Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 27 Votes - 3.15 Average
Speculation thread
It's practically taken word for word from the supporters meeting from what I can remember. A journo who just watched periscope?
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Chris Eagles currently training with the squad.

(11-14-2017, 01:20 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Chris Eagles currently training with the squad.

Left midfielder, who has started playing centrally in his later days.  A left sided Jim O'Brien, if you will.

At one point Eagles was a very useful player in the English second tier at Burnley. Haven't heard much of him recently.

Eagles played under Coyle at both Burnley & Bolton. Coyle signed him both times so is obviously keen on him and has talked well of him in the past. Would be a good signing for us.

(11-14-2017, 03:44 PM)Despot Wrote: At one point Eagles was a very useful player in the English second tier at Burnley. Haven't heard much of him recently.

I thought he was a very useful player in the top tier for them too.
Played a full season in the Premiership for Bolton too.
Guy has/had real quality.

He's 31, turns 32 in a few days, so hopefully he's still got something to offer.

If he's still got the legs for it and can show the quality he has done previously then I think he can be a good addition, at least short term.

If I remember rightly, his technique with the ball at his feet is excellent, which is something we lack sometimes. Will be interesting to see where he fits in, if he still has the legs he could certainly do a job as a winger. If he's planning playing him more centrally, then we're starting to get pretty heavy on centre mids.

Anyone know how Chris eagles trial went? I thought a decision was going to be made after the weekend.

(11-22-2017, 09:11 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Anyone know how Chris eagles trial went?  I thought  a decision was going to be made after the weekend.

Coyle on stv news last night and said the club has made him an offer and he has gone back down south to discuss with his family.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

Scuttlebutt on Twitter suggests he flew back up and Coyle wants the deal completed some time today.

Signed.

Signed up until the end of the season.

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...is-eagles/

Interested to see what he brings to the team - maybe see him feature on Saturday....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

If he can stay fit, he could have a bit of a Chris Burke effect...

11-24-2017, 06:38 PM
If he can stay fit, he could have a bit of a Chris Burke effect...

What I would like to see from Chris Eagles is a an attempt to try and earn a place (more than Chris Burke did at County or has done at Killie ) I cannot see Coyle signing him for old time sake not only that he went back south to see what his family said ( County are a family club and we signed him) so when he plays let the support know he is welcome

It'll soon be January, we need a decent left back for a start..

Some more steel in the middle should also be essential. O'Brien is a battler, albeit with occasionally less than stellar tackling skills, but the others alongside him are pretty lightweight, especially when the going gets tough. It's no coincidence that our most beloved midfielders in recent memory were willing to fight for the shirt, Ketts, Richie B etc.

I would honestly wish JOB didn't tackle, it's the biggest weakness in his game. Other than that, he's our most creative central midfielder by a distance.