Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Players out of contract
There's still work to be done but I am expecting us gather enough points to stay above eleventh spot so avoiding the play offs and therefore staying in the top division for another season.

There are 110+ players from the SPFL Premiership out of contract after this season.
The twenty one listed below are currently with us, who would you keep/add to make up our squad for the 2015 / 16 season?

Antonio Reguero, Mark Brown, Paul Quinn, Scott Boyd, Darren Barr, Ben Frempah, Steven Saunders, Rocco Quinn, Filip Kiss, Terry Dunfield, Richard Brittain, Joe Cardle, Graham Carey, Steven Ross, Jake Jervis, Liam Boyce, Ruben Palazuelos, Darvydas Sernas, Abdoulaye Meite, Raffaele De Vita, Craig Curran (21)

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/ross-...he-season/?

I'd keep the following -> Mark Brown, Paul Quinn, Scott Boyd, Ben Frempah, Steven Ross, Graham Carey, Jake Jervis, Liam Boyce, Ruben Palazuelos, Abdoulaye Meite, Raffaele De Vita, Craig Curran (I can't see Sernas staying), but if he was prepared to stay I'd keep him as I think he has potential.

We could do a lot worse than take in - Mark Ridgers, Jackson Irvine, Andrew Driver, Paul Lawson, Iain Vigurs, Gary Miller.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Meite and Sernas are as good as off, apparently.

I think majority of our current squad will stay if we stay up.

I don't see Kiss returning next season, but I think we'll sign Gardyne and Irvine when they're out of contract in the summer.

Reguero, Barr, Dunfield, Quinn, Cardle and Carey shouldn't be offered new contracts IMO. I think we can do better.

I would keep the following:

Mark Brown (as goalkeeping coach and back up), Paul Quinn, Scott Boyd, Ben Frempah, Rocco Quinn, Filip Kiss (if we can get him), Richard Brittain, Steven Ross, Liam Boyce, Ruben Palazuelos, Raffaele De Vita, Craig Curran (21).

My main priorities would be to get Jackson Irvine (see how we were without him on saturday), Michael Gardyne, and to sign a top line goalie, Mark Ridger would be my choice.

I'm no expert, but I'd try and keep as much of this squad together as possible. The first line is players I think it is most important to get signed up, the second line is players I would suggest keeping if they'd stay:
1. Jackson Irvine, Paul Quinn, Scott Boyd, Ben Frempah, Richard Brittain, Liam Boyce, Raffaele De Vita
2. Antonio Reguero, Mark Brown, Steven Saunders, Rocco Quinn, Filip Kiss, Graham Carey, Steven Ross, Jake Jervis, Ruben Palazuelos, Craig Curran (Martin Woods & Midge?)
3. Terry Dunfield, Darvydas Sernas, Abdoulaye Meite (not seen enough of them to know, but doubt they would stay anyway?!)

[quote='Northender' pid='49587' dateline='1430207362']
I'm no expert, but I'd try and keep as much of this squad together as possible. The first line is players I think it is most important to get signed up, the second line is players I would suggest keeping if they'd stay:
1. Jackson Irvine, Paul Quinn, Scott Boyd, Ben Frempah, Richard Brittain, Liam Boyce, Raffaele De Vita
2. Antonio Reguero, Mark Brown, Steven Saunders, Rocco Quinn, Filip Kiss, Graham Carey, Steven Ross, Jake Jervis, Ruben Palazuelos, Craig Curran (Martin Woods & Midge?)
3. Terry Dunfield, Darvydas Sernas, Abdoulaye Meite (not seen enough of them to know, but doubt they would stay anyway?!)

Have you been watching our revival?
These 3 players who only make your suggestion list have been integral in our upturn in fortunes. We've only won one game without midge all season and that was against what is turning into a v poor Dundee Utd(Midge couldn't play due to loan agreement).

Agree with most of your 1st choice list as ones to keep.

I'm also a big fan of Richie but he'll have to do better than he's shown this season to get any game time. I hope his injury probs are behind him, hopefully the reason for some poor performances.
I hope the fact that he was willing to sacrifice himself to try and help us out when we needed him earns him a 2year contract and we see the good leader and player we all know he is!!

I'd also like to keep Kiss, he's a class player.

Carey? would we notice? Doesn't look like he wants to be here so......goodbye!!!

Palazuelos is a good player so wouldn't be disappointed if he got a contract.

Need a new keeper IMO but would be happy if we kept Brown out of the two we've got already.

Rocco can still do a job for us

Steven Ross and Jake Jervis obviously have potential but may have to move back to come forward. I won't be dissapointed if we give them 1yr deals and them send them out on loan to get some game time.

Well that's my tuppence worth anyway Big Grin

Yes, sorry - Curran should really be on top line! And agree about Woods and Gardyne - i realise they weren't on original list as they were only on loan (i shouldn't have question-marked them!). I'd def like to keep Kiss (but didn't know whether he'd stay). I'd really like to see Jervis stay - think he offers something different and has real potential. So my revised list looks like this:
1. Jackson Irvine, Paul Quinn, Scott Boyd, Ben Frempah, Richard Brittain, Liam Boyce, Raffaele De Vita, Craig Curran, Martin Woods, Michael Gardyne, Filip Kiss (if he'd sign)
2. Antonio Reguero, Mark Brown, Steven Saunders, Rocco Quinn, Graham Carey, Steven Ross, Jake Jervis, Ruben Palazuelos

We wouldn't be able to offer Kiss anywhere near what he'll be on at Cardiff, reckon he might be at another English Championship club next year

I think we have to be realistic Jackson Irvine and Kiss will be on a salary far out of reach for us unlikely to stay.

Paul Quinn/ Martin Woods/ Liam Boyce/Craig Curran/Rafa De Vita I would like to think we have a good chance of keeping.

Michael Gardyne would likely have to take a major cut in salary but could be offset with a decent length of contract.

Scott Boyd deserves another contract as for the rest wouldn't be overly worried if they moved on I know it looks like wholesale changes again but the likes of Carey/Cardle /Saunders have been bit part players.

You could argue to keep one of the keepers as back up.

Frempah/Jervis/Ross would be down to salary for me.

We have a massive squad compared to some going to be quite a few let go.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

(04-28-2015, 01:27 PM)gudgie67 Wrote: I think we have to be realistic Jackson Irvine and Kiss will be on a salary far out of reach for us unlikely to stay.

Is Irvine realistically going to get a better offer in Scotland? I'm a big fan but I can't imagine a queue of clubs will be lining up to sign him.

(04-28-2015, 01:52 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Is Irvine realistically going to get a better offer in Scotland? I'm a big fan but I can't imagine a queue of clubs will be lining up to sign him.

TBH that's kinda what I'm hoping, plus the fact that he's been away playing with the Socceroos olympic team recently means that his good performances are been recognised back home too.
Hopefully the thought of a settled contract (by that I mean, not being sent out on loan) and regular 1st team football will entice him to sign on with us permanentlySmile

(04-28-2015, 01:52 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Is Irvine realistically going to get a better offer in Scotland? I'm a big fan but I can't imagine a queue of clubs will be lining up to sign him.

I think there's a good chance he might TBH. If not up here then in the English leagues or maybe even at home? You would think his recent performances with us and his international team won't have gone completely unnoticed.

Along with Midge he's top of my list to get signed up, think he's been fantastic for us.

Think we'll be really lucky to keep him. Fingers crossed.

(04-27-2015, 01:30 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Antonio Reguero, Mark Brown, Paul Quinn, Scott Boyd, Darren Barr, Ben Frempah, Steven Saunders, Rocco Quinn, Filip Kiss, Terry Dunfield, Richard Brittain, Joe Cardle, Graham Carey, Steven Ross, Jake Jervis, Liam Boyce, Ruben Palazuelos, Darvydas Sernas, Abdoulaye Meite, Raffaele De Vita, Craig Curran

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/ross-...he-season/?

Great news today about Boyce, Curran and MacLeod signing two year deals but I notice from the list of out of contract players on the first post and in the link on the first post that Martin Woods isn't on it.

Has Woods already signed up for next season (I hope so)??

Michael Gardyne being released by United .

Utd story here http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32541731

I would not like to be a Utd fan at the minute, losing players left right and centre and still happy to release good players by choice.

Fine - stay where you are loved Midge!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Staggie2509 - My thoughts exactly.

Don`t delay, sign him up on at least a two year deal before someone else does, although I do not think he wants to move.

I know we signed Boyce and Curran yesterday (good news), but we could do worse than look at Brian Graham, a target man and goal poacher.

(04-27-2015, 02:09 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: I'd keep the following -> Mark Brown, Paul Quinn, Scott Boyd, Ben Frempah, Steven Ross, Graham Carey, Jake Jervis, Liam Boyce, Ruben Palazuelos, Abdoulaye Meite, Raffaele De Vita, Craig Curran (I can't see Sernas staying), but if he was prepared to stay I'd keep him as I think he has potential.

We could do a lot worse than take in - Mark Ridgers, Jackson Irvine, Andrew Driver, Paul Lawson, Iain Vigurs, Gary Miller.

I agree with last line, disagree with keeping Quin Brown Carey Jervis,
We can do better,
I won't be at game Saturday. My dear friend has passed away

(04-30-2015, 06:09 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Utd story here http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32541731

I would not like to be a Utd fan at the minute, losing players left right and centre and still happy to release good players by choice.

I am surprised that united are getting rid of Brian Graham, i've always felt he was a good striker and would be an improvement on Jervis imo, would be good competition/replacement for Boyce too imo.

Brian Graham and Keith Watson are both decent SPFL players. County could do a lot worse than taking a gamble on either of them. I'd rather have Graham, though.