Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 31 Votes - 3 Average
Speculation thread
With McManus in, I'd say the squad is already pretty well set from midfield forwards if we're to play a 4-3-3
Fox
(Munro)
New RB* New CB Fontaine New LB
(Grivosti-Culbokie**)
Lindsay Draper Vigurs
(R Dingwall) (Dykes) (New CM***)
Mullin McManus DKD
(Midge) (Mckay/Morrison) (Wallace/T Dingwall)

Mullin and Midge would be competent WBs if we wanted to go 3-5-2 as well, and I wouldn't be averse to seeing DKD at 10
* Naismith's going, folks. No chance is he staying (the only reason he's not been offered the wage cut of the others is so as not to invalidate his existing contract)
** Young CB Tom is allegedly changing his name by deed poll to something that'll hopefully give him more of a chance of making it. 2 senior keepers is the sort of luxury we may not be able to afford now, so wouldn't be surprised if young Munro is #2 keeper until Fox gets the inevitable injury and leaves us scouting the free agent market
*** Draper & Vigurs both picked up a plethora of bookings last season and while I think we're reasonably well-covered there, another former County midfielder's Instagram story suggests otherwise
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(06-06-2018, 06:26 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: The number regularly quoted by trolls for Davies is miles off the truth.

Trolls you say? Such a thing doesn’t exist on here surely?!

*ahem*

(06-06-2018, 09:26 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: another former County midfielder's Instagram story suggests otherwise

Who?

Mullins down the right- who would be down the left? DKD? Certainly not Vigurs, not sure he's got the legs for that these days.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

I am sure we would love to have said midfielder back at the club.

And I am sure his performances can be a joy to behold

(06-06-2018, 10:22 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: I am sure we would love to have said midfielder back at the club.

And I am sure his performances can be a joy to behold

Whooooooo!?

Woods...?

Is that a (love) joy to behold you say??

(06-06-2018, 11:05 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Is that a (love) joy to behold you say??

Thats an antique joke that one.

(06-06-2018, 09:22 AM)the reaper Wrote: No tears over that move away then.
Warren - I most sincerely hope not. We need a younger player who can be with us for at least two to three seasons to see us back into the SPFL and be part of a defence capable of moving up to that level. IMO we don't need someone who is approaching the twilight of their career and will be replaced in the next 18 - 24 months. Souttar back on loan could be a good option.

WE NEED SOMEONE WHO WILL BE AT THE CLUB FOR YEARS. SOMEONE TO BE WITH US FOR YEARS AND YEARS AND BUILD THE TEAM ROUND. ALL THESE SHORT TERM SIGNINGS ARE NO GOOD, WE NEED SOMEONE LONG TERM.

Harry Souttar on loan for 6 months will do the job.

*Facepalm*

(06-06-2018, 03:30 PM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: Staggiesawayfromhome should be able to pull that up for you on his spreadsheet, momentarily.

Don't think you need me to tell you what kind of wage he is on.

[quote="StaggiesAwayFromHome" pid='72532' dateline='1528323214']

WE NEED SOMEONE WHO WILL BE AT THE CLUB FOR YEARS. SOMEONE TO BE WITH US FOR YEARS AND YEARS AND BUILD THE TEAM ROUND. ALL THESE SHORT TERM SIGNINGS ARE NO GOOD, WE NEED SOMEONE LONG TERM.

Harry Souttar on loan for 6 months will do the job.

*Facepalm*

Sorry hope you didn't hurt yourself there. Just realised I didn't finish my sentence. It should read .....will do the job better if we're going for short term signings. My most sincere apologies for any harm caused as none was intended.

Frederic Frans anyone?

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/du...-defender/

(06-06-2018, 09:26 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: With McManus in, I'd say the squad is already pretty well set from midfield forwards if we're to play a 4-3-3
Fox
(Munro)
New RB* New CB Fontaine New LB
(Grivosti-Culbokie**)
Lindsay Draper Vigurs
(R Dingwall) (Dykes) (New CM***)
Mullin McManus DKD
(Midge) (Mckay/Morrison) (Wallace/T Dingwall)

Mullin and Midge would be competent WBs if we wanted to go 3-5-2 as well, and I wouldn't be averse to seeing DKD at 10
* Naismith's going, folks. No chance is he staying (the only reason he's not been offered the wage cut of the others is so as not to invalidate his existing contract)
** Young CB Tom is allegedly changing his name by deed poll to something that'll hopefully give him more of a chance of making it. 2 senior keepers is the sort of luxury we may not be able to afford now, so wouldn't be surprised if young Munro is #2 keeper until Fox gets the inevitable injury and leaves us scouting the free agent market
*** Draper & Vigurs both picked up a plethora of bookings last season and while I think we're reasonably well-covered there, another former County midfielder's Instagram story suggests otherwise

You’ve got the Dingwall brothers the wrong way round Tony is the midfielder and Russell is the striker

Is the lack of defender signings due to the lack of clarity on Kelly, Davies, Fraser and Naismith?

That's an entire back 4 that we don't if they're staying or going.

I know some of those are more likely to leave than stay, but Ben Gordon was "definitely" staying until a week later he wasn't, Davies was "definitely" going when we signed McEveley, etc.

(06-07-2018, 08:27 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: You’ve got the Dingwall brothers the wrong way round Tony is the midfielder and Russell is the striker

Both equally as poor as each other, so doesn't really matter.

(06-08-2018, 10:13 AM)staggie1746 Wrote: Is the lack of defender signings due to the lack of clarity on Kelly, Davies, Fraser and Naismith?

That's an entire back 4 that we don't if they're staying or going.

I know some of those are more likely to leave than stay, but Ben Gordon was "definitely" staying until a week later he wasn't, Davies was "definitely" going when we signed McEveley, etc.

Just heard Fraser signed a new deal, so the above picture is looking a bit better!

(06-08-2018, 10:13 AM)staggie1746 Wrote: Is the lack of defender signings due to the lack of clarity on Kelly, Davies, Fraser and Naismith?

Fraser has signed on again as of just now, so that's one.

https://twitter.com/RCFCStaggies/status/...1157349377

Peterborough are in pole position to get Naismith (P&J today).

Davies definitely offski I hear.

Hopefully there's a bidding war for Naismith £££ Smile

(06-09-2018, 10:01 AM)frankthetank Wrote: Hopefully there's a bidding war for Naismith £££ Smile

I have zero faith in the club getting more than ten pence in the pound for him.

Our defence currently looks like

Fox
Fraser Someone Fontaine Someone

I’d imagine two or three signings yet to come. The Belgian guy who used to play for Partick might be one of them.

Any more on Boomer?
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.