Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Welcome Break From the Norm....
I come in peace. You guys have been having a really crap time of it lately, so why not head along to Tulloch Caledonian Stadium tomorrow night and cheer yourself up?

It doesn't even have to cost you very much : http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1456-pay...-johnstone

.png   150120_stjohnstone.png (Size: 177.66 KB / Downloads: 8)

I wouldn't go if you paid me £100.
Run along now.

But how much fun would it be to present a shiny 1p piece or indeed a 1 euro coin to the turnstile operator. "pay what you want" = perhaps we could use a turnip as payment?
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

(01-19-2015, 11:30 PM)Blinkers Wrote: But how much fun would it be to present a shiny 1p piece or indeed a 1 euro coin to the turnstile operator. "pay what you want" = perhaps we could use a turnip as payment?

It doesn't even have to be a shiny penny. As for your latter offer...you're not dumping your players on us!

Can I pay in the form of elocution lessons for the stadium announcer?

I might chip in for a PA system that worked

Or a large windbreak. No I don't mean Yogi.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

(01-19-2015, 10:34 PM)CaleyD Wrote: I come in peace. You guys have been having a really crap time of it lately, so why not head along to Tulloch Caledonian Stadium tomorrow night and cheer yourself up?

It doesn't even have to cost you very much : http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1456-pay...-johnstone

Take a hike.
Come in peace and go in piece ya nugget.
I paid a a visit to the Dump recently, your ground " New Telford Street" is actually not much better than the old Telford Street.
Facilities are the worst by a country mile in the SPL.
Immoral Cow Den Bender

The Dump? Or EastendersSad
Would you Adam & Eve it, I'm off down the Queen Vic for a few Britney Spears and a Ruby Murray!

Pretty sure i have some paint in the garage, will probably just watch that drying to be honest

Does the admission fee include the erudite thoughts of your inarticulate manager trying to squeeze as many worn out cliches into a semi articulate interview on the merits of guid honest laddies as he can in two minutes ? Or his thoughts, or better still yours, on why almost as many Invernessians choose to go to Dingwall to watch a team struggling at the bottom of the league as can be bothered to go to the Longman to watch a team which, although I am loath to admit it, are playing better, more attractive and more successful football then we are. Something seriously amiss there.

While you are at it, we took 17,000 fans to our cup final. Remind me how many you managed to scrape together to take to yours ?

(01-20-2015, 02:26 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: Does the admission fee include the erudite thoughts of your inarticulate manager trying to squeeze as many worn out cliches into a semi articulate interview on the merits of guid honest laddies as he can in two minutes ? Or his thoughts, or better still yours, on why almost as many Invernessians choose to go to Dingwall to watch a team struggling at the bottom of the league as can be bothered to go to the Longman to watch a team which, although I am loath to admit it, are playing better, more attractive and more successful football then we are. Something seriously amiss there.

While you are at it, we took 17,000 fans to our cup final. Remind me how many you managed to scrape together to take to yours ?

HMMMMM!!!!
Think it was 5,000.
And to think they whinged from the moment the final was decided.
We want this, we want that.
Aberdeen could have sold 50,00 tickets, however due to the ICT whingers, they asked (moaned & moaned ) to be moved to an area where segregation was not possible, resulting in a limit of 40,00 to Aberdeen.
Mind you at least they had toilets not portaloos at Parkhead.
Immoral Cow Den Bender

I'd rather pick my belly button fluff and gurn at the missus for watching soaps that go to that shitehole!!

(01-19-2015, 10:34 PM)CaleyD Wrote: I come in peace. You guys have been having a really crap time of it lately, so why not head along to Tulloch Caledonian Stadium tomorrow night and cheer yourself up?

An admirable initiative and I hope it's a success for you. I've never entirely worked out why ICT haven't taken off in Inverness to the extent you'd expect - a growing population centre without any other professional sports teams - it should be a recipe for success. Anything to encourage folk to support their local team is a good thing.

If I lived in Inverness I'd be tempted to head along tonight. I won't because I don't, but hopefully those that do, do. Especially those who support teams who are, shall we say, based in Glasgow.

(01-20-2015, 02:26 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: While you are at it, we took 17,000 fans to our cup final. Remind me how many you managed to scrape together to take to yours ?

Then in our next game we took less than 60 to a season opener against Cowdenbeath. We really cannot give it out about support.

(01-20-2015, 02:46 PM)Forfinn Wrote: An admirable initiative and I hope it's a success for you. I've never entirely worked out why ICT haven't taken off in Inverness to the extent you'd expect - a growing population centre without any other professional sports teams - it should be a recipe for success. Anything to encourage folk to support their local team is a good thing.

If I lived in Inverness I'd be tempted to head along tonight. I won't because I don't, but hopefully those that do, do. Especially those who support teams who are, shall we say, based in Glasgow.

The people of Inverness are too busy supporting/fighting over Celtic and Rangers,

Pathetic really, loyalties should lie at home.

I was once an Aberdeen fan, but once County were playing in the same league then County comes first.

Serious question for the original poster who I believe now works full time trying to generate publicity for and interest in ICT with very limited success and credit to him for giving such a commitment to the team he supports but why are ICT so poorly supported ?

I have taken some stick here for saying that I want to see a successful team in Inverness for the benefit of the Highlands as a whole but the fact is that while ICT have, without doubt, been more successful than County almost every season since we both entered the league twenty years ago that is not and has never been reflected off the field.

Firstly, you cobbled together a franchise with no history to gain entry into the league. Then, in your first few years, despite great success on the park you run up debt close to three million despite the dodgy gift of £900,000 from our local authority.

The famous win at Parkhead and the revenue from the two subsequent televised games against Aberdeen was the only thing that saved you from 'doing a Rangers'.

You then only survived by giving up the lease to your stadium to clear the debt. To be fair you got your act together and have been prudently managed off the field and, with the exception of one season, have been in the top league for a decade.

Despite all that you dwell in a stadium that is two thirds complete and two of the stands you do have are merely large agricultural type sheds with uncomfortable plastic buckets to sit on in a location that was for decades home to the town dump for a reason. In a city of 70,000 people you are now struggling to attract more than 2,500 despite having spent each of the past three seasons competing for Europe. Inverness has no more interest in it's football franchise than it did two decades ago. Something is seriously wrong. So Caley D what is the matter with ICT ?

to the contributor who suggested "a turnip as payment".
This was over generous in my opinion. A pea was more appropriate, Oh i forgot, you cant have one of them at the dump, they don`t have toilets.

(01-20-2015, 03:15 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: Serious question for the original poster who I believe now works full time trying to generate publicity for and interest in ICT with very limited success and credit to him for giving such a commitment to the team he supports but why are ICT so poorly supported ?

I have taken some stick here for saying that I want to see a successful team in Inverness for the benefit of the Highlands as a whole but the fact is that while ICT have, without doubt, been more successful than County almost every season since we both entered the league twenty years ago that is not and has never been reflected off the field.

Firstly, you cobbled together a franchise with no history to gain entry into the league. Then, in your first few years, despite great success on the park you run up debt close to three million despite the dodgy gift of £900,000 from our local authority.

The famous win at Parkhead and the revenue from the two subsequent televised games against Aberdeen was the only thing that saved you from 'doing a Rangers'.

You then only survived by giving up the lease to your stadium to clear the debt. To be fair you got your act together and have been prudently managed off the field and, with the exception of one season, have been in the top league for a decade.

Despite all that you dwell in a stadium that is two thirds complete and two of the stands you do have are merely large agricultural type sheds with uncomfortable plastic buckets to sit on in a location that was for decades home to the town dump for a reason. In a city of 70,000 people you are now struggling to attract more than 2,500 despite having spent each of the past three seasons competing for Europe. Inverness has no more interest in it's football franchise than it did two decades ago. Something is seriously wrong. So Caley D what is the matter with ICT ?

BRORA!

The problem is IC!
Inverness Caley is the problem, most of the problems are purely down to the fact that it was a Caley takeover.
I know guys from Inverness that have never set foot in the place, and are never likely to.
Remind me again, who actually owns the Tulloch >CALEDONIAN < (Clue) Stadium?
Is it the Highland taxpayers?
Immoral Cow Den Bender

we may not be performing on the pitch at the moment, but we do have a loyal and extensive fan base, even at the foot of the table.

The forces of evil on the other hand have some success on the pitch, but negligible support.

We can improve our performances on the pitch, but it is very unlikely that ICT will increase their fan base

(01-20-2015, 04:35 PM)35 YEARS A STAGGIE Wrote: we may not be performing on the pitch at the moment, but we do have a loyal and extensive fan base, even at the foot of the table.

The forces of evil on the other hand have some success on the pitch, but negligible support.

We can improve our performances on the pitch, but it is very unlikely that ICT will increase their fan base

While I agree with most of that post, ICT are our local rivals. The only forces of evil in Scottish football are to be found in Glasgow.