Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 31 Votes - 3 Average
Speculation thread
(06-04-2018, 10:35 PM)PooleweStaggie Wrote: See twitter rumours about Declan McManus? Funny, as I was heading in to Costa today two young 'footballer types' ☺️ came out with what I'm guessing was an agent. Didn't think anymore of it til I read the rumours about him signing and went to look up his record, going by the pictures I reckon it was him. Wonder who the other one was ?. Could be rubbish of course but thats what it looked like to me.

He didn't want to go to Chelsea then?

I'm sure all will become clear soon enough.....keep the eyes peeled on club announcements
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(06-05-2018, 11:30 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: I'm sure all will become clear soon enough.....keep the eyes peeled on club announcements

You can say a lot by saying nothing sometimes!!!

(06-05-2018, 11:36 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: You can say a lot by saying nothing sometimes!!!

:O) you know I like to keep you hanging....it's exciting

On a more serious note, unfortunately it's not easy for me as I don't want to steal the clubs thunder when it comes to breaking news!

Although I hear lots of stuff and the club engage with me, it would be incorrect of me to announce things before the club do - what's the point in that? I'd rather hear the full / correct story....

It's best the club announce things in the right manner, social media makes it impossible for people to have "new" stories...or "breaking" news...as someone inevitably spills the beans to someone, or everyone wants to be a sports journalist and then it kind of deflates a story and removes the excitement.

It's not very professional and the club use a scheduling package for their tweets which means they go out in a timed manner which is perfectly correct for company tweets..

(06-05-2018, 01:41 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: :O) you know I like to keep you hanging....it's exciting

On a more serious note, unfortunately it's not easy for me as I don't want to steal the clubs thunder when it comes to breaking news!

Although I hear lots of stuff and the club engage with me, it would be incorrect of me to announce things before the club do - what's the point in that? I'd rather hear the full / correct story....

It's best the club announce things in the right manner, social media makes it impossible for people to have "new" stories...or "breaking" news...as someone inevitably spills the beans to someone, or everyone wants to be a sports journalist and then it kind of deflates a story and removes the excitement.

It's not very professional and the club use a scheduling package for their tweets which means they go out in a timed manner which is perfectly correct for company tweets..

Don't worry Kenny. I've been married for 18years.........I know how to understand things that aren't necessarily said out loud!!!!!

(06-05-2018, 02:47 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Don't worry Kenny. I've been married for 18years.........I know how to understand things that aren't necessarily said out loud!!!!!

;O)

(06-05-2018, 10:42 AM)Strathglass Wrote: He didn't want to go to Chelsea then?

Accidents will happen!

(06-05-2018, 10:42 AM)Strathglass Wrote: He didn't want to go to Chelsea then?

You'd think he'd want to play for Olivier's Army.

(06-05-2018, 11:30 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: I'm sure all will become clear soon enough.....keep the eyes peeled on club announcements

Yyyyeessss Davis away to Hartlepool Who hung the monkey ,
Garry Warren woukd suit us

(06-05-2018, 06:59 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Garry Warren woukd suit us

No he wouldn't.

If Davies went to DW Sports would you have liked him to stay?

(06-05-2018, 06:59 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Yyyyeessss Davis away to Hartlepool Who hung the monkey ,
Garry Warren woukd suit us

No tears over that move away then.
Warren - I most sincerely hope not. We need a younger player who can be with us for at least two to three seasons to see us back into the SPFL and be part of a defence capable of moving up to that level. IMO we don't need someone who is approaching the twilight of their career and will be replaced in the next 18 - 24 months. Souttar back on loan could be a good option.

At least Davis's departure frees up a very high wage!

I see Ciftci has left Celtic. Would he be worth a punt?

Still nothing about Davies having left but keep in mind he is contracted until this time next year so unless we hear otherwise would assume he is staying

(06-06-2018, 11:03 AM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: At least Davis's departure frees up a very high wage!

I haven't seen anything to suggest Andrew Davies has left County, could you post a link to where you read it, or are you claiming to be ITK?

Also what is/was his wage that we'll save?

(06-06-2018, 01:31 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Also what is/was his wage that we'll save?

Staggiesawayfromhome should be able to pull that up for you on his spreadsheet, momentarily.

(06-06-2018, 12:10 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: I see Ciftci has left Celtic. Would he be worth a punt?

Still nothing about Davies having left but keep in mind he is contracted until this time next year so unless we hear otherwise would assume he is staying

I'd be amazed and delighted if Ciftci came here. Motherwell would be first in line in Scotland to hoover him up. Other Premiership sides will be more attractive than us.

Plus there are a few football teams outside of Scotland. Turkey, England and many other countries have them.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(06-06-2018, 01:31 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I haven't seen anything to suggest Andrew Davies has left County, could you post a link to where you read it, or are you claiming to be ITK?

Also what is/was his wage that we'll save?

Sorry I should have said 'if'.

Sufffice to say his wage was more than what anyone was on at Aberdeen, quote Derek McInnes. Think it's fairly well known what he was on. Not putting it on print on here. Ask about.

(06-06-2018, 05:58 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Sorry I should have said 'if'.

Sufffice to say his wage was more than what anyone was on at Aberdeen, quote Derek McInnes. Think it's fairly well known what he was on. Not putting it on print on here. Ask about.

Yeah you’re better being careful or the resident lawyers will be on your case.

I don’t think the Aberdeen thing was accurate this season but certainly was the first couple of years Davies was here.

(06-06-2018, 03:30 PM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: Staggiesawayfromhome should be able to pull that up for you on his spreadsheet, momentarily.

I don't think we've had an opinion yet on any potential Davies departure. I'm guessing the contents of that cell were accidentally cleared the day Staggiesawayfromhome went apoplectic over Billy Mackay re-signing on his Oscar-esque salary.

FWIW I'd be happy to see Davies move on. If he is such a high earner and has a season resembling last we'll be much better off without him. Thank you for your first couple of seasons, absolutely brilliant and helped bring the league cup to Vicky Park, going down as a legend, but we need to ruthless so see ya.

(06-06-2018, 06:06 PM)Iker Wrote: Yeah you’re better being careful or the resident lawyers will be on your case.

I don’t think the Aberdeen thing was accurate this season but certainly was the first couple of years Davies was here.

The number regularly quoted by trolls for Davies is miles off the truth.