Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 31 Votes - 3 Average
Speculation thread
Ross County co-manager Stuart Kettlewell says there is 'nothing in' reports linking them with a move for Danny Swanson

Tweeted from Tyrone Smith

Just speculation then, and devious underhand sneaky misleading manipulative shenanigans by agents, (or Hibs?) as suggested by Vanderdalgarno.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

I don't think we need Swanson, but he's a player I would have liked to have seen at County, caused us so many problems over the years.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(08-29-2018, 09:50 PM)Despot Wrote: I don't think we need Swanson, but he's a player I would have liked to have seen at County, caused us so many problems over the years.

Just been freed by Hibs, contract terminated by mutual consent.

Looks like he's rejoining St Johnstone and not us, unfortunately.

We've got Don Cowie and a very decent group of midfield players. No tears here over Swanson.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Dow possibly going to Peterhead on loan.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/spor...ss-county/

I'd be happy to see the back of Dow, certainly one of the most questionable signings in our recent history and a player imo who was well short of the standard expected on the field.

I don't know the guy, I'm sure he's a very nice bloke so i wish him well and hope he can earn himself a permanent move to kick start his football career.

Thought Dow was showing glimpses of the player he can be- his main issue is he's just bullied too easily by more physical players.

Seeing people on P&B saying big Kenny van der Weg is a possible January move for us.

(12-24-2018, 09:58 AM)Despot Wrote: Seeing people on P&B saying big Kenny van der Weg is a possible January move for us.

I'd be surprised if that happened but I suppose it's not impossible.
Do we need a 3rd LB though?

He was at the gams against Partick supposedly, someone commented somewhere that Alex Schalk also said VDW was returning (not sure) but with kelly being out for a while it wouldn’t be the worst signing for this level. Super Stelios has well and truly claimed the starting LB place

I guess if we did sign Kenny he'd be cover for left back and centre half- I've honestly been impressed with Stelios so it'd be harsh to punt him for anyone at the minute.

(12-24-2018, 04:16 PM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: He was at the gams against Partick supposedly, someone commented somewhere that Alex Schalk also said VDW was returning (not sure) but with kelly being out for a while it wouldn’t be the worst signing for this level. Super Stelios has well and truly claimed the starting LB place

Alex schalk wouldvscire goals for fun in this league , I hear Routis is free too

(12-24-2018, 09:05 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Alex schalk wouldvscire goals for fun in this league , I hear Routis is free too

Don't really want players back at the club who got us relegated,especially when they didn't want to stay.

(12-24-2018, 09:32 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Don't really want players back at the club who got us relegated,especially when they didn't want to stay.

Routis is not free as signed a 4yr contract in Switzerland and is vice-captain at the club.

As for potential return of KVDW and saying he didn't want to stay that's actually the furthest thing from the truth. He did indeed want to stay last January but was forced out of the club by Coyle following a disagreement between the pair of them.

(12-24-2018, 09:32 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Don't really want players back at the club who got us relegated,especially when they didn't want to stay.

As far as I’m aware it’s only Kenny VDW that is being rumoured to be returning, however, I don’t believe the players were at blame completely for the relegation. The manager, strange team selections, playing players out of position and bizarre signings were more at fault. I’d agree Schalk would tear up this league, Routis would be good too but only as far as the bench

(12-25-2018, 01:39 AM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: As far as I’m aware it’s only Kenny VDW that is being rumoured to be returning, however, I don’t believe the players were at blame completely for the relegation. The manager, strange team selections, playing players out of position and bizarre signings were more at fault. I’d agree Schalk would tear up this league, Routis would be good too but only as far as the bench

Schalke was always on the bench. When he did start getting on as a sub he scored some decent goals

Almost that time of the year again, and I don't mean New Year.

I wonder what movement we will see in the squad over the next 31 days then.

Any ideas folks???

We are doing not bad, question is who would we get, is theremuch better out there, without having to pay silly money? Just hope the squad matures a bit, learn how to tackle in the middle of the park, keep getting better game after game. Hopefully have the league wrapped up in time for the next Highland Derby , pump the Tinks at the Dump. Come to think of it, is Tremarco available, he could add something to our squad, not much point in him wasting his time where he is. We could always farm out a couple of under 18,s to help them across the bridge.

Tremarco is past it, don't want another player in his mid 30's in the side when we are desperately short of energy and pace in most areas.