Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Votes - 3.14 Average
Speculation thread
(05-13-2018, 08:55 AM)Stag76 Wrote: Like I said earlier Gardyne can go, was quick enough to move to Dundee United and only came back because could not get a game for them. Has been great for County in the past but time for something new!

he moved to Dundee United for his wife!!

(05-14-2018, 07:25 PM)ImportStaggie Wrote: he moved to Dundee United for his wife!!

Fans demand undying loyalty from players and managers, they must forego any thoughts of their own lives.
Don't expect fans to show any such loyalty to players and managers when things aren't going the way they like it though.

(05-14-2018, 07:25 PM)ImportStaggie Wrote: he moved to Dundee United for his wife!!

If there were personal reasons for him moving to Dundee Utd then I would understand that, however more often than not it is because family do not want to move and they don’t like being away from home. Looking at the press today though it would suggest he could be leaving.

Daily Record are reporting that Aberdeen are interested in Naismith - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot...t-12535214

Whilst anything they say needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, they mention that he would be able to leave on a free under freedom of contract.

(05-15-2018, 09:41 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: Daily Record are reporting that Aberdeen are interested in Naismith - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot...t-12535214

Whilst anything they say needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, they mention that he would be able to leave on a free under freedom of contract.

This was rumoured mid-season with Tansey being offered in the opposite direction as part of the deal....?
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(05-15-2018, 09:52 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: This was rumoured mid-season with Tansey being offered in the opposite direction as part of the deal....?

Can't see Tansey playing in the Championship.

Heard a rumour on Saturday that Midge had signed a pre-contract with Hamilton, can't see that one myself, think Dundee seem quite close to grabbing him....can see a few of our players being snapped up...

Sad to see Schalk going, and hearing that Tumilty and Routis are away as well....a few others will no doubt be heading away....

(05-15-2018, 09:56 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Sad to see Schalk going, and hearing that Tumilty and Routis are away as well....a few others will no doubt be heading away....

Including a few of the non playing staff which is often overlooked.

Will be disappointing to see some players go, but have to agree with the comments regarding the non-playing staff who have probably performed well this season but are now victims of circumstance beyond their control.

Looking forward to a fresh start though with new faces brought in.

The Sun *sigh* are saying we are after Fraser Fyvie... probably as much truth as the earth being flat...

With the budget being massively cut, it is almost inevitable that those players out of contract would leave. Didn't Roy say on STV News last night that there wouldn't be much cut from non-playing staff, at least that's what I thought he said?

(05-15-2018, 11:02 AM)ELincognito Wrote: The Sun *sigh* are saying we are after Fraser Fyvie... probably as much truth as the earth being flat...

Roy's statement of intent makes agents' bargaining position with other clubs much stronger. Fyvie won't be the last name to be leaked to the papers.

(05-15-2018, 11:07 AM)Elvis Peffrey Wrote: With the budget being massively cut, it is almost inevitable that those players out of contract would leave. Didn't Roy say on STV News last night that there wouldn't be much cut from non-playing staff, at least that's what I thought he said?

Correct, the off the field team needs continuity and a strong team at the club as they will still have to generate finances from hospitality and merchandise and effectively still run the business...

I see Caley thistle twitter has announced Vigurs is leaving to come to us??

Yep, confirmed here: https://twitter.com/ICTFC/status/996374700770185217

Not too sure about that, three year deal?!

I enjoy this very much. 30 year old who played well in the championship last season and won 2 POTY awards at his club. Without the added back story, it's still a great signing. 3 year deals are exactly the length of deals we should be handing out.

(05-15-2018, 02:25 PM)MarkPockets Wrote: 3 year deals are exactly the length of deals we should be handing out.

Maybe to someone in their mid twenties, but to a lad who literally lives in the town and is 30 years old. Not so sure.

You need senior players too. Cant rely on 23-25 year olds. 33 at the end of his contract is not that bad of an age.

(05-15-2018, 02:25 PM)MarkPockets Wrote: I enjoy this very much. 30 year old who played well in the championship last season and won 2 POTY awards at his club. Without the added back story, it's still a great signing. 3 year deals are exactly the length of deals we should be handing out.

I hear we offered him a 2 year deal but he would've signed on at ICT if we didn't up it to match the 3 they offered, so that's why. Good signing IMO.

Getting slightly embarrassing how we rely so much on ICT players, but never mind. A player with Championship experience who'll improve us in the centre of the park.

This signing and Roy's comments certainly sound as if we're going to chuck a load of cash at it and try and buy the league this year. Slightly worrying that Roy still thinks money is the answer to any problem.