Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Carol Service
Morning folks,
I see that there is a Carol Service at the Stadium on Sunday at 3pm:

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...l-service/

Also some of the players were up at the Capstone Centre in Alness, paying for and serving a Christmas meal to folks who are struggling at the moment:

http://freechurch.org/news/first-ever-fo...-war-truce

Irvine, Carey, Reckord, Mark Brown & Kiss were some of the players that I recognised in facebook photos. Good to see.

Well done!
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(12-19-2014, 11:20 AM)Rosscubed Wrote: Also some of the players were up at the Capstone Centre in Alness, paying for and serving a Christmas meal to folks who are struggling at the moment

That should be all over the official website. Great PR.

But it's not, obvs.

Quite right Forf,
I had a flick though the P&J and it's not mentioned in there either.
I believe it did make the Ross-shire Journal, but as the club does have an official Facebook now, this kind of thing should be all over it as well.

RE the carol service, I'm planning on going along, hopefully will be a decent turnout, not sure if it's in one of the function rooms or actually out on one of the stands - again we could be better on the communication/information front!
I'm sure it's free to attend, but that's not clearly advertised either...

I'm surprised at how we are lacking on the Social Media / PR front given we have Twitter, Facebook and new website....needs to be looked at for the new year, no point in having these feeds if they are not maintained!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I'm happy to see County are supporting the community at this time of year and doing so in a modest manner.

To look for positive exposure from their help and support within the community this month would be crass.

I think it's very unfair to criticise County's approach to PR because of this.

If the media want to report it, that's all well and good, but that's outwith County's control.

(12-19-2014, 06:08 PM)County1929 Wrote: To look for positive exposure from their help and support within the community this month would be crass.

Crass? What the hell are you on about?

(12-19-2014, 06:37 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Crass? What the hell are you on about?

Because you help people because you want to, not because you are looking for good PR.

lol. I wish I lived in your world.

(12-19-2014, 06:58 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: lol. I wish I lived in your world.

Do you not think the club should be commended for their approach, rather than there be a negative slant put on it though?

No matter what the club do, someone always finds a negative.

In this case, I just think depending on what charity you are supporting, it is insensitive to support them and at the same time promote yourself.

Just my opinion, quite possibly in the minority, I usually am!

You are implying that they didnt/shouldn't publicise it because they were doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. When it's far more likely that they didnt publicise it because the PR at the club is shocking to non-existent. (as per Forf etc)

(12-19-2014, 07:32 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: You are implying that they didnt/shouldn't publicise it because they were doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. When it's far more likely that they didnt publicise it because the PR at the club is shocking to non-existent. (as per Forf etc)

I'm not sure why some of you support County, when you never really have much positive to say.

The club really are trying more to support the community, and if they want to do that without much publicity at times, I really don't see the problem. The important thing is, the club actually helping in the community, not the photos and articles appearing in the North Star or Ross-Shire every week so we see evidence of what they are doing.

On this messageboard every discussion seems to always end up having negativity directed at the club.

It is more than balanced by the psycophantic brigade.

Unparalleled.

Wow that escalated!
On the first matter- publicising the good deeds, fair enough, it doesn't need to be shouted from the rooftops, but it is good for folks to see the players putting something back into the community. I can see that either way.
On the publicising the upcoming carol service (tomorrow) the club could have been a bit more proactive, and I stick by that!
Hopefully see a few of you at the service tomorrow.
Cheers

If there is criticism it should be aimed at the Directors, not the current staff who are spread thin and stretched.
Ranald and Jennifer left, we advertised for replacements and never took on anyone.
The person recruited and employed as the social media exec has ended up doing office admin mostly, I'm sure they are all frustrated.

The Metro had a bit about it on page 4, the 'Home Digest'.
We were the "and finally..." story Smile

Yay for PR!

Took a pic but no idea how to upload an image to this other than those images already online... which is perhaps apt given some of the complaints made on this thread.

Carol service went well yesterday, about 200 folks, a nice wee programme to take away - hadn't realised that this was something that was being done at other clubs as well:
http://www.tearfund.org/en-sc/admin/silentnight/
There were three readings, including a fairly substantial one by Stevie Ferguson, delivered very well.
A decent collection raised for Syria, and some mince pies and coffee afterwards, and a wee Ross County New Testament to take away, so all in all a well spent hour at the GES.

(12-22-2014, 10:56 PM)Rosscubed Wrote: Carol service went well yesterday, about 200 folks, a nice wee programme to take away - hadn't realised that this was something that was being done at other clubs as well:
http://www.tearfund.org/en-sc/admin/silentnight/
There were three readings, including a fairly substantial one by Stevie Ferguson, delivered very well.
A decent collection raised for Syria, and some mince pies and coffee afterwards, and a wee Ross County New Testament to take away, so all in all a well spent hour at the GES.

Great to hear, thanks Rosscubed