Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Norwich
It would seem that Alex Neil the Hamilton manager is being lined up to take over at Norwich City.

Thta's some jump up the managerial ladder imo but fair play to him, after having two very good seasons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30714385

Totally deserved with what he's done with the Accies!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Apparently they will have pay a transfer fee for him, as he's still registered as a player?

(01-08-2015, 08:22 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Totally deserved with what he's done with the Accies!

I agree with you, and congratulations to the man for having his success recognised but to spin it around is what DA did with us a couple season ago not a better achievement, at least we won the league out right.

(01-08-2015, 11:12 AM)frankthetank Wrote: I agree with you, and congratulations to the man for having his success recognised but to spin it around is what DA did with us a couple season ago not a better achievement, at least we won the league out right.

Neil is also being recognised for his achievements bringing through good quality young players.

Regardless of that debate, it just goes to highlight how quickly your star can fall. Adams was tipped for massive things after our first season up and was linked with the Aberdeen job. Look where he is now. Neil would do well to take this opportunity while he can!

Another even better example is Billy Reid. The story goes that he turned down the Swansea job while he was at Hamilton, they gave it to Brendan Rodgers instead (presumably because they already had the initials printed on the tracksuit), Reid got sacked a while later, Rodgers took Swansea to the EPL and got the Liverpool job while Reid is now an assistant manager in Sweden!

(01-08-2015, 04:33 PM)Forfinn Wrote: Neil is also being recognised for his achievements bringing through good quality young players.

Regardless of that debate, it just goes to highlight how quickly your star can fall. Adams was tipped for massive things after our first season up and was linked with the Aberdeen job. Look where he is now. Neil would do well to take this opportunity while he can!

Another even better example is Billy Reid. The story goes that he turned down the Swansea job while he was at Hamilton, they gave it to Brendan Rodgers instead (presumably because they already had the initials printed on the tracksuit), Reid got sacked a while later, Rodgers took Swansea to the EPL and got the Liverpool job while Reid is now an assistant manager in Sweden!

I was thinking the very same thing of Derek Adams. It the usual eternal human wonder at what might of been though..... and how many managers have had cracking jobs that were going going well, to leave for bigger/better job and get sacked very shortly afterwards, Terry Butcher for one!

(01-09-2015, 12:07 AM)wemyss77 Wrote: I was thinking the very same thing of Derek Adams. It the usual eternal human wonder at what might of been though..... and how many managers have had cracking jobs that were going going well, to leave for bigger/better job and get sacked very shortly afterwards, Terry Butcher for one!

I suppose that Hamilton have been very consistent since the start of the season, whereas we started well (albeit quite defensively), then it took the January transfer window until we were able to power through and make the top six pace our own.