Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Steven Pressley sacked
Steven Pressley was sacked by Coventry today.

Could you see him coming back to Scotland?

I thought he did well at Coventry overall, good young Scottish manager who plays attractive football.

(02-23-2015, 01:43 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Steven Pressley was sacked by Coventry today.

Could you see him coming back to Scotland?

I thought he did well at Coventry overall, good young Scottish manager who plays attractive football.

Kilmarnock?

OR!!!!!!!!!!!
Rangers???

Motherwell!

He can be as good as he likes as long as he doesn't come anywhere near St Mirren or Motherwell ;O)
Supporter Liaison Officer 

[Image: i6vyvzk2amvgjarcollf.gif]
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(02-23-2015, 02:55 PM)Harry Gow Pie Staggie Wrote: Kilmarnock?

OR!!!!!!!!!!!
Rangers???

Motherwell!

Can't imagine The Ranjurs would touch him, on account of being ex-Sellick

(02-23-2015, 05:18 PM)Roccos Wheelie Bin Wrote: Can't imagine The Ranjurs would touch him, on account of being ex-Sellick

Are you trolling? Pressley started his career at Rangers - 34 appearances between 1990-94, which according to Wikipedia is 15 more than he made at Celtic.

(02-23-2015, 01:43 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: I thought he did well at Coventry overall, good young Scottish manager who plays attractive football.

He became more and more negative at Falkirk as time went on. In his last season, he was wasting a side full of promising youngsters (Jay Fulton, Craig Sibbald, Conor McGrandles et al) to play ultra-defensive football that relied solely on Lyle Taylor's pace on the counter attack. They were low-mid table for most of the season in a poor, poor league beyond Partick Thistle, eventually rising to third on account of Dunfermline's implosion.

I didn't follow Coventry so I can't comment on that, but he got far too easy a ride at Falkirk because he spoke well in public.

(02-23-2015, 10:40 PM)john@THHP Wrote: He became more and more negative at Falkirk as time went on. In his last season, he was wasting a side full of promising youngsters (Jay Fulton, Craig Sibbald, Conor McGrandles et al) to play ultra-defensive football that relied solely on Lyle Taylor's pace on the counter attack. They were low-mid table for most of the season in a poor, poor league beyond Partick Thistle, eventually rising to third on account of Dunfermline's implosion.

I didn't follow Coventry so I can't comment on that, but he got far too easy a ride at Falkirk because he spoke well in public.

That's interesting actually, a big part of Pressley's reputation is that he plays attractive passing football.

Honestly, I didn't see too much of Falkirk, but his Coventry side played some decent passing football. A major reason why they're struggling is losing Callum Wilson to Bournemouth, he was probably League One's best player last season.

Would Motherwell be tempted? Barraclough, by all means, has been a disaster and I'm not convinced he'll last until the end of the season. Kilmarnock still haven't appointed a permanent manager either, have they?

It will be intriguing to see where Pressley goes next.

(02-23-2015, 05:18 PM)Roccos Wheelie Bin Wrote: Can't imagine The Ranjurs would touch him, on account of being ex-Sellick

This is true, but his time at celtic is much fresher in the minds of fans, remember they're pretty small-minded bunch down there, it takes less than that for them to hate players and managers.