Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County V ICT 1st Jan 2015
First derby of 2015 - no idea what to expect really as with a lot of games this season, from the group of players we have available (fingers crossed barring any late injury news) I'd go with the following:

---------------------Reguero-------------------

Saunders-----Boyd--------Quinn-----Reckord

-----------------------Kiss----------------------

---------------Brittain------Woods-------------

--------Gardyne-------------------Carey-------

----------------------Arquin---------------------

Subs: Maatsen, Irvine, Boyce, MacLeod, Cardle, Jervis, Brown

2:1 County Tongue
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Don't think McIntyre will exclude Dunfield from the squad completely. Or include MacLeod at the expense of Toshney (makes very little sense).

I can see us winning this one.

Be interesting to see what Jim does here.

Will Jackson Irvine come back into the starting 11? Dunfield and Kiss did pretty well yesterday.
I don't see any need to change the back 4 from yesterday, and that let's Brittain continue in midfield.
At this point we don't know the extent of the Carey and Gardyne injuries.

Will there be any new players? Remember Slews surprise appearance last New Years Day.

Would be quite happy to see the above team start. I'm also a big fan of Irvine, though and think it could be the type of game that would suit him.

'They' will be smarting after recent results and I think a win for them today might have been a better result for us.

3 points would be good!

Stuart, Slew was fantastic that day, offered so much more up front than we had had for ages. He certainly had a big bearing on the game, even if it was just pushing/pulling the Caley defence about.

I've just looked at the side that beat Caley last New Year's Day.

Fraser, Saunders (Micic - 68' ), Gordon, Kettlewell (Quinn - 88' ), Boyd, McLean, Brittain, Cooper, Glen (Luckassen - 74' ), Slew, Carey.

Out of the 14 players that played that day, only 5 are still with us. Brown and Maatsen were in the squad but didn't feature (which might well be the case on Thursday).

Quite interesting.

I think the team will stay the same after the point in glasgow yesterday I am buzzing this one

(12-28-2014, 08:34 PM)IDW16 Wrote: I've just looked at the side that beat Caley last New Year's Day.

Fraser, Saunders (Micic - 68' ), Gordon, Kettlewell (Quinn - 88' ), Boyd, McLean, Brittain, Cooper, Glen (Luckassen - 74' ), Slew, Carey.

Out of the 14 players that played that day, only 5 are still with us. Brown and Maatsen were in the squad but didn't feature (which might well be the case on Thursday).

Quite interesting.

I remember going to that game thinking that we really didn't have a lot of hope, but we all know what happened after that!

The 11 that took to the field in that game put in a hell of a performance (I remember thinking it was Gary Glen's best game for us), but arguably, on paper you could say that we will be able to field a stronger team on Thursday.......... Who knows! Looking forward to it anyway.

Slew's over the shoulder lob into the path of Alex Cooper was sublime!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

McIntyre and Dodds took in today's game at the Dump,
And witnessed cynical over the ball challenges by Tremarco and Raven
I'm guessing they will leave Midge and Carey out, to protect their long term well being

And also, that Cart horse Draper will return for this one

I also went to the Dump today for a spy.

I concluded that Tony D is a better player than Ryan C. It is a pity that we are not going to see them head to head on Thursday.

I also think that Maatsen against Tremarco could work well in our favour. I hope it happens for more than the last 5 minutes.

County will go into the derby with more confidence than Caley who looked quite ordinary today, with no threat up front. Mackay has faded away completely.

There are lots of reasons to look forward to Thursday.

(12-28-2014, 11:14 PM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote: McIntyre and Dodds took in today's game at the Dump,
And witnessed cynical over the ball challenges by Tremarco and Raven
I'm guessing they will leave Midge and Carey out, to protect their long term well being

And also, that Cart horse Draper will return for this one

WELL OBESERVED DALNEIGH!
You quite clearly paid attention to the game, and observed the dirty tactics of Caley, some shocking challenges, sly sleekit stuff, off the ball and behind the referees back.
Strong referee required for the Derby!
And watch Sleekit Christie Junior (like Father like Son).
Is the cart horse draper not out for 2 games?
Immoral Cow Den Bender

They don't like it up em cap'n mannerin ;-) let's give our best
IMO would be nice for Kyle to get on bench at least

ICT have gone into their now traditional mid season decline and their confidence will be low. We, on the other hand, have been improving and confidence will, quite rightly, be sky high after Saturday.

We need to rattle their fragile confidence and press them from the kick off.

I reckon if we score first this time they won't come back. 2-0 County.

ICT have lost three league games in a row. The last time they did that was four years ago.

I wouldn't look too much into that though. They were recording their worst form last season in early 2014 but they still comfortably won twice in Dingwall. They didn't play too badly against Aberdeen yesterday and have players that can hurt County.

They can be got at though. Pushing high and forcing them into back-passes makes them very vulnerable.

I agree with the 4-3-3/4-5-1 shape, but I wouldn't want to guess the front six. I think Irvine is likely to come back in for his energy, but that means displacing at least one midfielder from the Celtic game.

That shape means ICT won't have a spare man in midfield for an easy option, which is what Yogi's side thrives on, and they are worse when playing more direct.

I'd also love to see Maatsen up against Tremarco over 90 minutes but it's unlikely. It's definitely worth a shot because he would beat Tremarco for pace every time and if an early yellow is given to the left-back then it's an obvious weak point in the defence to work at.

Incidentally, Joe Cardle started on the right in the 2-2 draw at the dump and probably had his best game of the season in my opinion. Why hasn't he been used there again?

(12-29-2014, 12:02 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: ICT have gone into their now traditional mid season decline and their confidence will be low. We, on the other hand, have been improving and confidence will, quite rightly, be sky high after Saturday.

We need to rattle their fragile confidence and press them from the kick off.

I reckon if we score first this time they won't come back. 2-0 County.

I agree, but we have a horrible habit of not pressing teams when we need to, we sit back and let them get into a rhythm, can't afford to the the Dump Rats do this, we need to get in their faces from the get-go. I think Maatsen could be ideal for running at their defence and draw mistakes and/or fouls.

Any news on Carey or Gardyne?

(12-28-2014, 07:19 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Will there be any new players? Remember Slews surprise appearance last New Years Day.

I can't find the specific source, but was there not a SFA officer up to make sure it went through on the morning before the game? Sandy Bryson is the head of registrations and Derek Adams was full of praise for Bryson and Donnie McBean to get it through on time, whether an officer was up or if it was done remotely.

I, for one, would like Slew back, but his loan at Port Vale officially expires on 3 Jan 2015. I don't know if McIntyre is looking at him, but if he is I don't think it will happen until later. But Slew's signing shows that it can happen for another player.

(It's probably relevant to another thread, but I see Blackburn have been given a Financial Fair Play transfer embargo where they can only sign on a 'one-out; one-in' basis on a squad of 24. But I think Slew and Songo'o haven't played enough for Blackburn to be classed as in that 24 so there might not be a desperate rush to release them.)

Draper is out, he got a 2 match suspension

I fancy us a bit here, we have the advantage of an extra 24 hours recovery.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

(12-29-2014, 03:40 PM)Capital_Stag Wrote: Draper is out, he got a 2 match suspension

I fancy us a bit here, we have the advantage of an extra 24 hours recovery.
I fancy us too but I don't think the fact that they played a day after us will make any difference. If full time professional athletes can't play two games of football in four days there's something wrong.

(12-29-2014, 03:49 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: I fancy us too but I don't think the fact that they played a day after us will make any difference. If full time professional athletes can't play two games of football in four days there's something wrong.

It would appear Gus Poyet disagrees

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30613524

---------------Reguero----------
Saunders--Quinn--Boyd--Reckord
-----------------Kiss-------------
----------Brittain--Woods-------
Maatsen------Arquin-------Carey

Subs: Brown, Toshney, Irvine, Dunfield, Gardyne, Macleod, Jervis.

Prediction: Ross County 2-1 ICT