Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Macintyre & Dodds time to back them
Getting tired of hearing the calls to sack the manager.
Instead of the thread “Macintyre & Dodds time to go”
It should be ”Macintyre & Dodds time to back them”.
I realise that one or two folk on here are still pining for Derek Adams, time to let go, he has gone right or wrong?
Get yourselves along to the GES today and back the team.
It’s never over until the proverbial “Fat Lady Sings”.
The team and the management team need our support.

I would love to agree with you, really would but some of the teams and in game decisions have been bewildering. I am still on the fence about this one.

(01-24-2015, 12:01 PM)cdam Wrote: I would love to agree with you, really would but some of the teams and in game decisions have been bewildering. I am still on the fence about this one.

Ok!
I can’t disagree with you on team selections etc.
However they are not the first management team at Ross County to display similar tactics, DA frequently left out players that some of us considered to be our best, and Tony Dingwall never got a sniff under DA.
I said on another thread, give them until March, see where we are then, is that the best time, I really do not know? I wish I had a magic wand.
I guess we would love a new manger to come in and win every game that is the object of course.
However, general opinion is that the new management team were left a bag of broken crockery, they should be given time to get their players in and try and fix it.
Some folk on here are resigned to being relegated, I for one, will never! never! surrender, until it’s mathematically impossible, and I bet there are some players in the team with the same frame of mind, and if the rest are not in that frame of mind, then YES get shot of them. (Management included)
No individual, player director or manger is bigger than the club.

I agree with not giving in to relegation. But of course it is the hope that kills us. I remember not daring to believ we were promoted, even so far ahead, until it was mathematically certain. So I may say, yep we're gone, it's a defence mechanism, but in my heart I will be counting the games, the points and the goal difference, hoping, just hoping....

Won't it be sweet if we take something out of this. I'd accept a good committed performance right now.

Ross County's Slovakia international Filip Kiss feels like a Staggies STALWART in his second loan spell from Cardiff City, as 11 new players have arrived during Jim McIntyre's tenure and others have left.

(01-24-2015, 12:26 PM)Big Stag Wrote: Surprised by the timing of your post. Morning of a game. Do you know something we don't.

Absolutely not.
I have never ever posted rumours or any village gossip on here, (well none that I recall)
The thread it States “Time to Back Them”
Read the one below, it states the opposite; I know which one I would like to read if I was part of the team set up.
Imagine you are a player, director, or part of the management team, you are getting ready for the game; you sit down and relax with a cup of coffee, switch on the IPad, laptop etc., and you read???
I know what I prefer to read!

Would love to be able to back them out the door. Their record must be one of the worst of any management we've ever had. It is defeat after defeat defeat after defeat. They are totally out of their depth, their team selections are baffling and there is absolutely no progress under them. How they are still in the job is a mystery. Just my opinion.

(01-24-2015, 04:47 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: Would love to be able to back them out the door. Their record must be one of the worst of any management we've ever had. It is defeat after defeat defeat after defeat. They are totally out of their depth, their team selections are baffling and there is absolutely no progress under them. How they are still in the job is a mystery. Just my opinion.

They have won 2 out of 19 games. What is there to complain about and a new record of 7 home defeats in a row at home. Life is good is it not. At least I was warm today!
Chairman won't take action because he would then need to take the blame.

We have to back them - they are in charge - get behind them and the players!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(01-24-2015, 12:36 PM)Dont take my club away Wrote: Ross County's Slovakia international Filip Kiss feels like a Staggies STALWART in his second loan spell from Cardiff City, as 11 new players have arrived during Jim McIntyre's tenure and others have left.

AND?

(01-24-2015, 07:18 PM)Stag10 Wrote: Chairman won't take action because he would then need to take the blame.

Please give me an example why you think this is the way our Chairman operates. In my experience successful businessmen have no difficulty in accepting when they have made a mistake. One of the reasons why they are successful is that they do something about it.

How can you back them. I never thought I would see County lose 7 matches in a row at home under any management but JM & BD have seen to that. No progress has been made and pundits on TV and radio have said we have gone backwards as a club. Teams always use to find it difficult coming up here. 3 points out of 11 home matches is shocking and out of the cup against Hibs at home making 1 win in 12 at home. No wins in our last 10 matches in all competitions is any wonder fans are not coming to the games.

We have gone backwards in the last two seasons - only massive influx of players every January secured our place in the SPFL, prior to that last season we were rank rotten!

So it's not all JM&BD fault, it's the low-ambition shown by previous setup that has put us where we are, so what would you have us do, press the self-destruct button and sack another manager!!??

The judgement can come if and when we are relegated - but I'll still hold DA/GA as responsible as JM&BD for the mess we are in!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(01-25-2015, 11:33 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: We have gone backwards in the last two seasons - only massive influx of players every January secured our place in the SPFL, prior to that last season we were rank rotten!

So it's not all JM&BD fault, it's the low-ambition shown by previous setup that has put us where we are, so what would you have us do, press the self-destruct button and sack another manager!!??

The judgement can come if and when we are relegated - but I'll still hold DA/GA as responsible as JM&BD for the mess we are in!!

I agree with most of what your saying, but I was hoping that a new management would have galvanised us,even for a short period ,but it's been more of the same.
I do fear we are done for, but I live in hope

My view is that you support whoever's there. It doesn't mean you can't give constructive criticism, or occasionally throw a wobbly, but the other option seems to end up in constant negativity. if that's your bag, fine, it isn't mine.

(01-25-2015, 11:33 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: We have gone backwards in the last two seasons - only massive influx of players every January secured our place in the SPFL, prior to that last season we were rank rotten!

As everyone is aware I am pro DA & GA. I think Staggie2509 is a deluded character. To say we went backwards under them is staggering. In the last 3 seasons alone they won the 1st Division Championship, finished 5th and 7th in SPFL. I think that is excellent management. I know by your posts you don't get to all the games.

Some fans just need to see the light and see club made a massive error of judgement allowing them to leave. Only an opinion based on facts.

JM & BD have managed over the worst run of results at home in club history. Of their signings who have stood out. Would be I interested to hear you thoughts.

(01-25-2015, 11:51 AM)Dont take my club away Wrote: As everyone is aware I am pro DA & GA. I think Staggie2509 is a deluded character. To say we went backwards under them is staggering. In the last 3 seasons alone they won the 1st Division Championship, finished 5th and 7th in SPFL. I think that is excellent management. I know by your posts you don't get to all the games.

Some fans just need to see the light and see club made a massive error of judgement allowing them to leave. Only an opinion based on facts.

JM & BD have managed over the worst run of results at home in club history. Of their signings who have stood out. Would be I interested to hear you thoughts.
The problem facing us all is that they failed to build a coherent squad. Try naming one successful club who rebuild, not just their first team, but their entire squad each season? We're you saying this half a dozen games before the end of last season? I'm not one for statistics but I do seem to remember we weren't safe until the very end and only a particularly favourable set of results got us to seventh. They're gone, get over it.

Am I the only person who thinks Stag10 and Don't Take My Club Away are the same person? (And that person is a certain Derek Adams.. tee hee)

I'm involved with a couple of sport clubs and one thing that really irks is negativity and criticism that comes without any construction. It is SO easy to criticise current arrangements, any fool can do that. But to put forward any reasonable argument for improvements or restructuring is another matter.

So Im really looking forward to you couple of ignoramii telling our Chairman where he's going wrong and how he can improve things at the supporters meeting. Oh wait a minute, you won't. Because you can't. All you have is criticism with no constructive views whatsoever. Give us all a break.

(01-25-2015, 11:51 AM)Dont take my club away Wrote: As everyone is aware I am DA & GA

Fixed it for you