Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"The Matchday Experience" Thread
(12-20-2014, 07:22 PM)Dont take my club away Wrote: Did we ever think it was going to happen???? Heard it all before. Loads of hot air.

Shocking reading in the record by Jackson he states ICT average more than county. Never I say N. E. V. E. R I say

Brick 
(01-07-2015, 08:12 PM)County1929 Wrote: ... I still think success on the pitch is the best way to do that though, even for attracting the youngsters, rather than face painting and bouncy castles.

I suspect the club have thought of that option. They may even be pursuing it with every possible sustainable effort.

But it is all connected. We have to ensure that there is nothing putting people off that can't be fixed; and that if there are options to enable a better match day experience then they should be investigated. If a bouncy castle helps some families, then bounce away I say.

And make sure we give Away fans an experience they would repeat and would promote to their pals.

I reckon they will have a better match day experience & atmosphere if we always allocate Away fans to the new North stand instead of the far corner of the East Stand.

It may well make them a slightly better support for the Away team on the day,
but
we do need them,
and
it should generally increase total atmosphere and Banter Exchange Levels.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(01-08-2015, 09:53 PM)Les Westander Wrote: I suspect the club have thought of that option. They may even be pursuing it with every possible sustainable effort.

But it is all connected. We have to ensure that there is nothing putting people off that can't be fixed; and that if there are options to enable a better match day experience then they should be investigated. If a bouncy castle helps some families, then bounce away I say.

Really? So why on earth did we go into this season repeating every mistake of the previous season? And regarding the length of contracts continued to operate as a Championship club?

The quality of football on offer and the squad we have is what brings the punters in outwith our diehard support, who will support County no matter what.

Now, when the crowds are coming then thats fine to have incentives to attract families.

But when the team is struggling, I'm sorry, but I think the club is peeing in the wind a bit with this.

(01-08-2015, 08:04 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Shocking reading in the record by Jackson he states ICT average more than county. Never I say N. E. V. E. R I say

They have this season.

Although County have averaged better over the previous two seasons.

(01-07-2015, 06:36 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Little bit of rose tinted glasses there i think. If you check back to posts around the time the tone was how bad the atmosphere was, and the forced introduction of seating was being blamed for it at the time.

IMO the atmosphere has been poor and getting poorer the higher we've gone through the leagues.

In the first half of our first SPL season it was pretty poor, but not the second half IMO.

The home wins against Motherwell (3-0), Celtic (3-2) and ICT (1-0) all had really good atmospheres.

The last 2 games especially were some of the best atmospheres I've seen at Victoria Park.

(01-09-2015, 02:51 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: In the first half of our first SPL season it was pretty poor, but not the second half IMO.

The home wins against Motherwell (3-0), Celtic (3-2) and ICT (1-0) all had really good atmospheres.

The last 2 games especially were some of the best atmospheres I've seen at Victoria Park.

Aye but that's just three matches, not really a balanced look at the season. And one of which is a (rare) home derby win denying them european football and the second a come back from 0-2 down to beat the league leaders.

I'm sure that if you look though the threads at the time, we as a support were unhappy with the atmosphere and the resent stadium change to become all seated was getting the blame.
But even before the seats went in quite a few of us on here were saying how poor the match day atmosphere was and suggestions were being made as to how to improve it.

Personally, I think our title challenging days in the Highland league along with our first couple of seasons in Division three (or whatever it was called then) were the times when the Jailend/Viccy park atmosphere was consistently at it's bouncy best Tongue But maybe that's just me being nostalgicBlush

Personally, I think our title challenging days in the Highland league along with our first couple of seasons in Division three (or whatever it was called then) were the times when the Jailend/Viccy park atmosphere was consistently at it's bouncy best Tongue But maybe that's just me being nostalgic Blush

I think you are right, I for one have not"enjoyed" the premier league as much as the lower divisions, and agree the atmosphere was better.
As I have said before, everything in the premier league is about money and TV, I for one do not enjoy games on a Friday or Sunday lunchtime, the atmosphere is not the same. For me Saturday is looking forward to the game in the morning, being there in the afternoon, and re-living it, good or bad that evening.

I was discussing this with other die hard Staggies at the last home game, we all agreed, even if we are relegated, we will still be there next season.

Supporters meeting tomorrow is cancelled.

(01-13-2015, 06:39 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Supporters meeting tomorrow is cancelled.

Hard to criticise in the circumstances, but I'm sure someone will.

I blame Roy.

(01-08-2015, 08:04 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Never I say N. E. V. E. R I say

[Image: Screen-Shot-2014-07-11-at-09.01.40-e1405...60x496.png]
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

I blame Davie Fraser, pitch looks far too good for a club our size......
Supporter Liaison Officer