Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Fans Group Meeting.
I believe there is a fans group meeting next week - there are obviously a lot of unhappy people on here after today's game including myself.

Can I ask that as many of you as possible get along and put your viewpoints across - if we want change - then let's make it happen, don't hide behind a keyboard - speak up for your football club!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I won't be able to make it but can someone please pass on my comments (below):

Quote:SACK EVERYONE

(01-18-2015, 12:16 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: I believe there is a fans group meeting next week - there are obviously a lot of unhappy people on here after today's game including myself.

Can I ask that as many of you as possible get along and put your viewpoints across - if we want change - then let's make it happen, don't hide behind a keyboard - speak up for your football club!

Change? Do you honestly think we can influence the board, dream on!!!!!!!!!!

Fans meeting is a waste of time. When has the club ever listened to the fans in recent times. Chairman will stand up and give us some drivel which some of us will believe will happen then find out months down the line he was only trying to sweet talk the fans and we are no further forward.

Drastic action is required and that is at the top of the football club. Yes he should step aside, Dave Segal and fellow investors should be welcomed back to the club. As in the past they had the right strategy to move the club in a postive way.

Come on Roy. Time to step aside and allow new blood to takeover.

If there is a meeting, where is the information on date, time venue? Poor communication - again!
AngelAngel

I'm afraid the reality is championship football for a couple of years.

Lower running costs, maybe we can build a better team etc etc.

Why the likes of lawson and vigurs were allowed to saunter off without so much as an offer from Ross County is beggars belief.

Too much knee jerk [censored] going on here now. Macintyre was never the man for the job. May have done well with previous clubs but never as well as Adams did with county!

We don't really have any good players to speak of now. RB has been horrible this past year. With the only real stand-out being Tony Dingwall who couldnt get a game with the last regime.

I'm at a loss for suggestions to be honest. We always used to do well in the 1st/championship division picking up players with points to prove. But that doesnt wash in the big league.

(01-18-2015, 12:52 PM)Stag10 Wrote: Drastic action is required and that is at the top of the football club. Yes he should step aside, Dave Segal and fellow investors should be welcomed back to the club. As in the past they had the right strategy to move the club in a postive way.

Come on Roy. Time to step aside and allow new blood to takeover.

What new blood would this be? Would they be willing to plough the same amounts as Roy has into the club? Without Roy, wed be nowhere near the premiership so I think calling for his head is a bit dramatic, its not quite the same as changing manager

(01-18-2015, 12:44 PM)Dont take my club away Wrote: Fans meeting is a waste of time. When has the club ever listened to the fans in recent times. Chairman will stand up and give us some drivel which some of us will believe will happen then find out months down the line he was only trying to sweet talk the fans and we are no further forward.

So your earlier pledge lasted all of 13 hours...

(01-17-2015, 11:41 PM)Dont take my club away Wrote: Everyone knows what I think and I am not going to say another thing on this board until many changes have been made at the club.

I think asking Roy to step aside is utterly idiotic.

He is a passionate fan of Ross County. The club is run properly, and is stable.

Yes he could plough a couple of million into the club, but that leaves us with massive debts.

It's run with a business head, which I'm sure we can all be in a agreement he definitely has.

I, Roy & 99% of fans would love to see us prosper, have money thrown at great players, but what is the reward in the SPFL? Maybe a 2nd/3rd finish? and how much of the investment is going to be earned back?

On the flip side, a couple of Million is invested, and the wrong players are bought, we end up in play-offs and maybe in the Championship anyway, Almost certainly the club would fold under crippling debt.

We have seen the way the club can be run on the budget we have, 5th and 7th in the Premiership isn't to be sneezed at. And will more than likely happen again, but I fear we will need a spell in the Championship first.

A fans meeting to do what?
Demand the manager is sacked? Who do you want?
Demand we get better players? Demand a richer chairman?
Good lord.

Yes things are tough at the moment, but cast your minds back a few years. It was a huge change to the way the club was run when Adams x2 were sacked. Take the lows with the highs.

C'mon mun.. wanting Roy to step aside is noting short of crazy!

Roy hasn't actually been involved much at the club this season - apart from what ever financial backing he's given.
Peter Swanson and David O'Connor have been the men put in charge of the running of the club - and I agree things need to change in that respect.

I was along at the fans meetings at the start of the season - and I came away and never went back to the last of them - simply because the club wanted us fans to come up with ideas to make things better - but the suggestions we gave were met with a view it didn't match their 'plan'.
As yet I still have no idea what this 'plan' is.. in fact I'm not sure that the Swanson/O'Connor know what the plan is - just that they want one!

We were told in the summer (and at the time of the Adams' being sacked) that the club was going in a new direction and was going to be more community orientated.

It's my opinion that it has pretty much gone in the reverse direction of that!

First move they made was to interfere with the supporters club. A club that was catering for the needs of fans wanting to go to away games. Yes there was some things that needing improving there..
But the clubs vision was to go behind the backs of those who worked hard for many years to try and re invent the wheel.
That was the point they lost my support!

We were promised the new website was coming and communications would be vastly improved - they even employed a media type person.
But then what happened - we lost a long serving general manager, and one of the administration staff.
These jobs were advertised - but did we ever get replacements? NO

End result is, that an already stretched staff are now even more stretched, so communications with the fans are arguably worse.
Not the fault of the staff - they do a great job - but the fact is they have other (probably more important) functions to take care of first, and you can't argue with that.
The simple fact is the club is vastly understaffed behind the scenes.
In years gone past I know they've been offered services for free from fans to help with various things (such as social media) but they are not interested.

George Adams may have been director of football, but he ran a lot of other things at the club. Ranald also put in a power of work behind the scenes.

I'm not sure how much time Swanson spends there, but I know O'Connor spends barely 20 hours a week there!

Basically the off field part of the club is practically a rudderless ship..

On the field - We can all see what's happening - so no need for me to go into that here!

I'm tempted to go along to this meeting whenever it is.
But I also have the feeling that I'd simply be wasting my time as it'll just be a case of us sitting listening to big plans - with in reality they don't have the resources to do them.

(01-18-2015, 07:42 PM)thejailender Wrote: C'mon mun.. wanting Roy to step aside is noting short of crazy!

Roy hasn't actually been involved much at the club this season - apart from what ever financial backing he's given.
Peter Swanson and David O'Connor have been the men put in charge of the running of the club - and I agree things need to change in that respect.

I was along at the fans meetings at the start of the season - and I came away and never went back to the last of them - simply because the club wanted us fans to come up with ideas to make things better - but the suggestions we gave were met with a view it didn't match their 'plan'.
As yet I still have no idea what this 'plan' is.. in fact I'm not sure that the Swanson/O'Connor know what the plan is - just that they want one!

We were told in the summer (and at the time of the Adams' being sacked) that the club was going in a new direction and was going to be more community orientated.

First move they made was to interfere with the supporters club. A club that was catering for the needs of fans wanting to go to away games. Yes there was some things that needing improving there..
But the clubs vision was to go behind the backs of those who worked hard for many years to try and re invent the wheel.

We were promised the new website was coming and communications would be vastly improved - they even employed a media type person.
But then what happened - we lost a long serving general manager, and one of the administration staff.

End result is, that an already stretched staff are now even more stretched, so communications with the fans are arguably worse.
Not the fault of the staff - they do a great job - but the fact is they have other (probably more important) functions to take care of first, and you can't argue with that.
In years gone past I know they've been offered services for free from fans to help with various things (such as social media) but they are not interested.

George Adams may have been director of football, but he ran a lot of other things at the club. Ranald also put in a power of work behind the scenes.

I'm not sure how much time Swanson spends there, but I know O'Connor spends barely 20 hours a week there!

On the field - We can all see what's happening - so no need for me to go into that here!

But I also have the feeling that I'd simply be wasting my time as it'll just be a case of us sitting listening to big plans - with in reality they don't have the resources to do them.

Exactly how a lot of us are feeling - no way should RM be asked to resign, that is total nonsense!

I wish we could get Ranald back - that lad was doing a fantastic job - big miss IMHO!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(01-18-2015, 07:42 PM)thejailender Wrote: C'mon mun.. wanting Roy to step aside is noting short of crazy!

None of this matters if county had a decent football team. I suspect you have your own motivations for being unhappy with the new administration. It wouldn't matter what any new directors did behind the scenes, you still wouldn't be able to generate an interest in watching a diabolical football team. No salesman could sell that.

Fact is, we haven't signed any decent players for 2-3 years now. We are not a team, we are just a ramshackle bunch cobbled together - with players who nobody else wanted and guys who are past their best.

'Kinell.

So how did this go?

I couldn't make it but I'm wondering if (given it is his job) that the DIRECTOR OF STAKEHOLDER LIAISON would read/answer emails? I've a few things I'd like to ask about that I obviously couldn't ask about tonight.

Was at the meeting tonight,
having a Blue Day against Dundee,Roy has a good feeling for the rest of the season,David O'Connor rattled through the agenda points,without actually discussing them,longer contracts going to be offered to players,standing at games will be back eventually, and our youth set up is getting a total rehaul by Stevie Ferguson.
Just some of the items discussed.

Have been at all home games this season and have all been blue bar one so nowt new then

(02-04-2015, 11:20 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Was at the meeting tonight,
having a Blue Day against Dundee,Roy has a good feeling for the rest of the season,David O'Connor rattled through the agenda points,without actually discussing them,longer contracts going to be offered to players,standing at games will be back eventually, and our youth set up is getting a total rehaul by Stevie Ferguson.
Just some of the items discussed.

To be fair there was plenty of opportunity for questions/comments. The keyboard warriors were conspicuous by their absence/silence.

Clearly lots going on behind the scenes but also clear that communication is the big issue and that our social media person has been dragged in to cover office duties. Roy's sending in some Global media types to help sort it out.

Subdued meeting but Roy insists that he's more positive now than he was this time last year and that shirt time contracts etc will be sorted out. Said fans shouldn't underestimate the problems getting players up here. Approached over 50 in the transfer window, some wouldn't even discuss a move never mind negotiate.

Jailend standing certain within a couple of seasons in their opinion.

Not the best 2hours I've ever spent, there was no ducking issues, but apart from Stevie nobody there from the playing side.

(02-05-2015, 08:04 AM)staggie52 Wrote: To be fair there was plenty of opportunity for questions/comments. The keyboard warriors were conspicuous by their absence/silence.

Clearly lots going on behind the scenes but also clear that communication is the big issue and that our social media person has been dragged in to cover office duties. Roy's sending in some Global media types to help sort it out.

Subdued meeting but Roy insists that he's more positive now than he was this time last year and that shirt time contracts etc will be sorted out. Said fans shouldn't underestimate the problems getting players up here. Approached over 50 in the transfer window, some wouldn't even discuss a move never mind negotiate.

Jailend standing certain within a couple of seasons in their opinion.

Not the best 2hours I've ever spent, there was no ducking issues, but apart from Stevie nobody there from the playing side.
One thing I was impressed with at the meeting was Roy putting his hands up and admitting they had got many things wrong and now they have to rectify it,very open and honest I thought