Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
St Mirren at home 17th jan.
Massive game this saturday. Same fighting spirit as we showed last week at Dundee & with hopefully 11 men on the pitch fingers crossed for a big 3 points. Home to Dornoch for the weekend so i hope the weather behaves and i get to see the staggies.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

Probably the biggest game of the season so far - we need to be fired up and in their faces from the whistle! It's a shame we didn't play this weekend as the layoff may have come at the wrong time for us, but every player needs to understand how vital this game is - big performances called for - step up and show us you want to remain in this league - give us something to believe in!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(01-11-2015, 06:28 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Probably the biggest game of the season so far - we need to be fired up and in their faces from the whistle! It's a shame we didn't play this weekend as the layoff may have come at the wrong time for us, but every player needs to understand how vital this game is - big performances called for - step up and show us you want to remain in this league - give us something to believe in!

Not just the biggest game of the season but probably our most important single game since we were promoted to the top flight.

Not just the players needing to step up but us fans as well. Any unrest or criticism needs to be put to one side together with disappointment with the season so far. County fans need to pack out three sides of the stadium and get right behind the boys from start to finish.

Obviously a long way to go but three points here would be massive.

(01-12-2015, 01:42 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: Not just the biggest game of the season but probably our most important single game since we were promoted to the top flight.

Not just the players needing to step up but us fans as well. Any unrest or criticism needs to be put to one side together with disappointment with the season so far. County fans need to pack out three sides of the stadium and get right behind the boys from start to finish.

Obviously a long way to go but three points here would be massive.

I'd be interested to know how many times a season we say this, or something along these lines.

A win in this game would be huge though, and the fans certainly have a role to play. I totally agree that the majority of the crowd getting noisily behind the players would be a big help and should be encouraged; especially on the day, in the stadium, during the game!

The possibility of Arquin facing us is giving me the fear.

Yep, can you imagine the atmosphere if Arquin was to score the winner.....and celebrate with joy - FFS, this is giving me a sore stomach even thinking about it!

(01-12-2015, 02:50 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Yep, can you imagine the atmosphere if Arquin was to score the winner.....and celebrate with joy - FFS, this is giving me a sore stomach even thinking about it!

Hopefully, IF he does sign for St Mirren, he shows the same levels of drive and commitment he showed in his last couple of games for us

(01-12-2015, 04:13 PM)Roccos Wheelie Bin Wrote: Hopefully, IF he does sign for St Mirren, he shows the same levels of drive and commitment he showed in his last couple of games for us

Agree whole heartedly Rocco,this man showed little regard for ross county or his status as a professional player,I had reached a stage where I did not know which Arquan was going to turn up , I honestly felt cheated by him.

(01-12-2015, 08:45 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Agree whole heartedly Rocco,this man showed little regard for ross county or his status as a professional player,I had reached a stage where I did not know which Arquan was going to turn up , I honestly felt cheated by him.

Agree - but he was superb when he first joined and he'll be out to impress the St Mirren fans - really hope he doesn't sign for them!

(01-12-2015, 09:07 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Agree - but he was superb when he first joined and he'll be out to impress the St Mirren fans - really hope he doesn't sign for them!

His ability has never been an issue, it's always been his attitude. With that in mind Gary Teale might just get something out of him others didn't.

Cleary Adams got better performances out of Arquin than McIntyre did. So he obviously responds differently to different managers.

(01-12-2015, 09:24 PM)County1929 Wrote: His ability has never been an issue, it's always been his attitude. With that in mind Gary Teale might just get something out of him others didn't.

Cleary Adams got better performances out of Arquin than McIntyre did. So he obviously responds differently to different managers.

Really feel a bit sorry for all the abuse Arquin is getting for me he was and is a good player. As you say different managers have different approaches and can get more out of some players - there are the workers that will always try but others perhaps need a different approach.

It seems clear that JM did not really connect or trust Arquin - again that is fine he is the manager but the player must have sensed that and when you feel not trusted or valued then not surprising your impact or effort is affected.

I think a manger that trusts him and can motivate him could have a pretty decent player on their hands.

It is maybe more down to him starting on a high at a new club, rather than our change of mangers?

(01-13-2015, 10:38 AM)roth08 Wrote: Really feel a bit sorry for all the abuse Arquin is getting for me he was and is a good player. As you say different managers have different approaches and can get more out of some players - there are the workers that will always try but others perhaps need a different approach.

I wouldn't say he's getting 'abuse' here, I think questioning his drive and attitude recently is fair enough, as it was obvious he was unhappy for whatever reason and wasn't giving 100%. I don't believe any of what's been said is untrue, it's not like we're saying that he's awful and has no redeeming qualities, just that he wasn't trying very hard recently.

(01-13-2015, 11:06 AM)Roccos Wheelie Bin Wrote: I wouldn't say he's getting 'abuse' here, I think questioning his drive and attitude recently is fair enough, as it was obvious he was unhappy for whatever reason and wasn't giving 100%. I don't believe any of what's been said is untrue, it's not like we're saying that he's awful and has no redeeming qualities, just that he wasn't trying very hard recently.

Playing as a lone striker in the worst team in the league = bad attitude and not trying... Dodgy

Do you honestly think a professional footballer walks onto the pitch and thinks "I cant be bothered trying to score today"?

Fair play to him I say, coming to the north of Scotland from Martinique and giving it a go. All the best Yoann, thanks for the memories.

(01-13-2015, 11:14 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Playing as a lone striker in the worst team in the league = bad attitude and not trying... Dodgy

Do you honestly think a professional footballer walks onto the pitch and thinks "I cant be bothered trying to score today"?

Fair play to him I say, coming to the north of Scotland from Martinique and giving it a go. All the best Yoann, thanks for the memories.

I disagree, yes there were times when he was clearly frustrated and let down by lack of service but,especially towards the end, there were games where he obviously didn't try as hard or make the effort we all know he is capable of.

(01-13-2015, 11:14 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Do you honestly think a professional footballer walks onto the pitch and thinks "I cant be bothered trying to score today"?

You may have a point, if he got beyond the "I cant be bothered turning up today" thought Wink

(01-13-2015, 11:14 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Playing as a lone striker in the worst team in the league = bad attitude and not trying... Dodgy

It's not the scoring part, it's the rest of his game, tackling back, chasing loose balls etc, there were times he just let the game pass him by, and it becomes even more obvious when you're the lone striker.

Arquin played a role in 6/7 of County's 19 league goals this season. All the more impressive when you consider that he wasn't on the pitch for at least 5 of those 19 goals.

The "attitude" thing seemed overplayed to me. People were desperate for him to start "acting up" just so they could point it out.

(01-13-2015, 12:47 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Arquin played a role in 6/7 of County's 19 league goals this season. All the more impressive when you consider that he wasn't on the pitch for at least 5 of those 19 goals.

The "attitude" thing seemed overplayed to me. People were desperate for him to start "acting up" just so they could point it out.

The frustrating thing is in some games he has been our driving force up front and got in the face of the other team, chased balls, tracked back, that's why it's noticeable when he doesn't, and why it enrages some people so much. On his day, Arquin was very effective, his 'days' were just getting fewer and more far between recently

Guy's, if Arquin wasn't a decent player for us why are we bothered about him leaving and why does he have his very own thread on our forum?

http://www.overthebridge.info/showthread...8#pid45538

I think he's been summed up pretty well in this forum. Decent player when things were going well. Not so good when you're in the trenches. Unfortunately we're in the trenches at moment.
After that comment I'm off to find my tin hat!!!