Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 35 Votes - 2.83 Average
Speculation thread
(01-02-2020, 01:51 PM)Despot Wrote: Hearing rumours Chalmers has asked to be played more or allowed to leave.

Considering Vigurs and Draper are injured, or recovering, not sure if that'd be a wise move.

I'm sure I posted something along these lines when Henderson arrived, but for a team that's spent the majority of the season playing 4-4-2 we are carrying a lot of bodies in central midfield
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(01-02-2020, 01:51 PM)Despot Wrote: Hearing rumours Chalmers has asked to be played more or allowed to leave.

Considering Vigurs and Draper are injured, or recovering, not sure if that'd be a wise move.

Bye bye then. I don’t think he brings much to the table. Hasn’t really impressed me, yes he has scored a few goals , and played well in flashes but too timid, and would have to be a lot more consistent to merit being a first choice. Sounds like he may have an option elsewhere, trying to manufacture a move away?
Just the cynic in me.

Chalmers is probably the best striker of the ball from range in the side (Vigurs aside) but for a big lad he doesn't offer a lot physically.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Note in the press today Ross Stewart is out for up to 6 weeks with hamstring problem. Might be a silver lining in that he might not leave now before the end of the season on the basis you don't buy a lame horse. You wait till it recovers and is fit again.

(01-04-2020, 03:35 PM)the reaper Wrote: Note in the press today Ross Stewart is out for up to 6 weeks with hamstring problem.  Might be a silver lining in that he might not leave now before the end of the season on the basis you don't buy a lame horse.  You wait till it recovers and is fit again.

That means relying on Mckay and Graham for the goals, which is a tad worrying as Mckay is working incredibly hard in the wrong parts of the pitch and Graham will score stunners and miss sitters.

(01-04-2020, 07:11 PM)Despot Wrote: That means relying on Mckay and Graham for the goals, which is a tad worrying as Mckay is working incredibly hard in the wrong parts of the pitch and Graham will score stunners and miss sitters.
Step up Erwin!

Recall Declan McManus, he scored another 2 today, think that's 11 so far, not a bad hawl.

(01-04-2020, 08:54 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Recall Declan McManus, he scored another 2 today, think that's 11 so far, not a bad hawl.

Aye the boy has talent but just never got a run of games. I think his loan spell has obviously done him good. I dont think the loan can be shortened so will not be back til end of season. Will he get a regular place in the first team, im not sure. He is still young and learning.

If games will be limited then i think he will likely leave and sign for a championship side and this will likely be his current home, Falkirk

(01-04-2020, 08:54 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Recall Declan McManus, he scored another 2 today, think that's 11 so far, not a bad hawl.

Think he's found the right level for him. He's a trier, but against top level Scottish defenders he'd struggle.

Deas_pie_staggie Wrote:Aye the boy has talent but just never got a run of games. I think his loan spell has obviously done him good.  I dont think the loan can be shortened so will not be back til end of season. Will he get a regular place in the first team, im not sure. He is still young and learning.

If  games will be limited then i think he will likely leave and sign for a championship side and this will likely be his current home, Falkirk
Is he that young? must be 25+ as he has played for or been on loan at Aberdeen, Morton, Alloa(I think)  Raith Rovers and Dunfermline Athletic if my memory serves. He might have been down in England for a spell???
He has always scored in lower leagues

(01-05-2020, 01:43 PM)Skipper\s Covie Wrote: Is he that young? must be 25+ as he has played for or been on loan at Aberdeen, Morton, Alloa(I think)  Raith Rovers and Dunfermline Athletic if my memory serves. He might have been down in England for a spell???
He has always scored in lower leagues

Aberdeen, Alloa, Morton x2, Fleetwood Town, Rovers, Dunfermline then ourselves and Falkirk.

He has never scored more than 13 in a season (at Dunfermline).

Ross County and St Mirren want to sign Rangers midfielder Glenn Middleton on loan, but the Premiership pair face competition from Dutch side NAC Breda. (Daily Record, print edition)
Another midfielder?

According to the Record Donaldson is a done deal on a PCA and we're looking at getting him in this month.

(01-09-2020, 09:45 AM)Despot Wrote: According to the Record Donaldson is a done deal on a PCA and we're looking at getting him in this month.

Hearing Tom Walsh as well

(01-09-2020, 11:15 AM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Hearing Tom Walsh as well

Isn't he the lad who has permanent residency in the physio room? 

Two incredibly underwhelming signings if true. 

Again this highlights the need for someone above Kettlewell and Ferguson who is able to do dealings with clubs outwith a 20 mile radius.

(01-09-2020, 09:45 AM)Despot Wrote: According to the Record Donaldson is a done deal on a PCA and we're looking at getting him in this month.

FWIW many seasoned ICT observers will tell you that McCart (also out of contract in May) is the better CB
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Most Inverness fans will say he’s been unsettled since we tried to sign him on summer. He was rock solid every game against us and whatever way you spin it, he’s an upgrade on Fontaine. I didn’t rate Chalmers either and he turned out decent. Happy with that signing

Ullapool Staggie Wrote:Most Inverness fans will say he’s been unsettled since we tried to sign him on summer. He was rock solid every game against us and whatever way you spin it, he’s an upgrade on Fontaine. I didn’t rate Chalmers either and he turned out decent. Happy with that signing
agreed every caley player we have signed over the last few years has improved our team and for those who think we need someone who is able to look further than 20 miles for players I remind them some of the best Scottish players have come from places like Inverness Invergordon Wick Thurso

(01-09-2020, 04:58 PM)county AML Wrote: agreed every caley player we have signed over the last few years has improved our team and for those who think we need someone who is able to look further than 20 miles for players I remind them some of the best Scottish players have come from places like Inverness Invergordon Wick Thurso

Give me 10 in the last 20 years.

(01-09-2020, 05:02 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote:  
Give me 10 in the last 20 years.
Don Cowie
Gary Mackay Steven
Stuart Armstrong
Mark Ridgers

That's 4 off top of my head