Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County Vs Hamilton (enforced changes)
Massive game on Saturday - our final home game so let's hope we can hit the 4,000 mark through the gates!

Unfortunately a few changes being forced due to both Boyd and Brown being suspended for this one - I'd go with the team below:

-----------------------Reguero----------------------
------------------------------------------------------
Fraser--------Burges-----------Quinn-----Reckord
Gardyne----------Irvine------Woods-------De Vita
-------------------Boyce-------Curran--------------

Subs: Meite, Dingwall, Sernas, Quinn, Kiss, MacLeod, Saunders

Huge game (3:1) - Mon the Staggies!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Goalkeeper change is easy one to predict, not so with center half. Not seen either Burgess or Meite so can't really comment on them, I know it doesn't stop some people!!

What I will say, and prepare to be disagreed with, is that if required Saunders will do a good job in Boydee's abscence. I realise that Saunders is a right sided CB but I think he's versatile and experienced enough to handle it.
Not everyone will agree, that's the idea of public forums, but Saunders is a good player and I would be quite happy if he was given another years contract.

Honest and sarcastic comments would be much appreciated!!!!

P.s I reckon the rest of that team is a stick on!!!

Id go with Saunders too. It's a difficult one without much to go on regarding Miete or Burgess.

Although given hes very injury prone, we would need a decent CB on the bench for sure!

One last edit... What about Sernas, he can play anywhere!

(05-12-2015, 10:16 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Id go with Saunders too. It's a difficult one without much to go on regarding Miete or Burgess.

Although given hes very injury prone, we would need a decent CB on the bench for sure!

One last edit... What about Sernas, he can play anywhere!

Well done Pete, you covered my remit.

That was both honest and sarcastic!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

I know a lot of supporters will not agree but I think that Richard Brittan and Jackson Irvine should play in midfield with Woods going onto sub bench because he does not work back into a defensive role. With Brittan on the field this would allow Irvine more chance to get into an attacking role and we would have someone that can take a decent free kick and corner. Not sure about Sauders at CB would rather have Burgess or Meite. Would like to see Gardyne and Da Vita or Dingwall which ever one plays hitting the byline more often because Hamilton had there C B sent off last week and this should weaken there defence, with two good poachers like Curran and Boyce this should really unnerve them

Com on the county

Meite has been on the bench the last few games, so I'd expect him to come in for Boyd.

De Vita in for Dingwall, Dingwall had a good game last week but I don't think De Vita deserved to be dropped.

I was thinking the same, the fact Meite's been on the bench ahead of Burgess says to me that JM thinks a bit more highly of him. I do like Saunders though, even though he appears to be made of chocolate, it's a pity he hasn't really managed a proper run in the team

Irvine can also play centre half so that's a possibility
County till I die

Irvine makes a huge difference to our midfield.

This game we need him breaking up attacks, and pushing forward, making us tick.

I would bring in Meite or Burgess for Boydee.

(05-13-2015, 11:13 AM)Farr staggie Wrote: Irvine can also play centre half so that's a possibility

Remember him playing there once before( Dundee?) and it was the best he had played to date, had a fantastic game that day( has since got even better)

Meite will be played CB IMO, very experienced and echoing above, he's on the bench before Saunders and Burgess possibly indicating JM rates him higher.

We're due a win against Hamilton, please let it be Saturday!!

I'd have Saunders in beside Quinn as he's been playing regularly in the development team and quite well from what I've heard. He's also be playing in front of Reguero week in week out so that could be handy too.
I also think Saunders has a turn of pace about him which could come in handy as hamilton are likely to try to sit deep and hit us on the counter.

I haven't seen Meite play but his age would suggest that he's maybe not as quick as he once was (I'm guessing this obviously), and pace at the back could be useful.

(05-13-2015, 11:47 AM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Remember him playing there once before( Dundee?) and it was the best he had played to date, had a fantastic game that day( has since got even better)

Himself and frempha played that day looked immense ,

(05-13-2015, 05:24 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I'd have Saunders in beside Quinn as he's been playing regularly in the development team and quite well from what I've heard. He's also be playing in front of Reguero week in week out so that could be handy too.
I also think Saunders has a turn of pace about him which could come in handy as hamilton are likely to try to sit deep and hit us on the counter.

I haven't seen Meite play but his age would suggest that he's maybe not as quick as he once was (I'm guessing this obviously), and pace at the back could be useful.

Burgess is good player too,harder than Saunders ,but this weeks training will tell who comes in, de vita is feeling hamstring tightening.

I would still put a half fit De Vita in ahead of Dingwall as he is an intelligent and experienced player and even if he gave us 60 minutes tight hamstrings and all he would still have that bit of quality to create a goal or score one himself. Dingwall gives it his all but we need experience & quality ahead of bluster and effort. De Vita is the match winner on Saturday. Watch this space.

I think we've seen with Reckord in the last few weeks what happens when you play a player who's half fit.

I still think a half fit De Vita is better and more effective that Dingwall plus Reckord plays better with De Vita and they know when to cover each other and how to create space for each other. Dingwall still shows that inexperience of not holding position or covering. From what I hear De Vita is back near full fitness as regards his hamstring so expect him to start unless there is a reaction in training in the run up to the game. The lad is a class act and has the craft and guile to open defences and put in a killer ball. No coincidence the winning run started when he came into the team and forwards started scoring.

I agree De Vita is a quality player, but it depends on how fit he is.

The thought of having two half fit players down the left side in a huge game worries me a little.

We must hope that our result against the Academicals makes our result against Kilmarnock academic. Or something like that.

All players on the pitch must be 100 percent fit Dingwall is a great up and coming player but I to would prefer De Vita for this game

I would like to see Gardyne and De Vita playing wider with midfield getting a little more help from Boyce and Curren

Hamilton seem to play with one holding midfield player and two further forward two wide men and a striker.

This is going to make it harder for our midfield that' s why I think Curren or Boyce should drop deeper

As for a replacement C H I still think it will be Meite or Burgess

Please just let us win Come on the COUNTY

Haven't seen many dev games due to kick off times this season so can't comment on who is more likely to replace Boyd from Burgess/Meite/Saunders.

Very nervous about Saturdays game, its rather important.