Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 30 Votes - 3.07 Average
Speculation thread
(05-15-2018, 02:41 PM)MarkPockets Wrote: You need senior players too. Cant rely on 23-25 year olds.

Of course, but a three year deal is a bit excessive. Especially for someone you don't need to negotiate too hard for.

(05-15-2018, 02:43 PM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: Getting slightly embarrassing how we rely so much on ICT players, but never mind. A player with Championship experience who'll improve us in the centre of the park.

Yes.....of course we do........nothing in the fact that the players that used to play for them are some of the weakest in the squad this season. And only 1 bought directly from them. Buying players from Inverness just makes sense as the players are already in the area anyway. The toughest part of signing players for us is still getting players to the area so if you can sign good enough players already in the area, or who know what the area is like, you're going too.

(05-15-2018, 09:56 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Heard a rumour on Saturday that Midge had signed a pre-contract with Hamilton, can't see that one myself, think Dundee seem quite close to grabbing him....can see a few of our players being snapped up...

Sad to see Schalk going, and hearing that Tumilty and Routis are away as well....a few others will no doubt be heading away....

How do we know Schalk and Routis are leaving? Where can I read that? I'd be interested in a thread with definite goings and comings - not Trump Transfer news.

(05-15-2018, 05:09 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: I'd be interested in a thread with definite goings and comings - not Trump Transfer news.
This is literally called "Speculation Thread". Not "Confirmed Transfer News".

(05-15-2018, 05:09 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: How do we know Schalk and Routis are leaving? Where can I read that? I'd be interested in a thread with definite goings and comings - not Trump Transfer news.

I met Schalk after the game in Perth and asked him was he away. He said he didn't know what was happening.

(05-15-2018, 02:43 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Of course, but a three year deal is a bit excessive. Especially for someone you don't need to negotiate too hard for.

We are down because of senior players a 25 year old should be good enough

(05-15-2018, 06:11 PM)Skipper's Covie Wrote: I met Schalk after the game in Perth and asked him was he away. He said he didn't know what was happening.

We need changes and that includes Schalke time to move on we have made good signing in Vigurs best ICT player hecwill give us dig ,great passer of a ball ,plus Dingwall,connections

(05-15-2018, 05:18 PM)MarkPockets Wrote: This is literally called "Speculation Thread". Not "Confirmed Transfer News".

Yes of course you're right and a speculation thread's always good craic. I meant it would be good to have another thread "Confirmed Transfer News" so those of us not in the know can be put in the know.

There is already a thread

(05-15-2018, 06:28 PM)Stag76 Wrote: There is already a thread

With a bit of needle ( darn it)

(05-15-2018, 07:14 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: With a bit of needle ( darn it)

Good point!

(05-15-2018, 10:18 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Good point!

What do you think we are? A bunch of knitters?

(05-15-2018, 05:09 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: How do we know Schalk and Routis are leaving? Where can I read that? I'd be interested in a thread with definite goings and comings - not Trump Transfer news.

Heard it from someone who spoke to him on Monday when he was in collecting his stuff from the club, he was then heading to clear out his flat.....but that could also mean that he's just heading home to Holland to review the offers he's had ?
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(05-16-2018, 11:53 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Heard it from someone who spoke to him on Monday when he was in collecting his stuff from the club, he was then heading to clear out his flat.....but that could also mean that he's just heading home to Holland to review the offers he's had ?

Sounds to me like he is offski.

(05-16-2018, 12:09 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Sounds to me like he is offski.

We'll know more by the end of the week I suspect...
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(05-16-2018, 12:09 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Sounds to me like he is offski.

Wouldn't be surprised tbh

If Alex goes we are left with Curran & Mackay as our strikers as Mickelson has left.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

(05-16-2018, 03:40 PM)murray aberdeen stagg Wrote: If Alex goes we are left with Curran & Mackay as our strikers as Mickelson has left.

Aye that's if they stay!!

I'd be quite happy if loads more of them left, let's be fair none of them have set the heather alight recently and I'm sure they're on a decent wage.

Free up the cash and let Fergie&Kets get some young fresh blood into the squad.

As we all know the management setup was not right, but the players have to be more answerable than they have been I think. They can't blame Coyle for everything as it was a good squad that was underperforming as a team and individually.

(05-16-2018, 04:45 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: As we all know the management setup was not right, but the players have to be more answerable than they have been I think. They can't blame Coyle for everything as it was a good squad that was underperforming as a team and individually.

^^ Spot On ^^
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)