Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 33 Votes - 3.03 Average
Speculation thread
(03-14-2019, 07:44 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Callum Semple in a spot of bother for betting on matches.

Not speculation but there's not really a thread for this sort of thing. Maybe someone can speculate on what games he's, allegedly, bet on!

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/spor...es-175755/

its a crap rule as long as a player is not betting on his own teams result what harm is it doing apart from infringing on his or her civil liberties

(03-15-2019, 11:22 AM)county AML Wrote: its a crap rule as long as a player is not betting on his own teams result what harm is it doing apart from infringing on his or her civil liberties

I suppose it's the same as insider trading on the stocks and shares. As a football player you're connected through ex teammates/coaches and as a result have an advantage through being in the know!
Ian Black, formerly a caley ar$e, only got a 7game ban for it, and he was found guilty of betting on his own teams on several occasions!
If football players want a flutter they can bet on horses, tennis, rugby etc,
I think the rule is fair enough.

(03-15-2019, 11:22 AM)county AML Wrote: its a crap rule as long as a player is not betting on his own teams result what harm is it doing apart from infringing on his or her civil liberties

Its the thin end of the wedge of though isnt it. This day and age you can bet on literally anything.....How easy would be to say to your mate at another team to get a yellow card in the first 10 minutes after HT, wee £100 in-play bet. Sorted. I'm sure it happens all the time.

(03-15-2019, 12:07 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Its the thin end of the wedge of though isnt it. This day and age you can bet on literally anything.....How easy would be to say to your mate at another team to get a yellow card in the first 10 minutes after HT, wee £100 in-play bet. Sorted. I'm sure it happens all the time.

Footballers aren't generally known for their smarts, I know terrible generalisation, but they could get their m8 to open an online account for them and use that. Alternatively, they could just give them the money and ask them to put a bet on for them. That probably never happens I'm sure...............
The rule is correct, but could easily be circumvented with some thought.

The rule is the rule- it's well-publicised, there's absolutely no excuse for not knowing it (of course, if the lad has a genuine problem, then he needs help rather than castigation)
As others have alluded to, one of the reasons the rule is in place is to prevent players exploiting inside information and the potential for spot-fixing. Anything other than the current blanket ban would require the SFA to make a judgement call on every single bet to determine if there was a risk of market manipulation through the exchange of inside information- they simply don't have the resources to do that
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Danny MacDonald who recently left ICT is apparently joining. Not sure what role.

I suspect he might replace charlie mcphee whos still out of action in da youffs

Heard draper might be oot for run in after his knee ijnury which is worse than first thot

Bummer if true cof

(04-05-2019, 09:34 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: I suspect he might replace charlie mcphee whos still out of action in da youffs

Heard draper might be oot for run in after his knee ijnury which is worse than first thot

Bummer if true cof

Looks very much like his knee. If so, it’s another player we can no longer count on this season.

(04-05-2019, 05:18 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Danny MacDonald who recently left ICT is apparently joining. Not sure what role.

Danny Mr Nice Guy, he was with County as youth coach a few years back.
Left County to go back to Caley for a higher spec role.
Can’t say for sure, but, appears to be internal bickering at Caley.
Regardless, I wish Danny all the best if he does come back to County..
I would imagine if Caley don’t get promoted to the Premier League they will be hurting for cash, parachute money long gone, could be a few players leaving.
Take your pick, would any them do a job for us?
Having said that, Caley have as good a chance as any in the playoffs, assuming they make it.

(04-05-2019, 05:18 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Danny MacDonald who recently left ICT is apparently joining. Not sure what role.

Very good coach Danny welcome aboard ,
Watching Dundee United disgraceful sham last night they and referee should be punished , scumdee you got punished for time wasting time added on brought
I’ve not Been impressed with young Armstrong same role as Tony Dingwall
Looking lost Nit any better than Dingwall

(04-06-2019, 12:37 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Very good coach Danny welcome aboard ,
Watching Dundee United disgraceful sham last night they and referee should be punished , scumdee you got punished for time wasting time added on brought
I’ve not Been impressed with young Armstrong same role as Tony Dingwall
Looking lost Nit any better than Dingwall

Armstrong was one of our best players last night, put in a brilliant ball which was crying out to be tapped in first half. Also ran and ran vs caley the other night just missing that final end product. But at 19/20 he’s still very raw

(04-06-2019, 06:07 PM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: Armstrong was one of our best players last night, put in a brilliant ball which was crying out to be tapped in first half. Also ran and ran vs caley the other night just missing that final end product. But at 19/20 he’s still very raw

Armstrong looked out of depth as will most of this team in top league pp

No he didn't.

(04-06-2019, 06:59 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Armstrong looked out of depth as will most of this team in top league pp

You wouldn't have said that if his surname was Dingwall!

I haven't looked back but my recollection is that RSB has acknowledged that Tony D is not going to make it with us at this level, let alone in the Premier league.

But (counting chickens re promotion) I can see us keeping quite a number of the present squad. Without any consideration of remaining contract lengths I can see us keeping Fox, Fraser, Watson, Morris, Fontaine, Grivosti, Draper, Lindsay, Cowie, Gardyne, Mullin, Vigurs, Spence, Mackay, Stewart and DKD.

And if we can bring in three or four Jason Naismiths I think that would be the basis of a squad which could hold its own in the top league.

It would be in-keeping with Roy's previous policy to see how well most of the current squad can do, and invest in January if needs be.

(04-07-2019, 11:44 PM)Wicky Wrote: But (counting chickens re promotion) I can see us keeping quite a number of the present squad. Without any consideration of remaining contract lengths I can see us keeping Fox, Fraser, Watson, Morris, Fontaine, Grivosti, Draper, Lindsay, Cowie, Gardyne, Mullin, Vigurs, Spence, Mackay, Stewart and DKD.

And if we can bring in three or four Jason Naismiths I think that would be the basis of a squad which could hold its own in the top league.

We'd be straight back down if we kept most of that lot.

A massive overhaul will be needed if we have any chance of staying up if we get there.

(04-06-2019, 06:59 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Armstrong looked out of depth as will most of this team in top league pp

i cant believe the stick this boy is getting, he just lacks game time and is a smashing prospect. dont know what player people are watchiing ,but others deserve worse than him. he brings us width width width and pace , support him get the best out of him NOW

(04-08-2019, 08:13 AM)chelsea1905 Wrote: i cant believe the stick this boy is getting, he just lacks game time and is a smashing prospect. dont know what player people are watchiing ,but others deserve worse than him. he brings us width width width and pace , support him get the best out of him NOW

Totally agree. Thought he played well against Caley and nobody, Jamie Lindsay maybe, had a good game against DU.

(04-08-2019, 12:54 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Totally agree. Thought he played well against Caley and nobody, Jamie Lindsay maybe, had a good game against DU.
I think Armstrong is a great prospect for the future. Hope we can get the league tied up this week and let some of the youngsters get a run out in the last few games. Would like to see Armstrong, Paton, Wallace, Grivosti, Spence, Semple, Munro etc get some more experience. Re above list of experienced players not too worried about them remember they saw off Motherwell in the Cup and will be good enough to handle the bottom end of the SPFL. If we want to get into the top six we will need to strengthen particularly in defence.

Think it's hard to judge Armstrong so far, he's not had anything like enough game time.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.