NO then, YES now
YES then, YES now
YES then, NO now
Didn't/wouldn't vote
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Independence Opinions Now
In the light of recent opinion polls, I'm wondering how many of us would vote differently if the referendum was today. The poll above is anonymous.

I'd be interested to keep an eye on this, good idea for a poll.
Personally, I'm unchanged.

Interesting idea. 9 votes so far and no one's changed their mind since September.

(02-13-2015, 03:27 PM)Forfinn Wrote: Interesting idea. 9 votes so far and no one's changed their mind since September.

Look at the data though, only really Yes voters that have cast.

(02-13-2015, 03:38 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Look at the data though, only really Yes voters that have cast.

Apart from the No voters who have cast votes...

And why would that matter anyway? Why would Yes voters be so much less likely to have changed their mind since, that them saying they haven't changed their mind is pretty much irrelevant?

(02-13-2015, 04:03 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: Apart from the No voters who have cast votes...

And why would that matter anyway? Why would Yes voters be so much less likely to have changed their mind since, that them saying they haven't changed their mind is pretty much irrelevant?

Quite. Have you seen the price of oil lately?

The poll results so far tell us that no one has changed their minds since September and that 72.73% of Ross County supporters support independence.

You guys are missing the point I was making. At that point a lot more of the Yes voters confirmed they had not changed, but not so many of no voters, i.e. less of the no voters (that did vote no on the original poll) have turned up yet. The original poll was around 50/50 if I remember correctly?

(02-13-2015, 10:27 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: You guys are missing the point I was making. At that point a lot more of the Yes voters confirmed they had not changed, but not so many of no voters, i.e. less of the no voters (that did vote no on the original poll) have turned up yet. The original poll was around 50/50 if I remember correctly?

This poll is primarily to show who has changed their mind.
No-one who's voted so far has changed their minds.
Why does it matter most of the votes are by Yessers?

(02-13-2015, 10:37 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: This poll is primarily to show who has changed their mind.
No-one who's voted so far has changed their minds.
Why does it matter most of the votes are by Yessers?

Emm the poll has 5 answers, not just for people that have changed their minds?

The only way this poll will show anything is IF everyone that voted in the first poll votes in this poll, and the point I was making is that this has not happened, yet. It seems more of the yes voters from the first poll have voted in this poll than the folk that voted no. Not sure why I have had to explain this 3 times Wink

(02-14-2015, 08:41 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Emm the poll has 5 answers, not just for people that have changed their minds?

The only way this poll will show anything is IF everyone that voted in the first poll votes in this poll, and the point I was making is that this has not happened, yet. It seems more of the yes voters from the first poll have voted in this poll than the folk that voted no. Not sure why I have had to explain this 3 times Wink

I think its because we've interpreted the poll differently...

I thought it was just to see if folk would vote differently "In the light of recent opinion polls, I'm wondering how many of us would vote differently if the referendum was today."
So the way this poll will show anything is if folk who were eligible to vote in the referendum also vote in this poll.

The make-up of who votes here, or who voted on the last OTB poll, etc. is largely irrelevant to the validity of the results as far as I understand it. Its not a direct comparison to the original OTB poll.

I am interested to see if any side is more/less likely to have changed their mind than the other. But i still reckon there not being a 50/50 split in the yes and no camp on this poll is irrelevant.

Long winded way of saying I still disagree with/dont get your original point; but you only explained it twice after making your point rather than 3 times, so its not as bad as it looks Wink

Not looking for another explanation, just trying to better explain where I think we differ on this...

On a less boring note! 15 votes and still no-one changed there minds and still a sizeable majority of yes voters. Hope this poll takes off a bit and gets a few more votes.

Will folk that voted NO actually going to admit they would vote yes now though? Kind of the way I should have made this point in the beginning.

(02-14-2015, 09:12 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Will folk that voted NO actually going to admit they would vote yes now though? Kind of the way I should have made this point in the beginning.

I know of a few who have (not on here). Also this is anonymous, so you'd like to think folk wouldn't be shy?

You may have a point tho, could equally work both ways. May be yessers who were secretly relieved it was a no vote?

Wouldn't surprise me to see some folk switching, given the current state of Labour- Aberdeen North MP Frank Doran being just one of many expected to lose their seat

On a completely unrelated note, here's a yarn from my weekend:

I was in the Caley bar, and got chatting to a John Player special cigarettes executive, who regaled us with a tale of woe of how, as part of a divorce settlement, a huge chunk of his income is Arrested
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(02-16-2015, 11:20 AM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me to see some folk switching, given the current state of Labour- Aberdeen North MP Frank Doran being just one of many expected to lose their seat

On a completely unrelated note, here's a yarn from my weekend:

I was in the Caley bar, and got chatting to a John Player special cigarettes executive, who regaled us with a tale of woe of how, as part of a divorce settlement, a huge chunk of his income is Arrested

Was he Irish?

You guys really aar on form today.

In other news, we've had our first deviator from September after 22 votes. A switch from No to Yes.

Still just the 22 votes.
Maybe we should do a "guess the voter" or "guess the politician" to inspire some interest Wink

Up to 30 votes! Strong work.
Still just the one voter who would change their mind, and still a majority of Yes voters.
Whats gonna happen next?!