Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Celtic at home - Sat 24th Jan
Home to Celtic this week.

12:45 kick-off and live on Sky Sports.

Anyone giving us a chance here...?

Why not, we got a point at Parkhead....you'd have to think the players will be out to show the fans they are up for the fight ahead....and hopefully we'll have strengthened further before this match ?
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I just dont want a hammering

I don't think that will happen....

I'd play 3 in centre midfield for this and start Dingwall (he should be back) and Maatsen on the wings.

Sit back, stay compact and disciplined then hope to hit Celtic on the break with Dingwall, Maatsen and Boyce/Curran is our best option here IMO.

I'd expect at least one of our new CBs to start. The most likely is Burgess beside Quinn at CB, with Saunders at RB.

Kiss is available again so he'll improve the centre midfield. Kiss, Brittain and Irvine should be disciplined and experienced enough in centre midfield.

Celtic are playing tonight, so they should make some changes in an early kick off on Saturday.

saunders is worse at RB than he is at centre,I don't see the point of playing a man that can't tackle in defence.

(01-21-2015, 10:08 AM)JailendLoyal Wrote: I'd play 3 in centre midfield for this and start Dingwall (he should be back) and Maatsen on the wings.

Sit back, stay compact and disciplined then hope to hit Celtic on the break with Dingwall, Maatsen and Boyce/Curran is our best option here IMO.

I'd expect at least one of our new CBs to start. The most likely is Burgess beside Quinn at CB, with Saunders at RB.

Kiss is available again so he'll improve the centre midfield. Kiss, Brittain and Irvine should be disciplined and experienced enough in centre midfield.

Celtic are playing tonight, so they should make some changes in an early kick off on Saturday.

Irvine can't play against his parent club Sad

Marcus Fraser will be RB against his old club. JM stated he sees him as a direct replacement for Toshney and I quote “Marcus can play centre half or full back, but I see him more as a full back.
“He gives us cover and competition there with us deciding not to renew Lewis’ deal.

That said I am trying to second guess a JM lineup which seems a hard thing to do. Getting the formation right is even trickier.
I reckon Brown will return to the starting 11, in centre midfield!!!! ;-)

(01-21-2015, 10:20 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Marcus Fraser will be RB against his old club. JM stated he sees him as a direct replacement for Toshney and I quote “Marcus can play centre half or full back, but I see him more as a full back.
He gives us cover and competition there with us deciding not to renew Lewis’ deal.

Which implies he's backup. Which in turn implies we have a first choice right back Huh

I really can't get my head around Toshney having played on Saturday. It's as if McIntyre wanted to give him one last chance to prove himself before deciding whether or not he was going to renew his contract. In our most important, must-win game of the season so far. Mental.

(01-21-2015, 11:21 AM)Forfinn Wrote: Which implies he's backup. Which in turn implies we have a first choice right back Huh

I really can't get my head around Toshney having played on Saturday. It's as if McIntyre wanted to give him one last chance to prove himself before deciding whether or not he was going to renew his contract. In our most important, must-win game of the season so far. Mental.

Almost as unbelievable as telling a player from the sidelines during a game they had 5 minutes to earn another 6 month contract
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Need the pace of Maatsen & direct play of Dingwall.

We're in the unfortunate situation where this is a must win game for us, we don't want to start leaving too big a gap about us.

The gutter would be St Mirren getting something against Dundee Utd tonight.

Are you allowed to play with two goalies?

Reguero Brown
Fraser Burgess Boyd Quinn Saunders Reckford
Irvine Dingwall Kiss

I'd play the three midfielders in a holding role. I'd also take eleven yellow cards. All this just to keep the score down!

Is Irvine not club tied and unable to play

(01-21-2015, 09:20 PM)Double entry Wrote: Is Irvine not club tied and unable to play

yes.

Yes Irvine is club-tied, sorry for the confusion by putting him in my predicted team.

Richard Brittain has been ruled out for 4-6 weeks with a hamstring tear, so he'll be missing on Saturday.

Any chance of any signings before this game?? With brittain and Irvine out we are struggling!!

(01-22-2015, 02:14 PM)#1_staggie Wrote: Any chance of any signings before this game?? With brittain and Irvine out we are struggling!!

Kiss will be back from suspension.
I think there are hopes that Gardyne or Dingwall may also be back from injury.
Also had Boyce, Maatsen and Ross on bench who can play an (attacking) midfield role.
Or go with two up top by playing Jervis.

So thats potentially 7 players who can come in to the starting line-up to replace Brittain and Irvine from the St Mirren game.

Also, Brittain played against St Mirren in the RB position for the 2nd half.
So we could bring in Boyd, Burgess or Fraser to the first team.
Then any of Quinn, Saunders or Fraser could play RB.

So thats another 3 players who can come in to the starting line-up to replace Brittain from the St Mirren game.

Would obviously require a change in formation and system as they wouldn't be 'like for like' players. But 1) - Jim changes near every week, so why wouldn't he this week? 2) - We were pathetic against St Mirren, with very little creativity or flair in midfield, and both goals came down our right hand side, so change is almost inevitable.

So if we dont bring anyone in, we've still got up to 10 players who could do a job replacing Brittain and Irvine.

We're looking a bit short in centre midfield for Saturday, only Kiss and Woods are available there.

Steven Ross could play there in a 3 man midfield, Carey should be able to aswell. Both very attacking options though.

It wouldn't surprise me to see one of our defenders going into a holding midfield role beside Kiss and Woods. McIntyre played Barr there in our previous home game against Celtic.

(01-22-2015, 02:33 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: We're looking a bit short in centre midfield for Saturday, only Kiss and Woods are available there.

Steven Ross could play there in a 3 man midfield, Carey should be able to aswell. Both very attacking options though.

It wouldn't surprise me to see one of our defenders going into a holding midfield role beside Kiss and Woods. McIntyre played Barr there in our previous home game against Celtic.

Aye, maybe Fraser given he's meant to be comfortable on the ball. Would be a baptism of fire for him, but dont see any other of our defenders playing a holding midfield role better, not now Balk's gone.

(01-22-2015, 02:36 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: Aye, maybe Fraser given he's meant to be comfortable on the ball. Would be a baptism of fire for him, but dont see any other of our defenders playing a holding midfield role better, not now Balk's gone.

Fraser and Saunders are the two most obvious choices I'd say.

Given that McIntyre packed the midfield at Parkhead with a narrow, defensive midfield 4 which got us a very good point, I'd be surprised if he doesn't pack the midfield again on Saturday.

According to MFR Richie Brittain has a hamstring tear, out for 4-6weeks….