Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 31 Votes - 3 Average
Speculation thread
Tony Dingwall on trial at Raith, with view to a permanent move (P&J).

(01-08-2019, 08:37 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Tony Dingwall on trial at Raith, with view to a permanent move (P&J).

I wish Tony all the best

(01-08-2019, 08:37 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Tony Dingwall on trial at Raith, with view to a permanent move (P&J).

Hopefully he’ll take that opportunity. All of the talent, none of the application. So many chances to make a go of it at Ross County, but couldn’t make it stick.

I’m not convinced he’ll do much and will end up warming the bench at Elgin in the near future.

(01-08-2019, 11:19 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Hopefully he’ll take that opportunity. All of the talent, none of the application. So many chances to make a go of it at Ross County, but couldn’t make it stick.

I’m not convinced he’ll do much and will end up warming the bench at Elgin in the near future.

What cruel thing to say ,if you can’t say good say nowt
What did the boy ever do to you He is away no need to say anything Or
All the best would be ok

Ferguson and Kettlewell have worked with the lad for several seasons and obviously feel he has no future at County. The standard of the Championship is poor so there must be a problem - lack of application that has been mentioned - injury hampering fitness - unable to cope with full time training - job offer outside football.
As it looks like we will win this league by default the club need to clear the decks - at the present time there are only half a dozen of the squad worth taking to the Premiership.

(01-08-2019, 06:05 PM)Brown Savoy Wrote: As it looks like we will win this league by default the club need to clear the decks - at the present time there are only half a dozen of the squad worth taking to the Premiership.

This is pretty accurate assessment. We need players who can play at a better level.

(01-08-2019, 06:05 PM)Brown Savoy Wrote: Ferguson and Kettlewell have worked with the lad for several seasons and obviously feel he has no future at County. The standard of the Championship is poor so there must be a problem - lack of application that has been mentioned - injury hampering fitness - unable to cope with full time training - job offer outside football.
As it looks like we will win this league by default the club need to clear the decks - at the present time there are only half a dozen of the squad worth taking to the Premiership.

"Win this league by default" . What a load of keich!
If we win the league ,it will be because we are the best team in it. If we come second it is because we are the second best team and so on.
It is not a given we will win the league anyhow,a long way to go.

Spot on! ... half a dozen is being optimistic.

(01-09-2019, 08:26 PM)tattiedave Wrote: "Win this league by default" . What a load of keich!
If we win the league ,it will be because we are the best team in it.

At the moment it's a pretty fair assessment.

(01-09-2019, 09:17 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: As it looks like we will win this league by default the club need to clear the decks - at the present time there are only half a dozen of the squad worth taking to the Premiership.

Spot on! ... half a dozen is being optimistic.

Win the league by default are you still drunk after the festive period!!!!

This is historically, with a few exceptions, the most competitive league in Scotland and also one of the hardest to get out of.

So in order to win the league we need to be on our game at all times. I am beginning to wonder if quite a few of the squad share your view which I think is being disrespectful of the Championship. The only way out of this league is hard work and getting points on the board by treating each game as a cup final not going into it thinking we will win the game or the league by default.

Last weekend was far from a good weekend for us because we missed the opportunity to get a bigger advantage over the chasing pack.

(01-09-2019, 10:43 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: At the moment it's a pretty fair assessment.

Yup. Dundee United stuck with their abysmal coach for far too long. Ayr drop points whenever County do. Inverness don't have the strength in depth of squad. The players County brought in are Championship standard, with the exception of Mullin, and supplement the better players who for one reason or another didn't move on.

Not sure why anyone expected this squad to waltz the division. They are benefiting from the fact that there isn't a standout side, so winning by default is a good way of evaluating the season so far.

The Dundee courier reporting that Lewis Spence of Dundee is about to sign for us.

I've also heard a rumours we've knocked back a cash sum for Gardyne from Dundee.

Is Fraser away for Spence?

(01-10-2019, 10:48 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Yup. Dundee United stuck with their abysmal coach for far too long. Ayr drop points whenever County do. Inverness don't have the strength in depth of squad. The players County brought in are Championship standard, with the exception of Mullin, and supplement the better players who for one reason or another didn't move on.

Not sure why anyone expected this squad to waltz the division. They are benefiting from the fact that there isn't a standout side, so winning by default is a good way of evaluating the season so far.

You sure don’t sound like a staggies supporter, default is nonsense , everyone starts from same platform at start if season , and take it from there , you in my opinion are being disrespectful to two great county servants stepping into management Who need encouragement, get behind the managers RoY and team . Upbeat is the way , we are The highlands some positive posts would be good at this time every team can only beat what is in front of them or lose It a funny old game

Buff just because an individual has been a reliable performer at a club as a player does not mean they will replicate this in the managers hot seat. Two players from your era who proved hopeless as managers after years of service to their respective clubs - John Greig at the club previously known as Rangers suffered the ignominy of getting beat by an English Third Division side - okay the Spirerites had Ernie Moss and Phil Bonnyman in their team but a 4-1 reversal over two legs was poor. The other at Manchester United - Wilf McGuinness - a solid player and youth coach but unable to handle the top job at Old Trafford.

(01-10-2019, 10:48 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Yup. Dundee United stuck with their abysmal coach for far too long. Ayr drop points whenever County do. Inverness don't have the strength in depth of squad. The players County brought in are Championship standard, with the exception of Mullin, and supplement the better players who for one reason or another didn't move on.

There's another point - if we do go up this season, some (more) serious surgery will be needed in the summer
I definitely think it's fair to say, with few exceptions(the 5-1 bodying of Dundee United owed as much to their lot absolutely chucking in the towel in a manner you'd never expect to see from a pro side), that we haven't really convinced this season. We've won a lot of games doing just enough without blowing anyone away-Ketts and Fergie are having their 1st proper go at this, and are probably learning on the job every single day (and it's certainly not disrespectful to anyone to point that out). We're as well placed as anyone going into the 2nd half of the season (although I think the narrative of Ayr being a Shankland-dependent flash in the pan should be dispelled by now)

Anyway, back to rampant, baseless speculation- saw the name Calvin Miller somewhere on here and while personally I reckon that's probably wildly unrealistic, I'd certainly take him
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(01-10-2019, 09:25 PM)Brown Savoy Wrote: Buff just because an individual has been a reliable performer at a club as a player does not mean they will replicate this in the managers hot seat. Two players from your era who proved hopeless as managers after years of service to their respective clubs - John Greig at the club previously known as Rangers suffered the ignominy of getting beat by an English Third Division side - okay the Spirerites had Ernie Moss and Phil Bonnyman in their team but a 4-1 reversal over two legs was poor. The other at Manchester United - Wilf McGuinness - a solid player and youth coach but unable to handle the top job at Old Trafford.

I always says it as it is ,I can only guess you are not willing to come straight out with what you really want to say ,but instead are fishing ,
I support Fergie And Ketts It s their step into management Are they being backed
By the main man we don’t know , Is Roy still, fully in charge monatery wise
We need left back it was convenient Kenny was there ,I don’t know about spence but wish him well , I find it queer Keillor Dunn being out on loan, he has it to have impact in this league so as I say don’t agree with him punted ,
I do not see any improvement to our squad yet by this signings

Have to agree with RSB above “I do not see any improvement to our squad yet by these signings”. Plenty of players being moved around Championship and lower Prem clubs but it’s a Merry-go-round of dross! Lazy management results in young talent being loaned out to ‘smaller, under-performing’ teams rather than the managerscoaches taking time and effort to coach individuals. I am struggling to think of any player who has returned a ‘better player’ from a loan period. It would be interesting to get a “where are they now” of our league-winning young side from three seasons ago. If we aren’t going to school young talent we’d be as well scrapping the youth/development system and put the money into a squad of 20 half decent players.

" If we aren’t going to school young talent we’d be as well scrapping the youth/development system and put the money into a squad of 20 half decent players."
[/quote]
Like Falkirk did?!

So Roy was on Sportsound yesterday before the game. From the bits I heard over a spotty signal, he indicated that 2-4 signings would be made this winter, no idea when this recording was made of course but does that mean we can maybe expect transfer rumours around another 1 or 2 players?

(01-13-2019, 03:50 PM)NVACA Wrote: So Roy was on Sportsound yesterday before the game. From the bits I heard over a spotty signal, he indicated that 2-4 signings would be made this winter, no idea when this recording was made of course but does that mean we can maybe expect transfer rumours around another 1 or 2 players?

4 players moved on, so far, would suggest at least 4 coming in. We've taken in 2 and I'd expect at least another 2, a CH and a wide player who has pace would be welcome.