Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 35 Votes - 2.83 Average
Speculation thread
(01-14-2020, 07:34 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: County have signed another CM from Exeter City
Can't remember his name and can't find any news on the signing. Also not sure we need another CM. We've got about 7 already!
First to be on it Jamie.

(01-15-2020, 09:17 PM)tattiedave Wrote: First to be on it Jamie.
Ha ha. It's easy when you hear it from the horse's mouth Dave 
He came in on Monday, don't know why they've waited till Wednesday to announce it.

One of my Aberdeen supporting work colleagues has been asking me about mark gallagher(age 18) he says Aberdeen have paid a 6 figure sum for him in a pre contract deal, don't know if there's any truth in this or not.
Has he made any first team squads/starts?

I heard it was a five-figure sum ... £10,000 - £99,999, take your pick.

(01-15-2020, 10:04 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Ha ha. It's easy when you hear it from the horse's mouth Dave 
He came in on Monday, don't know why they've waited till Wednesday to announce it.
I believe they had to wait for international clearance

(01-16-2020, 05:34 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: One of my Aberdeen supporting work colleagues has been asking me about mark gallagher(age 18) he says Aberdeen have paid a 6 figure sum for him in a pre contract deal, don't know if there's any truth in this or not.
Has he made any first team squads/starts?

"Aberdeen have also agreed a five figure fee with County to land their 18-year-old midfielder Gallagher and they want to get that deal signed before this weekend’s Scottish Cup clash with Dumbarton.

Gallagher, who has still to play a first-team game for County, has agreed a two-and-a-half year deal with the Granite City club."

(Scott Burns in the Record).

Are we just a feeder club for the sheep?

USSR Tycoon Wrote:Are we just a feeder club for the sheep?

Yes.  It makes money. 

We have had a few players who have some through the ranks or joined the club and moved on for good money.  Establishing a reputation for developing players who can move to a higher level is a good business model and can bring a lot of players who are really good but don't get a chance at a big club to get the game time to develop.  Just look at the last few seasons what we've seen.  Boyce, Irvine, Lindsay, all good business for the club.

Yup, delighted to pay my season ticket money to see our players sold on rather than us build a team for the present and future?!? We’re certainly not safe from relegation but the additions this window thus far have been underwhelming. Hoping for one or two ‘quality’ signings in the next couple of weeks otherwise we’re looking at a grim three/four months. When has selling your best young players ever helped the paying fan?

(01-17-2020, 09:18 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: When has selling your best young players ever helped the paying fan?

Normally, by ensuring their club stays in existence
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(01-17-2020, 09:18 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Yup, delighted to pay my season ticket money to see our players sold on rather than us build a team for the present and future?!?  We’re certainly not safe from relegation but the additions this window thus far have been underwhelming. Hoping for one or two ‘quality’ signings in the next couple of weeks otherwise we’re looking at a grim  three/four months. When has selling your best young players ever helped the paying fan?

Struggling to see how it’s been a disappointing window? We needed a CB and we brought one in who is an improvement on what we currently have. No ones seen the Tilson lad yet so you can’t be over joyed or underwhelmed yet but reports from Exeter fans say we have a good player on our hands in a position we need especially considering injuries etc

P&J and Record both mentioning the Jag's interest in Graham.

Oli Shaw still linked to us.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Does he play centre half?

Despot Wrote:Oli Shaw still linked to us.

Thankfully it's OLI Shaw!
At first glance I thought it was Davie Shaw, now that would have thrown a spanner in the works.
More to the point what are the views on Oli Shaw?

Still only 21, been an emerging talent for hibs since he was 16, played about 70 odd games but needs regular game time, could be good for us. 

A six figure fee sounds surprising but i heard we received between £60k-£90k from Aberdeen for Gallagher.

(01-22-2020, 12:02 PM)MOGO Wrote: Thankfully it's OLI Shaw!
At first glance I thought it was Davie Shaw, now that would have thrown a spanner in the works.
More to the point what are the views on Oli Shaw?
 Big Grin With his new knee I thought he might get a shout. Well it was walking football County were playing on Saturday wasn't it?

How are we feeling about the new signings after the Hearts game tonight. For me Donaldson was outstanding, Tillson put in a very strong and effective shift and Oli Shaw looks a super signing.

All looked good, having Watson in for Fonts helped the team too imo

(01-23-2020, 12:11 AM)frankthetank Wrote: All looked good, having Watson in for Fonts helped the team too imo
Agreed but think Donaldson played really well covered a lot of ground and his pace helped get us out of trouble quite a few times.  That back four looks a little more solid and I though Tillison helped a fair bit, he gave us that little bit more defensive midfield cover.  He was breaking up a lot but still managed to get forward now and then.  Would really have liked the three points last night but thought we played well and with hearts really going for it in the second half we didn't buckle.