Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 31 Votes - 3 Average
Speculation thread
(08-02-2018, 10:54 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I'm 100% behind Fergie and Ketts but Don would have a lot to offer them if they indeed wanted it.

He's a awesome example to young players in what can be achieved if you work hard and play to your strengths. Forget the fancy haircuts and pink boots!

There's not many former County players who have played in the EPL and gained Scotland caps.

A no brainer to have him on board if he's an option IMO.

Exactly this ^^^

If money can be found to pay him I'd have him back in a player/ coaching roll asap, yes he's 35 and there's still plenty of gas in the tank.

(08-03-2018, 01:34 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Exactly this ^^^

If money can be found to pay him I'd have him back in a player/ coaching roll asap, yes he's 35 and there's still plenty of gas in the tank.

I’d have him in the centre of midfield ahead of Mr T Dingwall that’s for effing sure.

(08-02-2018, 10:54 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I'm 100% behind Fergie and Ketts but Don would have a lot to offer them if they indeed wanted it.

He's a awesome example to young players in what can be achieved if you work hard and play to your strengths. Forget the fancy haircuts and pink boots!

There's not many former County players who have played in the EPL and gained Scotland caps.

A no brainer to have him on board if he's an option IMO.

Unless we are needing another voice too many cooks spoil the broth ,I’d rather see a younger man with experience bringing competition between players on our road back I’ve put £ 40on staggies nose And that’s a fact , but everyone to their own that’s just old Buffs opinion Does mean it is right Or WRONG

(08-03-2018, 04:47 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I’d have him in the centre of midfield ahead of Mr T Dingwall that’s for effing sure.

I would too and I believe people will be moved on

(08-03-2018, 06:01 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: I would too and I believe people will be moved on

Coming from you that speaks volumes.

(08-03-2018, 06:43 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Coming from you that speaks volumes.

Pete I’ve said there should be no sentimentality in building a team , we have 2 managers with their ideas and plans and it is up,to them to make the decisions
On who goes out who comes in , I was running football club in Ameture league
Itvwas getting nearer to kick off My son and his mate No sign of them I told 2 young guys to put strip on ,was just going to fill,in teamsheet just as tge 2 bold boys arrived , I told them straight you are not playing that took a lot to say my son was good player back then and the goal keeper same They said we will never play for you again I said problem solved then ,but they turned up for training nothing said ,
We were playing Maryburgh across the river next game I read out team yes my son and keeper omitted , sentimentality And I hope Ketts and Fergie do same My son did sign for County But both he and goalkeeper were always on time , but now they were never gaurunteed a place The younger boys were not as good because they needed game time , one became captain of Ross County

(08-02-2018, 12:36 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: But equally, what do we as a club owe him? He won the League Challenge Cup with us, but he also captained us to relegation and joined our rivals for free - who then DID get a fee for him. (That's a deliberately cynical telling of his time with us, I'm playing devil's advocate).

To be fair, that was a poor, poor County side with a manager who was out of his depth. Keddie and Dowie at centre half with Samson behind them still makes me break into a cold sweat.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(08-03-2018, 06:01 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Unless we are needing another voice too many cooks spoil the broth ,I’d rather see a younger man with experience bringing competition between players on our road back I’ve put £ 40on staggies nose And that’s a fact , but everyone to their own that’s just old Buffs opinion Does mean it is right Or WRONG

I would too and I believe people will be moved on

We need to speed things up in middle of field cowie would be too slow

Fot those there yesterday vigurs was good and intelligent. Looked fit and run well, injury behind him. Some of his ball speading was a joy and what we have lacked for a while. Cowie would better this and IMO would be one of the best midfield in league.

If he wants (nobody actally knows do they) sign him up. I think he is married to a lassie footie player (also playing) so may not be so easy to relocate but id have him and if she is good enuf sign the other half 2. Think out the box.
Cant be many clubs with a couple actually playin

(08-05-2018, 09:58 AM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: Fot those there yesterday vigurs was good and intelligent. Looked fit and run well, injury behind him. Some of his ball speading was a joy and what we have lacked for a while. Cowie would better this and IMO would be one of the best midfield in league.

If he wants (nobody actally knows do they) sign him up. I think he is married to a lassie footie player (also playing) so may not be so easy to relocate but id have him and if she is good enuf sign the other half 2. Think out the box.

Right now Cowie would not do a better job than Vigurs at this point if time he would nit lace Vigurs boots ,
Support the guys we have at County

(08-05-2018, 09:58 AM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: Fot those there yesterday vigurs was good and intelligent. Looked fit and run well, injury behind him. Some of his ball speading was a joy and what we have lacked for a while. Cowie would better this and IMO would be one of the best midfield in league.

Eh?

Women's football is real. There's a professional league and everything. There is an amateur Ross County Ladies team out there but we don't have a professional team here, and I can imagine that if we did, Cowie's partner would not want to take a step down, particularly if already signed to Glasgow City or Hibs. Women don't just follow their man in every case in the 21st Century.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(08-05-2018, 12:36 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Right now Cowie would not do a better job than Vigurs at this point if time he would nit lace Vigurs boots ,
Support the guys we have at County

Not to replace but play alongside a much missed and rejuvinated Vigurs whom was my MOTM yesterday.

I do support but we need depth and quality to get rite back up. It will be more brutal this season as the quality of player is generally less and likely increase with mistimed tackles and with this i predict more absentees due to a higher injury rate so a quality squad required

(08-03-2018, 07:51 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Pete I’ve said there should be no sentimentality in building a team , we have 2 managers with their ideas and plans and it is up,to them to make the decisions
On who goes out who comes in , I was running football club in Ameture league
Itvwas getting nearer to kick off My son and his mate No sign of them I told 2 young guys to put strip on ,was just going to fill,in teamsheet just as tge 2 bold boys arrived , I told them straight you are not playing that took a lot to say my son was good player back then and the goal keeper same They said we will never play for you again I said problem solved then ,but they turned up for training nothing said ,
We were playing Maryburgh across the river next game I read out team yes my son and keeper omitted , sentimentality And I hope Ketts and Fergie do same My son did sign for County But both he and goalkeeper were always on time , but now they were never gaurunteed a place The younger boys were not as good because they needed game time , one became captain of Ross County

Buff

Still good to hear your old stories.
Gogs was indeed a good player.
Jury is still out on the KEEPER!
Only joking, of course, wasn't a bad keeper for a brickie!
Were they held up in the Conon Hotel, keeper trying to catch a pint?
Back to the facts!
There is no room for sentiments in football, it is a serious business at this level, get it wrong and it costs the club a lot of money.
Therefore if any player is not pulling their weight, time to get moved on.
I would love to see several locals playing at this level and in the premiership if we get back up this season.
But, if they are not good enough, then we have to look elsewhere.
Unfortunately it is a business nowadays and it has to pay it way to a certain degree.
The big teams will reflect on this, if they are struggling, they will not hesitate to take in loan players from English clubs.
Look at Celtic a couple of seasons back, more loans a than Conon keeper had shut outs.
Or, is it more loans than Gogs was booked?

Don Cowie to ict if we're not interested?

With Barry Wilson coaching there now, I'd think it's more likely Don will join him there before going to Brora.

As I've said before, I'd far rather Don became part of our coaching team.

(08-07-2018, 08:56 AM)frankthetank Wrote: Don Cowie to ict if we're not interested?

With Barry Wilson coaching there now, I'd think it's more likely Don will join him there before going to Brora.

As I've said before, I'd far rather Don became part of our coaching team.

With his wife still employed in the south of Scotland is it more likely he will go to a club down there meantime?

(08-07-2018, 10:43 AM)the reaper Wrote: With his wife still employed in the south of Scotland is it more likely he will go to a club down there meantime?

I heard Livi linked with him at the weekend

Dow on his way out? Maybe even to them!

From today's P&

Ross County will listen to offers for attacker Ryan Dow.

Former Dundee United player Dow has been with the Staggies since September 2016, having joined following his departure from the Tannadice club. The 27-year-old has made 54 appearances for County, netting once.

Although Dow signed a new contract with the Dingwall club earlier this summer, the attacker has seen his competition for a striking place increase following the additions of forwards Brian Graham, Declan McManus and Ross Stewart.

Dow turned out in last midweek’s IRN-BRU Cup tie against Hearts however he was not on the bench for Sunday’s Betfred Cup defeat from Hibs.

County co-manager Steven Ferguson confirmed talks have taken place with Dow, and he said: “We have had a discussion with Ryan and we are willing to listen to offers, whether that be on loan or a permanent deal.”

Although no offers have been made for Dow, County’s Highland rivals Caley Thistle are believed to be among a number of Championship clubs interested in the Dundee-born player.

We re also looking to put Greg Morrison out on loan, with Clyde, Elgin and Stranraer interested (P&J yesterday).

(08-22-2018, 08:27 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: We re also looking to put Greg Morrison out on loan, with Clyde, Elgin and Stranraer interested (P&J yesterday).

Apparently he is joining Clyde on loan according to today's P&J

(08-06-2018, 12:33 PM)Harry Gow Pie Staggie Wrote: Buff

Still good to hear your old stories.
Gogs was indeed a good player.
Jury is still out on the KEEPER!
Only joking, of course, wasn't a bad keeper for a brickie!
Were they held up in the Conon Hotel, keeper trying to catch a pint?
Back to the facts!
There is no room for sentiments in football, it is a serious business at this level, get it wrong and it costs the club a lot of money.
Therefore if any player is not pulling their weight, time to get moved on.
I would love to see several locals playing at this level and in the premiership if we get back up this season.
But, if they are not good enough, then we have to look elsewhere.
Unfortunately it is a business nowadays and it has to pay it way to a certain degree.
The big teams will reflect on this, if they are struggling, they will not hesitate to take in loan players from English clubs.
Look at Celtic a couple of seasons back, more loans a than Conon keeper had shut outs.
Or, is it more loans than Gogs was booked?

As Ali said Gogs good player never sent off for dirty play but at referee fir decisions against his team ,he did play for County ,but was in dugout for too long so moved on , yes we all,need to back staggies management ,I’m happy with Ketts and Fergie