Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dundee - This Weekend
We have a game this coming weekend (hopefully).

Just thought I would give you all a heads up.

Indeed.

I've done a preview of the match on the blog, for those interested.

I hope we're ready for Big Gus and his Pie test...

So, will we see Scotty Mo?

Dundee apparently could have both O'Donnell and Milne out which gives me much more confidence of picking up the win , and Riley being out aswell is the cherry on top of the cake

Team Line Up

Fraser

Miller - Boyd - Munro - Morrison

Quinn - Lawson - Kettlewell - Vigurs

Gardyne - McMenamin

2-0 Home win , goals from Lawson and Boyd

Thumbs Up 
(12-14-2011, 08:50 AM)bunglebonce Wrote: Indeed.

I've done a preview of the match on the blog, for those interested.

Sir bunglebonce
I am recurrently appreciating and valuing your erudite and most commendable expositions.

And I think we might just win.

Soz Jim'n'Billy

I was confident of winning for quite a few games but the last couple against Raith and away to Livi I've not felt the same way. Looks like the pressure of being top is getting to me so hopefully the players don't feel the same way!

I was going to say a draw but if Milne and O'Donnell are out as well as Riley I think we might sneak it 2-1.

Never fear. The bubble is not due to burst just yet. 3-1. McMen, Vigurs and Ketts.

North Star:

Adams - victory is our only target

DEREK Adams refuses to set points targets for table-topping Ross County - but backs his team to stay on the title track throughout the festive season.

The Staggies are eight points clear at the top of Irn Bru Division One with a game in hand following Saturday's postponement at Ayr United.

Adams watched Dundee beat Queen of the South 2-1 to nudge ahead of Falkirk in goal difference in second place as they now become the Dingwall club's main rivals.

With Falkirk (away) and Partick Thistle (home) to follow over the next few weeks, Adams told the North Star: "Managers and players can get lulled into a false sense of security regarding points, but you've got to just look at the next game, which is the only one that matters. I've been at clubs where managers set points totals, but I've never seen them come off because they are often unrealistic.

"We'd just like to get through these games unbeaten. We will be going out to try and win them all, there's no doubt about that, but if we remain unbeaten we'll be happy with that.

"With this group of players, I always knew we could do well. It's been a fantastic run and to win so many games in the First Division this season is great and the players have done exceptionally well."

Dundee have racked up six wins on the bounce, while County stand at 10 successive victories, so this should be a cracker, but Adams insists Dundee rising into second spot doesn't change his squad's approach.

He said: "We've had to play Falkirk and Hamilton recently, who have been in second place at the time. Now we have Dundee, who are joint-second. Whoever we play in this league, it's difficult. It just so happens it's second, third then fourth-placed sides in succession.

"We played well to win 2-1 at Dundee earlier in the season. We were unfortunate to go behind to a penalty early on, but after that we came into it and did very well and it was a terrific result."

Having run the rule over his opponents, Adams feels that they will provide a stern test for his high-flying Staggies.

He explained: "Dundee have a large and vastly experienced squad, with Rab Douglas and they have taken in Gavin Rae and Callum Elliot, so that tells you all about them.

"Dundee scored two goals early in the game and Queen of the South had a man sent off in the first half, which helped Dundee. It then went to 10 v 10 later when Nicky Riley (Dundee's double scorer) was sent off and it became more open.

"There was a great atmosphere at Dens on Saturday. There were 5,000 fans there and I'm sure they'll bring a really good support up here this weekend. They are very vocal and they'll get right behind their team and it's going to be an exciting game.

"Dundee have got belief right now and they've won their last six, while we've won our last 10. So, from that point of view, it's two teams right on form.

"I think Dundee will come to attack and go for the win. It will be interesting to see their line-up. Nicky Riley is suspended for them, but they have the luxury of Callum Elliot, who was on the bench on Saturday, who can come back into the team."

Vastly experienced Dundee goalkeeper Rab Douglas will be the man to beat on Saturday and Adams said: "Rab is a former Scotland internationalist and one of the best keepers in the division. He's played at the highest level and he's doing very well for them."

County's league fixture at Ayr United was blown away last weekend when storms damaged part of the stand at Somerset Park.

The boss admits the game is now likely to fall at a time less suited to County.

He said: "We are in a very good run of form and we are looking forward to Saturday's game now. It was unfortunate that the Ayr game was called off because we now have to go there twice in midweek this season, which is never easy.

"I think this game will now be played around February. They are more a Wednesday team, while we are a Tuesday team, but we'll have to get on with it."

Skipper Richard Brittain is suspended for County this weekend and Sam Morrow and Russell Duncan will miss out through injury, while Marc Fitzpatrick is set for a scan on his knee today (Thursday).

Again will be missing this one, I think we have a chance against them but we seem to be playing the 2nd, 3rd or 4th placed sides every weeks or so. A couple of more wins on the bounce and we will be looking very good.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

(12-15-2011, 10:08 AM)Mackie Wrote: Again will be missing this one

Do you even like football? You could have fooled me! Tongue

(12-15-2011, 10:31 AM)staggy4life Wrote:

First thing first I want to make it clear is that I'm not really the superstitious kind, but as a keeper have certain things I need to do before each game to help (not that it improves anything) so I have previous

Anyway at the start of the season I had made the cup games which we lost one and won the other one. We played badly, I mean really badly. The following Saturdays however I had other events on which I was taking photo's at (Shinty cup final, North Caley League games etc, etc) so was busy elsewhere but we won...and by all accounts starting to play better and better.

Thus leaving me in the situation where I now don't want to jinx anything...some say this is stupid behaviour but I have previous as said and was how the beard started in our Cup run season. DodgyConfused
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

Big game for us and as big a test as we'll get in the league all season. I tipped Dundee to win the league at the start of the season and was dismissed but look at them now. Saying that, we passed the big Falkirk test with flying colours and I see us winning this 2-1 - a couple for Colin McMen.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

(12-15-2011, 10:57 AM)Mackie Wrote:

First thing first I want to make it clear is that I'm not really the superstitious kind, but as a keeper have certain things I need to do before each game to help (not that it improves anything) so I have previous

Anyway at the start of the season I had made the cup games which we lost one and won the other one. We played badly, I mean really badly. The following Saturdays however I had other events on which I was taking photo's at (Shinty cup final, North Caley League games etc, etc) so was busy elsewhere but we won...and by all accounts starting to play better and better.

Thus leaving me in the situation where I now don't want to jinx anything...some say this is stupid behaviour but I have previous as said and was how the beard started in our Cup run season. DodgyConfused

I'm in a similar situation - I attended the partick 3-3 game and the celtic game earlier in the season. I'm on Guernsey at the moment too and can't make the games, so that plays a big factor! Will be going to the partick game in the new year so if we lose that you can attend again safe in the knowledge that it's my fault, not yours! Big Grin

(12-15-2011, 07:54 PM)RCR Wrote:
(12-15-2011, 10:57 AM)Mackie Wrote:

I'm in a similar situation - I attended the partick 3-3 game and the celtic game earlier in the season. I'm on Guernsey at the moment too and can't make the games, so that plays a big factor! Will be going to the partick game in the new year so if we lose that you can attend again safe in the knowledge that it's my fault, not yours! Big Grin

Class A or B drug?

Won't make this one, as I am flying down to England tomorrow to see family (as I am working Christmas Day and Boxing Day). Hoping for a solid 2-0 win, leaving Dundee further and further behind us with the tricky January fixtures to come. As much breathing space as possible, please!

(12-15-2011, 08:59 PM)IDW16 Wrote: Class A or B drug?

Just B today please, I'm having a quiet one.

Best of luck to the boys tomorrow again this is a super tough game .
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

Really looking forward to the game tomorrow now, I hope it survives the weather !

It really is a massive game. For both teams.

Far too early in the season to say they are title deciders or anything like that.
It is a 'Six Pointer' though, and whoever wins will have a huge boost going into the Christmas period.

I've not seen any confirmation anywhere, but there was a doubt of Milne for Dundee, but I suspect he'll probably make it. I read O'Donnell was another doubt for them, but again I'm sure he'll make a recovery.

We're without Fitzpatrick and Brittain of course. I'm sure Morrison will step in at left back, and Quinn will more than likely take the midfield role. Other than that I assume it will be a very similar team to what's we've seen over the last couple of months.

Hopefully a good crowd too. Dundee will probably have a big support up, so we need to vocal in the Jailend to help the team.

I'd say it was a must not lose rather than a must win. Looking forward to this. Better get a good night sleep as I'll be leaving Glasgow about 7am!

Not making this one. Sad But looking forward to a win, Dont see why not.