Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Scotland's national team
Status quo.

Nothing will change.

First time in a while i don't give a [censored] about how this game with Slovenia goes. Even if we win i can't see us getting 2nd anyway. England and Slovakia are better than us and that says something. They both aren't very great.

Wow, drew 1-1 at home to a team ranked 117th in the world....

It wasn't that long ago I had genuine optimism that we would make it to a major finals soon, I think it might be time for Wee Gogs to go.

Terrible. Watch us go beat Slovenia now and regain slight hope again.

(03-23-2017, 11:26 AM)CraigyStaggie Wrote: Terrible. Watch us go beat Slovenia now and regain slight hope again.

Wouldn't matter if we beat them 7-0, my hope is well and truly extinguished

Scraped that one, first half was excellent, second half less so. Griffiths looked like he wouldn't have scored if we'd left him playing til Thursday. Anya should've started, is consistently one of Scotland's top performers. Wee Gogs survives to fight another day, still have zero confidence in us getting anywhere near the finals!

(03-26-2017, 09:53 PM)Rocco Wrote: Scraped that one, first half was excellent, second half less so. Griffiths looked like he wouldn't have scored if we'd left him playing til Thursday. Anya should've started, is consistently one of Scotland's top performers. Wee Gogs survives to fight another day, still have zero confidence in us getting anywhere near the finals!

Watch us rip into the English and scrape our way through ,by courtesy of other teams doing favours. Lol????

(03-23-2017, 11:26 AM)CraigyStaggie Wrote: Terrible. Watch us go beat Slovenia now and regain slight hope again.

Ya Dancer Scotland, Russia here we come Big Grin Tongue

It's in our own hands the day. Just have to win against one of the meanest defences in the competition.

(10-08-2017, 01:16 PM)Despot Wrote: It's in our own hands the day. Just have to win against one of the meanest defences in the competition.

Even if we somehow find a way past them, there's a lot of very good teams in the playoff, I can't see us quaffing vodka with a big bowl of borscht next summer.

Another summer of laughing at England at least.

Was good while it lasted, was nice to be in it right to the death. I previously thought we had stagnated under Strachan,  it the last run of games have made me think we could maybe keep him on, see how he starts the Euro 20 campaign at least? Few issues need ironed out, like our choice of right back being either a converted left back or converted winger, although tierney has looked good.

ETA: also, stop picking Phillips, Martin and players that aren't playing for their clubs!

Not sure if Strachan's the man anymore, some of his tactial decisions and selections have been utterly headstratching.

No doubt a fair few of the current crop will retire from international football (Fletcher, mostly like) and we'll be left with another rebuilding job.

I thought the performance last night was dreadful, and unexpected following a decent showing on Thursday. What a let down. Still, it will save us the pain of the play-offs.

I've had enough. The selections are just baffling. Why aren't we seeing the likes of Armstrong? Burke? Why did it take so long to start picking Griffiths? Why still no Aberdeen players? Yes, our form picked up over the last year, but only in order to salvage the mess he created in the first place. Time to freshen it up with someone who's not a blinkered Old Firm has-been please.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(10-09-2017, 11:04 AM)Spain Wrote: I've had enough. The selections are just baffling. Why aren't we seeing the likes of Armstrong? Burke? Why did it take so long to start picking Griffiths? Why still no Aberdeen players? Yes, our form picked up over the last year, but only in order to salvage the mess he created in the first place. Time to freshen it up with someone who's not a blinkered Old Firm has-been please.

Far be it from me to defend Strachan, but just to point that Armstrong is currently injured and Burke has played 35 mins in the Premier League since joining West Brom.  It might have taken a long time to pick Griffiths, but at least he realised the error of his ways eventually.  I agree on the point about Aberdeen players.

We were third seeds and finished third.  We came very close to finishing second.  Yesterday didn't go as we'd hoped, but there's been pretty promising signs recently.  I won't lose any sleep if Strachan decides to walk, but would be content enough if he chooses to stay (we can be fairly sure the SFA will want to keep him on given how compliant they've been towards his previously).

Strachan's gone.

Malky MacKay as temporary manager... bit disillusioned by the thought of him ending up as permanent manager.

MacKay took over Brendan Rogers' decent Championship Watford side , nearly got it relegated, but finished 14th.

Then he went to a rich Championship Cardiff , got promoted, then got fired due to concerns about over-paying for signings, poor results at a higher level, crap style of play, and evidence that pointed to him being a bigot.

Went to Championship Wigan, where sponsors withdrew as a result, and got 19 points from a possible 72 (5 wins out of 24) and was fired.

None of that points to him being a good choice as Performance Director, responsible for overseeing the development of young players.

None of that points to him being a good choice as Scotland Manager, even if temporary.

Project Brave looking like a doomed cartel already should mean that the Performance Director job needs more focus, not the distraction of the national team.

Looks like poor decision-making throughout, as usual.

Will be interesting to see if they do a "red card against racism" with MacKay in charge.

The only good news about this is that it suggests the SFA aren't going to rush into appointing a permanent replacement. I don't think that Mackay should be anywhere near a position like this these days though.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.