Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 31 Votes - 3 Average
Speculation thread
(05-31-2018, 11:54 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: A birch tells me Naisy is staying Just saying

That'd be great news. Clearly he's going to be wanted elsewhere, but if the back four all stay, plus a new left back, I'd be very confident of having a solid season.

A left back and a striker, please, Kettleson/Fergiewell.

Craig Curran to Dundee United?

(06-01-2018, 03:21 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Craig Curran to Dundee United?

Yep - he's signed a three year deal with them - quite surprised at the length of the deal to be honest, but they obviously see him doing a job for them.....think we had the best of Craig when he was paired with Boyce - don't feel he was the same after the head knock and concussion incidents.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(06-01-2018, 03:55 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Yep - he's signed a three year deal with them - quite surprised at the length of the deal to be honest, but they obviously see him doing a job for them.....think we had the best of Craig when he was paired with Boyce - don't feel he was the same after the head knock and concussion incidents.

Think the drop in performance might be more to do with the loss of Boyce - though took him a while to get back to fitness. He is a good worker but not sure he is as natural or confident a finisher as he needs to be - though he can play well enough off a natural finisher like Boyce.

Good luck to Craig Curran. Great deal for him and I doubt very much that we’d have offered him a 3-year contract. He always put a shift in for us. A very good signing for our main rivals.

Seems Boomer may be coming back, Dumbarton manager saying talks have broken down, Chris wants to return to full-time football and County have offered him that. Although there's no quote from us.
Definitely has the talent, was a level above in any Dev games I saw a couple of seasons back, and remember was motm in his first team debut v D.Utd

(06-02-2018, 08:15 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Seems Boomer may be coming back, Dumbarton manager saying talks have broken down, Chris wants to return to full-time football and County have offered him that. Although there's no quote from us.
Definitely has the talent, was a level above in any Dev games I saw a couple of seasons back, and remember was motm in his first team debut v D.Utd

That’s be... unexpected. The last I saw of him was putting in a scandalous tackle on a live game on the telly. That said, I was very surprised when they released him, but I also heard that was more of an attitude thing as much as anything.

(06-02-2018, 08:19 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: That’s be... unexpected. The last I saw of him was putting in a scandalous tackle on a live game on the telly. That said, I was very surprised when they released him, but I also heard that was more of an attitude thing as much as anything.

We didn't see much of McLaughlin in the first team but I seem to remember he did alright. I guess our management team will know what they are getting - if this is any more than speculation.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(06-02-2018, 11:46 AM)Les Westander Wrote: We didn't see much of McLaughlin in the first team but I seem to remember he did alright. I guess our management team will know what they are getting - if this is any more than speculation.

Yeah. Kettleson will know very well who they are signing and what he's capable of. He and Kelly will make a solid if unspectacular left back duo.

(06-02-2018, 08:15 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Seems Boomer may be coming back, Dumbarton manager saying talks have broken down, Chris wants to return to full-time football and County have offered him that. Although there's no quote from us.

Good rumour.

Initially sounds unlikely but could be good for both player and club.

Forgot to mention that was from today's P&J, so more substance than a rumour.

It’s probably absolutely nothing. Saw Davies kicking about Glasgow yesterday. Maybe talking to a club down that area or the out skirts? Partick? St Mirren? Motherwell? Kilmarnock? Might be going to see Ed Sheeran even ?

(06-02-2018, 11:53 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Yeah. Kettleson will know very well who they are signing and what he's capable of. He and Kelly will make a solid if unspectacular left back duo.

Fergiewell in the loop on this one too?

(06-03-2018, 11:22 AM)CraigyStaggie Wrote: It’s probably absolutely nothing. Saw Davies kicking about Glasgow yesterday. Maybe talking to a club down that area or the out skirts? Partick? St Mirren? Motherwell? Kilmarnock? Might be going to see Ed Sheeran even ?

Think likely to be the latter.
Half the Highlands at Ed Sheerio.

Likely still be in Glasgowon Wednesday trying to get away from Hampden.
Shambolic transport to ground and no wonder they are thinkin of movin

(06-03-2018, 12:29 PM)the reaper Wrote: Fergiewell in the loop on this one too?

Is the agreed terminology Fergiewell or Kettleson? I prefer the latter.

(06-03-2018, 02:03 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Is the agreed terminology Fergiewell or Kettleson? I prefer the latter.

Kettleson definitely rolls off the tongue better, as it were

Ferglewell originally suggested not Fergiewell. Hence why it doesn't roll off the tongue so well.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Kettleson sounds like a 6ft 7 Icelandic striker we'll sign amid considerable fanfare, only to be released after a handful of ineffective sub appearances
Is Ferglewell not on Craggy Island?
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Ferglewell

One who is proficient at performing "Teenage Kicks" at Karaoke but not so proficient at Subbuteo.

See twitter rumours about Declan McManus? Funny, as I was heading in to Costa today two young 'footballer types' ☺️ came out with what I'm guessing was an agent. Didn't think anymore of it til I read the rumours about him signing and went to look up his record, going by the pictures I reckon it was him. Wonder who the other one was ?. Could be rubbish of course but thats what it looked like to me.