Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 32 Votes - 2.97 Average
Speculation thread
We have just signed 3 new players who can play centre half ffs!

(01-30-2019, 11:33 PM)frankthetank Wrote: We have just signed 3 new players who can play centre half ffs!

And a winger. How much do you want?

(01-30-2019, 11:53 PM)the reaper Wrote: And a winger. How much do you want?

Never hurts to ask Smile

(01-30-2019, 11:04 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: We need a centre back urgent plus a winger

https://giphy.com/gifs/foxhomeent-yvBAuESRTsETqNFlEl

(01-30-2019, 11:04 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: We need a centre back urgent plus a winger

They have Grivosti, KVDW, Fraser, Watson, Semple, Boyle, Morris and Fontaine. Now admittedly two of those are out for the season, but it still leaves 6 players capable in playing in one of two positions.

As for wingers, they've just signed Armstrong who goes along with Gardyne, Stewart, McManus and Mullen. That's five players for two positions (sometimes only one).

The squad's fine for those two positions now. I'd say they're significantly short of quality in central midfield, but I'm sure Draper, Spence, Cowie and Linday can make do until Vigurs gets back.

(01-31-2019, 09:11 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: They have Grivosti, KVDW, Fraser, Watson, Semple, Boyle, Morris and Fontaine. Now admittedly two of those are out for the season, but it still leaves 6 players capable in playing in one of two positions.

As for wingers, they've just signed Armstrong who goes along with Gardyne, Stewart, McManus and Mullen. That's five players for two positions (sometimes only one).

The squad's fine for those two positions now. I'd say they're significantly short of quality in central midfield, but I'm sure Draper, Spence, Cowie and Linday can make do until Vigurs gets back.

Thank you for all that not being well haven’t been out in 3 weeks ,mm need to get my act together I said,and !lo behold everything answered ,
I had a look at pedigrees So so One or two injury problems , for me Fontaine’is big loss I likecwhat he brings onto park
Again thanyou like that

Welcome back Buff!
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(01-31-2019, 11:37 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Thank you for all that not being well haven’t been out in 3 weeks ,mm need to get my act together I said,and !lo behold everything answered ,
I had a look at pedigrees So so One or two injury problems , for me Fontaine’is big loss I likecwhat he brings onto park
Again thanyou like that

Glad you're back on the mend.

Callum Semple, the big centre back they signed from QOS, is very much in the Fontaine mould, except about ten years younger. Big, left footed, ball playing centre half. I think you'll like him.

(01-31-2019, 01:19 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Welcome back Buff!

Thank you for that , it means a lot

(01-31-2019, 01:41 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Glad you're back on the mend.

Callum Semple, the big centre back they signed from QOS, is very much in the Fontaine mould, except about ten years younger. Big, left footed, ball playing centre half. I think you'll like him.

Thank you for that ,much appreciated ,

Yup, so glad to see you back on here RSB. We may see you wearing the famous dark blue shirt yet. COYS

Tam McManus tweeting we’re after Celtic left back Calvin Miller on loan

No penalty taking for him, I hope.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(01-31-2019, 06:34 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Yup, so glad to see you back on here RSB. We may see you wearing the famous dark blue shirt yet. COYS

I’m not good with I pad enough to get by if I knew how to put a picture on here I would , lol

(01-31-2019, 09:45 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: I’m not good with I pad enough to get by if I knew how to put a picture on here I would , lol

Copy and paste buff, simples ;-)
That said, it's an iPad and I wouldn't touch one, maybe they're different.

Calvin Miller off to Ayr.
Less than an hour to find a left back
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

(01-30-2019, 11:33 PM)frankthetank Wrote: We have just signed 3 new players who can play centre half ffs!

Now midnight has come and gone, I'm actually quite worried about what's to come in the apparent absence of a new LB. Dundee Utd going radge on the signing front is going to have a big impact and ICT weakened by Oakley going to Accies will lead to an interesting run in. Shame Miller didn't fancy us (if we were trying at all...)

Fingers crossed...
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

(02-01-2019, 12:05 AM)gudgie67 Wrote: Calvin Miller off to Ayr.
Less than an hour to find a left back

He obviously fancied the much better training facilities to train, the modern first class stadium to play in front of and the rantings of a manager who never once has accepted defeat gracefully and without pathetic excuses.
Good luck to calvin miller!

Brick 
(02-01-2019, 01:35 AM)Blinkers Wrote: Now midnight has come and gone, I'm actually quite worried about what's to come in the apparent absence of a new LB. Dundee Utd going radge on the signing front is going to have a big impact and ICT weakened by Oakley going to Accies will lead to an interesting run in. Shame Miller didn't fancy us (if we were trying at all...)

Fingers crossed...

I'm reasonably relaxed with what we have now, but recognise that Dundee United have signed pretty much a new starting 11, including some familiar and respected names. They'll need a bit of getting to know one another but after a few weeks should be in a strong position.

Hopefully we'll get a good run of positive performances and results and it will ultimately be too late for United to overtake us.

It's simply up to County to keep getting the points every week!

Callum Semple in a spot of bother for betting on matches.

Not speculation but there's not really a thread for this sort of thing. Maybe someone can speculate on what games he's, allegedly, bet on!

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/spor...es-175755/

(03-14-2019, 07:44 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Callum Semple in a spot of bother for betting on matches.

Not speculation but there's not really a thread for this sort of thing. Maybe someone can speculate on what games he's, allegedly, bet on!

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/spor...es-175755/

Unfortunate. Hopefully this won't belong in the "Former Players & Managers" thread and the young man will learn from any alleged mistake he has made.