindsay were all sold for desirory offers well below their true value.
Problem is,to attract players to our club  the release fee is set in the contract. Fact of life for us living in such a wilderness.They dont realise we stopped eating missionaries 20 years ago!

(01-29-2020, 03:34 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Problem is,to attract players to our club  the release fee is set in the contract. Fact of life for us living in such a wilderness.They dont realise we stopped eating missionaries 20 years ago!
When did we agree to that? Must have missed a meeting.

I see we are being linked with 20 year old defender from St Etienne - Mikael Nade - looks around the same size and stature as Songo - hoping he's a similar type of player......defence has been our main problem so strengthening that area makes sense......if we can hold onto Mullin and Stewart until the window shuts tonight then our squad looks pretty strong!

Through The Window tonight at 9pm on Radio Scotland will be interesting......lot of activity in Scottish Football this window...
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(01-31-2020, 11:00 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: if we can hold onto Mullin and Stewart until the window shuts tonight then our squad looks pretty strong!

Really? 

Out wide we are an injury away from being utterly knackered.

We've partially resolved our defence issues with Donaldson (who has looked good).

And our issues in wide midfield have been resolved with...another...central..midfielder?

Best hope we stay lucky with injuries for the second half of the season.

LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote:Really? 

Out wide we are an injury away from being utterly knackered.
I'm sure they were looking at wide players - obviously struggled to get anyone in - unless they can pick up a free agent, then we'll be stuck with what we have unfortunately - keep the faith mun.....;O)

Don’t see the huge issue, we have spittal, mullin, gardyne, Stewart and shaw who can all play out wide

(02-04-2020, 10:32 AM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Don’t see the huge issue, we have spittal, mullin, gardyne, Stewart and shaw who can all play out wide

Spittal has no pace.
Midge is injured.
Stewart and Shaw are both strikers.

Despot Wrote:Spittal has no pace.
Midge is injured.
Stewart and Shaw are both strikers.

Spittal put in a very good turn on the left wing in our last home game getting in some very good crosses.

My feeling is that our managers have been more focussed on our defensive frailties rather than our attacking potential.  That attacking potential was seen in the first half against Celtic.  We need more of that running through from midfield and less of the static keeping to your position.  I would suggest that the defence is improved and we have first choice players coming back who have been out for a while which I feel will regain some of the standard we had at the start of the season.   Ever in hope.

the reaper Wrote:Spittal put in a very good turn on the left wing in our last home game getting in some very good crosses.

My feeling is that our managers have been more focussed on our defensive frailties rather than our attacking potential.  That attacking potential was seen in the first half against Celtic.  We need more of that running through from midfield and less of the static keeping to your position.  I would suggest that the defence is improved and we have first choice players coming back who have been out for a while which I feel will regain some of the standard we had at the start of the season.   Ever in hope.
Totally agree - some of the counter-attacking play against Celtic was superb - it's about being intelligent with the players you have - I'm hopeful we have enough about our squad to pick up the points we need....