Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Jan Transfer Window 14/15
With the transfer window opening in 2 weeks. Do we think we can be as successful as we were in the last 2 January transfer windows as the two wheeler and dealers Georgie & Delboy?

January signings

Hainault
Sproule
Wolfarth
Ikonomou
Songo'o
Slew
Arquin
Tidser
Kiss
Cikos

(12-16-2014, 11:09 AM)Dont take my club away Wrote: With the transfer window opening in 2 weeks. Do we think we can be as successful as we were in the last 2 January transfer windows as the two wheeler and dealers Georgie & Delboy?

January signings

Hainault
Sproule
Wolfarth
Ikonomou
Songo'o
Slew
Arquin
Tidser
Kiss
Cikos
Let's hope the contract length is better under new regime or it will be catch -up next season all over again

Just so long as we are more successful than we were in the last 2 Summer transfer windows with the two wheeler and dealers Georgie & Delboy.

If we can get an improved CB (Songo'o... not sure if likely) and an improved RB (Cikos... even less likely) I'll be happy.

Maybe trim the squad a bit too. No-one standing out that we must get rid of now that the obvious suspects have gone (and Balk unfortunately), but we have a bloated squad of middling players. Be nice to shed a few average players to get in a couple of good players. Would also open up the first team to MacLeod and Miller maybe?

Would agree that longer contracts would be a good thing too! Rebuilding the squad every 6 months is wearying.

(12-16-2014, 11:24 AM)Skippers Son Wrote: Let's hope the contract length is better under new regime or it will be catch -up next season all over again

Let's hope the 2 & 3 contracts are given out like the chairman said to the fans via media.

(12-16-2014, 12:16 PM)Dont take my club away Wrote: Let's hope the 2 & 3 contracts are given out like the chairman purposed the fans.

Did he actually promise that? Would be good if so, where we have confidence in a player (a 3 year contract to a player like Celcer or Dreesen would have been a nightmare).

Do you have a link to that promise? Not that I dont trust you ,would just be good to see the full article Smile

If the interest in QOS players are right then it'll be interesting to see how that pans out....some good players in that team!

I'm sure McIntyre and Dodds will already have an idea of what they want to do business wise in January....I'm sure both guys have good contacts!

To be honest - it's vital that we do good business - more important this year than it's ever been to get in the right players to help us climb the league!!!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

A right back and centre back should be priority.

I don't think we'll see many leave, we just released 4 players and Gardyne's loan is only until January.

Paul Quinn's deal was only a short term deal until January too, but I expect he'll extend it.

(12-16-2014, 04:37 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: A right back and centre back should be priority.

I don't think we'll see many leave, we just released 4 players and Gardyne's loan is only until January.

Paul Quinn's deal was only a short term deal until January too, but I expect he'll extend it.

He said in an interview a month ago that he's signed for the season but would consider longer.

(12-16-2014, 12:16 PM)Dont take my club away Wrote: Let's hope the 2 & 3 contracts are given out like the chairman said to the fans via media.

Yeah ,I agree,but remember ,we gave long contracts to the MacSwegans and Broddles of the footballing world,and paid for it in more ways than one. I'm sure Roy and the board have that ingrained in their memory though.

(12-16-2014, 08:23 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Yeah ,I agree,but remember ,we gave long contracts to the MacSwegans and Broddles of the footballing world,and paid for it in more ways than one. I'm sure Roy and the board have that ingrained in their memory though.

Thanks tattiedave, I'd just about blocked Julian Broddle out of my memory and you go and open that wound again...

(12-16-2014, 08:57 PM)Roccos Wheelie Bin Wrote: Thanks tattiedave, I'd just about blocked Julian Broddle out of my memory and you go and open that wound again...

Sorry Rocco,the Broddle mention,was in hindsight ,a bit insensitive.

Jan 1st is nearly here.

Which players were only signed until January, and do we want to keep them?
Quinn
Gardyne
Woods
Reckord
Toshney

Is that right?
Will be interesting to see what happens.
There seems to be a weekly rumour about Arquin wanting away so I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

Disturbing that we have so many players coming to the end of their spells - also worrying news about Arquin - where would that leave us FFS??!!

I was told yesterday in Hamilton lounge that Arquin hasn't been happy since Adams & Adams left the club. Others are the same.

I fear that the management will look to bring tall bruisers in to pump the ball up to. No room for the gardyne's of this world in that scenario. I so hope I am wrong...

(12-21-2014, 11:55 AM)Dont take my club away Wrote: I was told yesterday in Hamilton lounge that Arquin hasn't been happy since Adams & Adams left the club. Others are the same.

What are your posts about? Do you want another management change? We are already paying 2 management teams, do you want us to pay a third lot or do want Adams back? Why not come out and tell us instead of sniping from the sidelines with these unsubstantiated statements.

(12-21-2014, 12:02 PM)cdam Wrote: I fear that the management will look to bring tall bruisers in to pump the ball up to. No room for the gardyne's of this world in that scenario. I so hope I am wrong...

If that is what is required to keep us up bring it on!
Everyone wants to see their team playing neat,tidy football, as I do, but we need to win games ,not just being easy on the eye.
We are in serious trouble,the January window has bailed us out in the past, it is going to be interesting to see what the management team do as it will be the first opportunity for them to bring in their own players.

I just think we should have picked up important points by now - fact we haven't concerns me greatly!

(12-21-2014, 12:27 PM)tattiedave Wrote: If that is what is required to keep us up bring it on!
Everyone wants to see their team playing neat,tidy football, as I do, but we need to win games ,not just being easy on the eye.
We are in serious trouble,the January window has bailed us out in the past, it is going to be interesting to see what the management team do as it will be the first opportunity for them to bring in their own players.

I get your point, of course if we do go long ball and start winning I will be cheering my head off like everyone else, but i fear it will be at the expense of what is actually a good group of creative players generally, who just need to get a bit of confidence and a break to go our way (he said through his Staggie tinted specs).