Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
#TheMarchOfTheStag
After today's amazing win in Glasgow next Saturday cannot come quick enough. Not only taking place is Dark Blue Saturday II but to show support & backing for the team the fans are putting on their own sign of unity by carrying out a fans March through the town Centre through to the ground. Please pass on to all fans young and old as we want all fans wearing County tops and Colours, we want families etc. all involved. We are doing this to bring everyone together and get the atmosphere building in and around the town and ground pre kick off. We are asking all fans to also bring along with them County scarfs, banners and flags with them to be used as part of the March. Everyone is asked to meet in the Car Park behind Renato's and at 2pm the March will start led by a Piper all the way to the ground! If through out the week all County fans can share it on social media to all other Staggie fans but also if they can get trending #TheMarchOfTheStag. Let's really get behind the Team this Saturday and create a white hot atmosphere starting with the March at 2pm! C'MON THE COUNTY!

(02-21-2015, 11:41 PM)CulbokieCounty Wrote: After today's amazing win in Glasgow next Saturday cannot come quick enough. Not only taking place is Dark Blue Saturday II but to show support & backing for the team the fans are putting on their own sign of unity by carrying out a fans March through the town Centre through to the ground. Please pass on to all fans young and old as we want all fans wearing County tops and Colours, we want families etc. all involved. We are doing this to bring everyone together and get the atmosphere building in and around the town and ground pre kick off. We are asking all fans to also bring along with them County scarfs, banners and flags with them to be used as part of the March. Everyone is asked to meet in the Car Park behind Renato's and at 2pm the March will start led by a Piper all the way to the ground! If through out the week all County fans can share it on social media to all other Staggie fans but also if they can get trending #TheMarchOfTheStag. Let's really get behind the Team this Saturday and create a white hot atmosphere starting with the March at 2pm! C'MON THE COUNTY!

Great Post!

If there are too many supporters assembling behind Renato's, you could always move across the road to the County Buildings, plenty space there for organization etc.
Immoral Cow Den Bender

Great shout Cit Reath! Would be great if we could get that many to go and we needed the more space! Really want to make it a fun march through Dingwall and to create a bit of atmosphere! Posters have gone up about it but we really need to get it trending on social media to all the County fans to get them there early to meet up at Car Park! Really want it to be eye catching full of noise and County Colours! Some of the Dundee fans have picked up on it and they are turning up in Dark Blue as well as part of the day and are interested in joining in the march and my theory is the more the merrier is if it encourage atmosphere and the good in football with friendships in other clubs then I am all for it! Please pass on to all you know!

You better advise the local constabulary about these plans I think. Hope it goes well.

You not joining in Stuart?

Shared on FB and Twitter, agree with Stuart though that it would be best to advise the local Police in case they think it's a riot ;0)
Supporter Liaison Officer 

You need to contact both Highland Council and Police Scotland, they are likely to have serious concerns about a march through Dingwall with unspecified and unknown numbers. You will need permission to close the road to allow it to happen. If you can, you should get the club to organise it, they will have a better chance to get relevant permissions. You may have seen what happened when the Green Brigade attempted to march to Parkhead. The March was surrounded and prevented from going. Given the political fall out from that it's unlikely that they wouldn't take the same view of the same situation up here. Please check it all out.

Are the club still not keen on having flags at the matches? It would be great to have lots of flags waving while we marched down the street and into the ground. Remeber the scenes before the cup final.
Has he got a final baaaalllll???    Shalk's there!!!!

To be honest, I don't really understand what the point in this is. But good luck anyway. Council and Police are normally fairly helpful with letting these things happen as long as they get plenty notice.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

It's not an orange walk or anything political! It's just a fun walk through the town. It's just fans going to the game that all so the flow of the fans is going that way already. What do you mean Spain what the point is? It's just a bit of fun and a show of support. I take it you are not coming along to join in? This is just the equivalent of a group of fans meeting up at a pub pre match. Not wanting it to be seen as a thing where there are police etc involved. County and fans have never had an issue with police and we don't intend for this to be that way either. It's about celebrating fun and football that all!

(02-22-2015, 02:45 PM)CulbokieCounty Wrote: You not joining in Stuart?

I do it every home game, starting from the Caley bar Big Grin

I'm serious about advising the Police though, just going back to my pipe band days when we played in the high St most Saturdays, I'm sure they'll be supportive.

Or just ask David O'Connor, he can surely advise..

Stuart I have already sought advice on it and because it won't be thousands and it's down a predestrtian area on to an area where there is pavement and fans then go on to a pavement then there is no concerns. As I said it's just fans walking together to the game. Also it's not a high risk game so everyone understands that it is just a bit of fun which the authority's & police encourage! Totally understand if it was the capacity of the stadium heading down the town! Ha Ha Ha! Fair play Stuart but like Spain you are more than welcome to come along and join in!

I think Stuart has a point Steven ,can't see it being a problem though.
Even if it is perhaps we could have a plan b ,like meeting in the train station car park and walking over the bridge,no need for road closures etc then.

Although going through town would be preferable...

As discussed Embogary at the supporters meeting if there were any issues then we would just inform everyone to meet at the station as a plan b and walk from there but on all advice given there should not be an issue with the fans walking through the town to the ground as they would be heading that way anyway and it is just a fun walk in show of support of the club?

Better invite the 3 Caley fans if its a riot! Big Grin

This sounds like a great idea, and getting the Dundee fans along sends out the right message.

For all the time that it will take, it is 100% worthwhile lifting the phone to the Dingwall police station to give them a heads up. It could save you a lot of pain, and they might have a couple of minor pointers that they want you to follow.

Just don't inform the British Transport Police, or you'll all end up pepper sprayed.

Definitely worth a courtesy call to the local Police just to inform them of what is happening in case one wee yellow jacketed upstart thinks they can get above their station and get the truncheon out....oooer!

For all the time it'll take to walk down the high street - it's the end of the pedestrian part that will be the issue between Boots and Station monument - that needs to be marshalled....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Only 4 Days to go! Please keep sharing on social media and passing on through word of mouth to all Staggie fans! C'MON THE COUNTY!

Is this still going to happen? If so, I'll come along as I've got a very rare Saturday free and to myself Smile