Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ipad 2
Do any of you own one? What can you tell me?

Giving serious consideration to a christmas present from Ciaran, to Ciaran.

They look a lot of fun and my laptop has a massive crack in the screen.

Any good/bad points? decent Apps to get?

I was planning one to stave away boring times offshore however... NO USB port, I heard the new Ipad 3 will have one... NO DISC drive....

I think in a few years the IPAD will be amazing however its still early days.
Highlander29

Yeah, I had thought about that. I see you get adapters on Ebay for cameras, USB etc... for less than a fiver.

It's not going to replace the laptop, but looks like more fun for dicking about with.

Away to bite the bullet at lunchtime.

How is the Ipad going down ? I cant get over how thin they are.
Highlander29

The other problem is that the default browser doesn't support flash media in a lot of Apple things. They are better tablets with more features slightly cheaper than an iPad. The range of apps will be across all formats eventually but apple does have exclusivity on some apps initially.

The hardware is not as good as other tablets on the market, but the apps are normally first on apple and they do market it ever so well.
YOINK

The amount of time apple update Itunes is a killer !!

The Sony tablet came top on which.
Highlander29

As Son of Earl says, I've fiddled about with IPads and the Sony tablet- and the Sony one is by far a better product. It will get outsold about 15 to 1 though.

I'm happy with the decision.

Sky Go was magic over Christmas to watch some football without going to the pub and with my dad's jakey Sky subscription.

I'm getting addicted to daft apps and games and can't put it down.

I read a lot that said that other tablets were technically better, but it's hard to resist the Apple brand when it is fine for my requirments. I'm a victim.

The lack of flash is a pain for spl highlights on the bbc, but i spend 9 hours a day at work for that... And I'm fast becoming the secondary user of it in the flat.

Whats football manager like on it ? Does it have the same level of detail ?

Highlander29

I've not got it yet, the detail being the reason why. I wasn't sure if I would get so into it if the database is much smaller.

Tiger Woods and Fifa are both pretty decent for the price.

I'm starting to wish I took the bus to work.

Database is essential for football manager. Can you run VLC media software ? I have a hard drive with plenty of films for offshore, I hear you can get a USB converter but will the softward available support the hardware ?
Highlander29

I'm not sure to be honest, still getting to grips with it.

Might be worth my while emailing myself a few short video clips in different formats to see which work and which don't.

Of course they will have done everything possible to ensure that you get your videos from Itunes and not from illicit sources.

(01-04-2012, 11:32 AM)Son of Earl. Wrote: Whats football manager like on it ? Does it have the same level of detail ?

I'm having a booze free weekend so treated myself to it.

I wouldn't bother with it really, it's an extremely stripped back version of the game. Very easy. I'll still play it but i think i'll be bored soon.

(01-04-2012, 05:41 PM)Son of Earl. Wrote: Database is essential for football manager. Can you run VLC media software ? I have a hard drive with plenty of films for offshore, I hear you can get a USB converter but will the softward available support the hardware ?

IS it clean or dirty films?

I finally bought an external hard drive for my offshore trips.

As long as your anti-virus is ok you should be sound downloading from the shard PCs offshore.
Highlander29