Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Welcome Break From the Norm....
(01-20-2015, 04:14 PM)Cit Reath Wrote: BRORA!

The problem is IC!
Inverness Caley is the problem, most of the problems are purely down to the fact that it was a Caley takeover.
I know guys from Inverness that have never set foot in the place, and are never likely to.
Remind me again, who actually owns the Tulloch >CALEDONIAN < (Clue) Stadium?
Is it the Highland taxpayers?

I don't buy this argument any more. I'm in my mid-to-late twenties, have supported Ross County for almost 20 years and have absolutely no memory of ICT being two separate clubs. I'm sure there are a few guys who don't go to football any more as a result of the merger, and subsequently don't take their kids, but not that many, surely?

Inverness has seen unprecedented levels of growth in the last 20 years, yet ICT have failed to translate that population increase into higher attendances. People that move to the area are going to have their own allegiances already but what ICT should have been doing is getting impressionable kids along by giving free tickets to schools, doing outreach programmes etc. Kids would then drag their dads (or mums) along, spend money and get in to the habit of watching their local team.

I went to school in Dornoch and saw a fair amount of engagement from County. Occasional free tickets, coaching courses etc. I never saw anything from ICT.

For all I know ICT could have been trying all this stuff in Inverness itself for years and it's failed for other reasons, but the strategy seems pretty sound.

(01-20-2015, 05:24 PM)Forfinn Wrote: I don't buy this argument any more. I'm in my mid-to-late twenties, have supported Ross County for almost 20 years and have absolutely no memory of ICT being two separate clubs. I'm sure there are a few guys who don't go to football any more as a result of the merger, and subsequently don't take their kids, but not that many, surely?

Inverness has seen unprecedented levels of growth in the last 20 years, yet ICT have failed to translate that population increase into higher attendances. People that move to the area are going to have their own allegiances already but what ICT should have been doing is getting impressionable kids along by giving free tickets to schools, doing outreach programmes etc. Kids would then drag their dads (or mums) along, spend money and get in to the habit of watching their local team.

I went to school in Dornoch and saw a fair amount of engagement from County. Occasional free tickets, coaching courses etc. I never saw anything from ICT.

For all I know ICT could have been trying all this stuff in Inverness itself for years and it's failed for other reasons, but the strategy seems pretty sound.

Sounds like mitigation of bouncy castles to me.

(01-19-2015, 10:34 PM)CaleyD Wrote: I come in peace. You guys have been having a really crap time of it lately, so why not head along to Tulloch Caledonian Stadium tomorrow night and cheer yourself up?

It doesn't even have to cost you very much : http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1456-pay...-johnstone

GTF

It staggers me that Caley are still scratching their heads over low home attendances despite their on field success... Quite simply the stadium is a desperately grim place to go and watch footy.

Cold, hard to get to, largely unsheltered from the elements, with no atmosphere whatsoever. I only go there when I have to, and even then i don't usually bother.

The only reason I go there is to show them up with a wonderful Staggie singing section and a big drum!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(01-20-2015, 08:33 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Cold, hard to get to, largely unsheltered from the elements, with no atmosphere whatsoever.

A bit like the Moon then Pete?

(01-20-2015, 08:48 PM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote: A bit like the Moon then Pete?

Ha ha, more like Pluto.

Great turn out you got there lads, 3,161. To get 3,159 fans more than normal is a great achievement!
Has he got a final baaaalllll???    Shalk's there!!!!

(01-20-2015, 10:43 PM)Gordie the staggie Wrote: Great turn out you got there lads, 3,161. To get 3,159 fans more than normal is a great achievement!

I was there!
Not sure the stadium was anywhere near half full?
3,161 could be a bit exaggerated????
Immoral Cow Den Bender

Is it standard practice in all clubs (including our own) to count all season ticket holders as automatic attendees at every eligible game?

Inverness and Ross County both have very similar crouds - about 2500 regulars and another 1000 or so fair weather fans. That's a bit of an indictment on the fickle folk of Inverness.

Yeah but whereas County has a much more community field.

Take the cup final for example, And I don't agree with the 'you're not a fan unless you go to all the games' pish. We had great support, Old & Young.

But I don't think that feeling exists at ICT and a lot of it in my opinion is to do with the history of the club, and there is [censored] all they can do about that.

I have never been and have no intentions of ever going, regardless of how small the entry.

It was nice to see a few County fans make the game...thanks for the support.